Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    in classic+bc i had 150fps (drops to 100 on pull with bl) in raids on 500$ computer
    You most definitely did not. The average PC back then was sitting at 10-20 FPS during most raid encounters. There was not a processor in existence that could run a 40man raid at 150 FPS in 2005.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's 100% that you just blind and don't understand that you play some times on 30fps...

- - - Updated - - -

2nd movie that i click - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ345rUjRb8
    player have 90+ fps before pull and around 25fps 50% of combat...
    He also runs a bunch of auras and details, so its his fault the fps drops.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I built a ~$1500 PC last year during the "Cyber Monday" sales for about $800.

Ryzen 2600X 6-core CPU
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM DDR4
    MSI Performance Gaming X470 AMD MOBO

Mostly budget stuff, nothing over the top because I don't play games that require over-the-top.

And I don't suffer from the issues you describe. I run everything maxed the fuck out, too. Raids, questing, w/e. I have never suffered a 150 > 30 FPS drop. Ever, and I monitor that shit because I spent money to avoid it, so don't try that cop out on me. It is definitely your hardware or connection. You can post 15 more videos from wowprogress.com, and even then that is such a minute data sample to use to say "The game is broken for everyone!" It's not.

Let me be the 100th person to tell you, it's a you problem, not a game problem. Bet.
    Last edited by Black Goat; 2019-11-05 at 06:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread needs to settle down. Discuss the subject civilly and constructively or the thread will be closed swiftly.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This thread needs to settle down. Discuss the subject civilly and constructively or the thread will be closed swiftly.
    Just close it, the guy won't post his setup for people to help him.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    Just close it, the guy won't post his setup for people to help him.
    Other people with FPS issues or questions are free to ask them and get help if they like, though.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Are you that ztn?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

my computer i build in 2016 for ~$2k runs mythic raids in 4k 60 fps most fights, only drops to 40 on some of the really intensive background fights like azshara (the entire background is abunch of nagas swimming and whatnot, which really kills frames)

idk how you could spend $2,000 and not get 60 fps in 1080p, maybe buy less memory and buy stuff that matters like the CPU or GPU? Check drivers for updates? Outdated addons? Turn down some settings like shadow/liquid? Could be a number of factors tbh.

sounds like CPU bottleneck
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Wow engine is shit nothing they can do really. I can max any new game on ultra and get 200+ fps yes i have a 240hz but still wow Sucks dosent use 50% of the hardware

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by siskokid21 View Post
    my computer i build in 2016 for ~$2k runs mythic raids in 4k 60 fps most fights, only drops to 40 on some of the really intensive background fights like azshara (the entire background is abunch of nagas swimming and whatnot, which really kills frames)

idk how you could spend $2,000 and not get 60 fps in 1080p, maybe buy less memory and buy stuff that matters like the CPU or GPU? Check drivers for updates? Outdated addons? Turn down some settings like shadow/liquid? Could be a number of factors tbh.
    Stop lying you are not running 4k 60fps in raids with a pc from 2016. I have 2080 ti one 4k screen and a 240hz i know for a fact you are not running 4k 60 with a 980ti i assume since you said 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    2600x+1660ti+16gb DDR4 RAM..... consistently 75fps on setting 8 in raids.

Your system is messed up OP. Or you are lying about your system cost (assuming we are intended to connect cost with quality out of thin air).
    "When you build it, you love it!"

I run a GTX1080 at 144hz 1440p, and actually I don't know how much FPS I have when we do BL.

Because when we do BL the only thing I'm looking at is Details and the DBM timer/alerts, while yelling to the other boomy that he's messing his Streaking Star procs.

it's interesting how they ruin performance in raids every single expansion more and more and now instead of fix something they talk about useless RTX... i would pay triple month subscription cost if this allows me to play on 2005-2007 year client that would give me stable 240fps on pull during blood lust... they introduce every expansion all this shiny thrash effects that matters only in solo game and ruin raids and seem they need another 15 years of development to understand something...
    If you just want Performance, how about Enabling the "Raid" Graphic profile, and Reduce spell Effects there?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Wow engine is shit nothing they can do really. I can max any new game on ultra and get 200+ fps yes i have a 240hz but still wow Sucks dosent use 50% of the hardware

- - - Updated - - -

Stop lying you are not running 4k 60fps in raids with a pc from 2016. I have 2080 ti one 4k screen and a 240hz i know for a fact you are not running 4k 60 with a 980ti i assume since you said 2016
    not running a 980ti, running 1080s in sli, main reason i bought the 2nd one was bc more intense games like witcher 3 would only hit around 50 fps stable with one back in 2016. WoW prolly could've handled it with one even easy since it requires less than witcher. CPU will bottleneck you more than GPU in wow.

Btw i'm curious, do you reach 240 fps in wow with a 2080 ti? I find it hard to believe we're at a stage where ppl can maintain more than 144 reliably with current technologies.
    Last edited by siskokid21; 2019-11-07 at 01:47 AM.

in classic+bc i had 150fps (drops to 100 on pull with bl) in raids on 500$ computer
    you are a liar, bro
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    now i play with 100fps (drops to 30 on pull with bl) in raids on 2k$ computer (please don't thrash-talk here about '...cococo i have 100fps in raids etc...'. you can easily see how even Sco have drops to 15fps on his wf translations etc...)

it's interesting how they ruin performance in raids every single expansion more and more and now instead of fix something they talk about useless RTX... i would pay triple month subscription cost if this allows me to play on 2005-2007 year client that would give me stable 240fps on pull during blood lust... they introduce every expansion all this shiny thrash effects that matters only in solo game and ruin raids and seem they need another 15 years of development to understand something...
    I've never had that issue and I am playing on a 5 or 6 year old PC.

edit: also wrong forum bro
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2019-11-11 at 08:13 AM.

uhm, I have an 8700k and a 1080....and with basically everything maxed out, minus dipping shadows down, I stay at a steady 60fps at virtually all times even while raiding, and thats at 4k rez as well. I turned vsync on to avoid screen tearing and the wild swings in FPS above 60fps, thus why 60.

I previously had two 1080s running in SLI, but found that I stopped playing higher end graphics games and that Wow ran the same, if not better, on one card, so sold off the other 1080 awhile back.

If you are not maintaining a decent FPS, you might want to check your addons, drivers, or other hardware issues to see what is going on.

With your computer drivers and settings optimized and a few tweaks to wows settings, I find it easy to stick in that 55-60 fps range in 4k.

now i play with 100fps (drops to 30 on pull with bl) in raids on 2k$ computer (please don't thrash-talk here about '...cococo i have 100fps in raids etc...'. you can easily see how even Sco have drops to 15fps on his wf translations etc...)

It's not their game, it's the addons. WAs and Damage Meters are the things that are horribly optimized and can tank your performance at times.

Another thing to check if you are struggling is your power settings, specifically regarding your processor. Wow is very CPU reliant on performance.

User beware in terms of wearing out your CPU, but one thing you can play with is the minimum power state of your CPU. When I turn mine to 100% minimum, i do notice less dips in performance. Modern CPUs turbo up and down based on load/temp. If the games load is erratic, your processor going up and down can cause some performance issues. I settled on the minimum processor state being 30%, and it legitimately helped me avoid occasional dips in performance in some games.

Also play around with the max/min FPS settings in the game. balance them out to avoid the wild swings you can get.

Don't get me wrong, the game could use optimization.....but no more than any other game in the wild.
    Last edited by TickerDS; 2019-11-11 at 08:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a 2k € pc and i never go under 90 fps in raid...i think the problem is somewhere else.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire