Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    If you want to spend enough time there to need flying, you should put in the same amount of work I did.

There is simply no excuse.
    I have pathfinder (for BfA) unlocked too. But once there’s a brand new expansion, all other pathfinders that’s aren’t current content should be lifted.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by MoltenIceCream View Post
    Its going down because their stupid decisions and flying is one of the many reasons,many things are locked behind loooooooooooong time gate.Flying was one of the things that came early on in game,not year after.Please,all this "you dont see world out there"we want you to experiance content,blabla"its all crap.What content exactly?If it werent for forced world quests,what would there be to do,well farm herbs/ores.It's nothing else but a way to make you keep paying them sub... It was fine when they just gave us flying.
    People can say i'm complaining, when i'm just pointing out how timegating can be annoying. You even get stuff done, and only after a "million years" (hyperbole i know) you get flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I have pathfinder (for BfA) unlocked too. But once there’s a brand new expansion, all other pathfinders that’s aren’t current content should be lifted.
    That's something that blizzard didn't do, and i agree so much. Once a new expansion hits, since most of the people don't want to spend their time in other zones, but spend their time on the current zones of the expansion, make it not required. But then tho, the achievements would continue to stay there and that's the problem i guess. Could be like a "ahead of the curve" achievement, i dunno.

I don't care. We are doing a ton of WQs at the start of the xpac and then nothing for two patches.

And when x.3 comes we have to do WQs for another 3 weeks. It's not that worse. I enjoy brainless grind from time to time. Just doing it for month is stupid.

Remove reps like the tortollan seekers.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Id prefer to go back to the WotLK model where we could fly as soon as we could afford it/were at max expansion level and then we could also buy the book for our alts. Either way it doesnt bother me anymore because im only playing classic

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    As title suggests. I have a certain love-hate for pathfinder. I love having some challenge to fly, but i hate having too much challenge and time to wait until i have it. Would you like for blizzard for example, change pathfinder in a way that wouldn't take a whole grind rep but instead, just quest chains, that you can complete anytime you want and once that pathfinder part 1 is done, pathfinder 2 would like give you then a rep to level? Or the opposite, or no reps at all? What are your thoughts?
    i think they should keep Pathfinder but only have one part.

As title suggests. I have a certain love-hate for pathfinder. I love having some challenge to fly, but i hate having too much challenge and time to wait until i have it. Would you like for blizzard for example, change pathfinder in a way that wouldn't take a whole grind rep but instead, just quest chains, that you can complete anytime you want and once that pathfinder part 1 is done, pathfinder 2 would like give you then a rep to level? Or the opposite, or no reps at all? What are your thoughts?
    I think pathfinder part 1 as it is is fine and should unlock flying. Waiting on part 2 seems to only result in period of sub loss until X.2 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    i wouldnt change it at all. people need to stop being lazy f**** already and just do the rep grind its not that hard.
    I'm not lazy, but cute you think i am. lol

3+ Year Old Account
    Remove it entirely, people keep flying and don't even have to buy a stupid license to fly in new content, and all new content is designed with flying in mind. Effectively creating a coherent universe not impaired by any tools given to the players, no gating that everyone whines about and no issue with ground content becoming irrelevant because all content will be adapted to flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    I don't care. We are doing a ton of WQs at the start of the xpac and then nothing for two patches.

And when x.3 comes we have to do WQs for another 3 weeks. It's not that worse. I enjoy brainless grind from time to time. Just doing it for month is stupid.
    I mean, if we don't have challenge we just feel we don't have anything to do in the game. The "boomer" is that you do that and then wait, to continue with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pathfinder is fine. I wouldn't mind them changing it up a bit next expansion to allow flying somewhat sooner but there's no reason to change it in BfA.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I want Pathfinder part 2 to release with X.1 patch instead of a year after release with the X.2 patch.
    That seems fair. I liked the idea about unlocking the flight whistle for alts for part 1, then flying for part 2. I wouldn't mind seeing flaying unlocked once you meet part 1 for existing content. And just keep part one for all new content added. So you are grounded for new contend until you explore and finish a certain amount of quests.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Pathfinder is fine. I wouldn't mind them changing it up a bit next expansion to allow flying somewhat sooner but there's no reason to change it in BfA.
    They could change pathfinder 2 at Shadowlands tho. Not just the extra rep, because doesn't really bother me the part 1, part 2 coming sooner is what i aim for

I'm not lazy, but cute you think i am. lol
    then why are you bitching about it then? the only concession ill give is to bring back rep tabards so you can gain rep in all content

Get rid of the rep grind and the part 1, part 2 nonsense.

Just have it be a single thing you do at the start of the expansion.

Ye ofc, i just have like some PTSD from lvling outside wod all the reps, cause i didn't play the expansion and had to gather reps in basically almost like a month (and i even took 1 whole day to complete stories) + legion + bfa. I think pathfinder is nice but needed changes, still how much would you prefer having flying, with a pathfinder, with some changes, or removed? Just bought with gold as it has been before wod?
    I think you need to go back to 7th grade english seeing as you clearly failed to learn anything about decent punctuation.

And stop beating the dead horse atoms
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

10+ Year Old Account
    They could change pathfinder 2 at Shadowlands tho. Not just the extra rep, because doesn't really bother me the part 1, part 2 coming sooner is what i aim for
    They could change it to match up more closely with LoreMaster achievements. Rep grinds in Part 1 aren't so bad as you get them just by playing the game for the most part. The second part which is often tied to new zones and content could easily dump the reputation stuff and zero in on finishing certain quest chains and loremaster achievements alone.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    then why are you bitching about it then? the only concession ill give is to bring back rep tabards so you can gain rep in all content
    Didn't know that creating a topic for discussion is called bitching. If you want to compare bitching with discussion topic, then go see bitching at shadowlands section.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    I think you need to go back to 7th grade english seeing as you clearly failed to learn anything about decent punctuation.

And stop beating the dead horse atoms
    Man, you people just like to come here to insult others. Get on topic or go give grammar insults to somewhere else. And in case you didn't notice not everyone born with english as mother language. And it's not mine either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    They could change it to match up more closely with LoreMaster achievements. Rep grinds in Part 1 aren't so bad as you get them just by playing the game for the most part. The second part which is often tied to new zones and content could easily dump the reputation stuff and zero in on finishing certain quest chains and loremaster achievements alone.
    Ye, loremaster extended, wouldn't be a bad idea.

Would love it. Dont even want to play wow without flying really...

Since legion I've joined the exp some time after launch, and then I only did content that aint speed up to much cause of flying..so no alt lvling etc etc...I planned it good.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Changed sure. Removed, no. I personally enjoy the population being grounded for some time with a new expansion. But yeah, I think the pathfinder is a tad over the top. I dont mind pathfinder 1 at all. Its almost dont by itself if you are just playing the game. I dont like pathfinder 2.. When you release flying to the population I dont find it very nice that it is THERE but it really isnt untill grinded. Thats just my take on it.

In the end would I be totally opposed to it being removed? I guess not. It was fine in tbc, wotlk and mop, though mostly because I like playing solo in the world, and teaming up in raids.