Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I'm sure they're going to stop this incredibly profitable cosmetic feature because they said it's a BFA feature. May as well stop with M+ too because it's a Legion feature?

So far we've only seen male Night Fae (assuming we'll get to play the fauns and not the faeries), so I'm curious if there are female fauns as well. I assume there are, as their leader, the winter queen, appears to be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    So far we've only seen male Night Fae (assuming we'll get to play the fauns and not the faeries), so I'm curious if there are female fauns as well.
    The Night Queen is female and we saw artwork of her, but it may be a Sethraliss thing where she's the only (discernable) female model.

My bet is that we will unlock the allied race of our chosen Covenant. The race will be neutral, like Pandas, which will allow new allied race characters to join either faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Im just going to say, if all of these races are dead, and only present in the shadowlands, how can they be playable.
    The race is not allied, individuals are. Most likely their allied race quest will see you earn the Arbiter's blessing or you find some magical macguffin or something else that is equally contrived to justify why single members of the race will be allowed to cross over into the world of the living.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfThaWest View Post
    Sounds amazing, been preparing me some LFD and Mag'hars to level. If both can be handled in Legion and/or Warlords, it's going to be amazing.
    I agree. Not sure when I'll resub if ever, but it'll be good to know that when I do, there's a vastly less frustrating leveling experience waiting for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    My bet is that we will unlock the allied race of our chosen Covenant. The race will be neutral, like Pandas, which will allow new allied race characters to join either faction.
    If they do become allied races, we can only hope.

Otherwise I imagine Blizzard will go "Necrolords and Venthyr are dark so they go Horde, Night Fae and Kyrians are light so they'll go Alliance."

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    seems like a system they'd like to keep around, it's a good way to add races that would logically have different racials or aesthetics, but can use the same model as an existing race, examples being Taunka, Saberon, Botani, or separate groups of a certain race that can/could have the opposite factional affiliations, like Leper gnomes(H), Half-Elves(A), Half-Orcs(H), Half-Draenei(A),(most of the half-races now that I think of it) and Lost Ones, the only prominent complaints I can think of is that Alliance kept getting the short end with the likes of Lightforged and Mechagnomes
    I know but look at how many races they've already added. I feel like it should've been paced out a bit more. We usually get 0-2 new races per expansion. In BfA, we got 10, 6 if you consider the 4 from Legion to be Legion content. Even so, that's a lot of new races that got added in a short amount of time. I think they may add another set of Allied Races before Shadowlands.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Neutral please! There's a couple I'd really like to play and don't want do be devastated to hear they are only for another side. Those advocating for them to be playable is the only important thing, really. Show support for their playability, don't support which side they'd fit or where you can see they'd better belong to. Besides we have to get their story before making those kinds of claims off a screenshot. If the story is that otherworldly beings accompany us to learn about us and life and to offer aid toward protecting or preserving the fate of reality and all existence, when the foundations of creation are shaken and elements of the cosmos are out of balance, then they'd probably get involved - however, stooping to our particular petty, squabbling situations seems beyond them. So I would like to think that blizzard, for these beings who are from another realm, would be neutral to the greater cause, and when choosing a 'side', do so for personal, individual reasons and are not forced to do so by a story - a disappointing story.

So, I would love if they were neutral, or perhaps not even neutral but just individually choosing a person (your main who meets and befriends them during your time there) instead of a whole side, who they want to experience our living side through or with. Researching and witnessing our ways and observing life's plight while aiding in the greater threats and offering insights and capabilities toward preservation of existence.

Neutal please. I'm horde and would very much love to make a faun. Fauns are my favorite beings from myths and legends, from stories and are some of my favorite types of characters - I'd love to play as and even main one!

I am excited about Shadowlands! I saw the faun race of the Night Fae covenant, and was wondering and hoping if we might be able to make a faun character to play? I have always loved fauns of myth and legend, with their panflutes, goat's horns, ears, legs, and tail and connection to nature. Mr. Tumnus from Narnia is one of my favorite characters. Autumn and Winter are special to me, and the cozy, restful, poetic, and chilly seasons accompanying the faun would create a cool kit. And such an aesthetic and theme would fit and be welcomed on both sides and all walks of life. Since Ardenweald is a place of rest and preparation for re-entering life, and has fairies and fauns amidst Fall forests and Wintery woodlands, this could be a great race to play. I don't know much about them (yet!) but they struck me as the fantasy race I'd love to play in WoW! Always wanted to make a faun in a fantasy game, and since WoW is my game, I am just giddy yet humbled that I may be able to make one and adventure as one! Just a suggestion to consider, thanks!

Let's not limit the races by already choosing sides for them, let's support them becoming playable and because they are not from the side of life, and we don't yet and can't truly understand them, support them just being playable - without the weightiness of designating sides for them. I don't think the sides will delight much for the other if they get the race the others longed for, and I'd be devastated if I could not play the race I've always wanted to play because it's on the other side. Enough of that.

In a way, let's keep them pure and not pollute the afterlife's races by making them choose sides as well. Neutral, please. Besides, if we all show enough interest, getting these awesome races playable is a possibility, whereas showing interested but only if the race is on certain side, adds a weight that detracts from getting them playable because it's adds a burden and uncomfortable weight to the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’m hoping we won’t see any more personally.

None - these are meant to be denizens of an alternate plane that appear to exist only within this plane of existence.

The gargoyles and vampires are part of the same area of the Shadowlands, so I doubt they'd double dip. The vampires are more likely - easy to rig to some other race and have easy armor setup.

We're far more likely to see skeletal/lich people for Maldraxxus.

I hate Allied Races as a system, but if we're going through these core covenants anyway as a primary feature, it would definitely be a wasted opportunity to not get some of these guys as playable.

Just saying, as someone who's has played mostly Horde in the game, the Alliance could use a non elf like race like the gargoyles.

I just wanna be a Necrolord.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Hard to imagine any of these races choosing Alliance or Horde other than Kryrians obviously being closer to Alliance aesthetic and Necrolords being closer to Horde...
    That's fair, but Pandaren chose sides because of interest. Likely Blizz can make that same panned excuse for anyone here.

My bets are Kyrian and Ven'thyr. Ion is likely to want to immortalize the Kyrian beyond an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    Neutral please! There's a couple I'd really like to play and don't want do be devastated to hear they are only for another side. Those advocating for them to be playable is the only important thing, really. Show support for their playability, don't support which side they'd fit or where you can see they'd better belong to. Besides we have to get their story before making those kinds of claims off a screenshot. If the story is that otherworldly beings accompany us to learn about us and life and to offer aid toward protecting or preserving the fate of reality and all existence, when the foundations of creation are shaken and elements of the cosmos are out of balance, then they'd probably get involved - however, stooping to our particular petty, squabbling situations seems beyond them. So I would like to think that blizzard, for these beings who are from another realm, would be neutral to the greater cause, and when choosing a 'side', do so for personal, individual reasons and are not forced to do so by a story - a disappointing story.

So, I would love if they were neutral, or perhaps not even neutral but just individually choosing a person (your main who meets and befriends them during your time there) instead of a whole side, who they want to experience our living side through or with. Researching and witnessing our ways and observing life's plight while aiding in the greater threats and offering insights and capabilities toward preservation of existence.

Neutal please. I'm horde and would very much love to make a faun. Fauns are my favorite beings from myths and legends, from stories and are some of my favorite types of characters - I'd love to play as and even main one!

I am excited about Shadowlands! I saw the faun race of the Night Fae covenant, and was wondering and hoping if we might be able to make a faun character to play? I have always loved fauns of myth and legend, with their panflutes, goat's horns, ears, legs, and tail and connection to nature. Mr. Tumnus from Narnia is one of my favorite characters. Autumn and Winter are special to me, and the cozy, restful, poetic, and chilly seasons accompanying the faun would create a cool kit. And such an aesthetic and theme would fit and be welcomed on both sides and all walks of life. Since Ardenweald is a place of rest and preparation for re-entering life, and has fairies and fauns amidst Fall forests and Wintery woodlands, this could be a great race to play. I don't know much about them (yet!) but they struck me as the fantasy race I'd love to play in WoW! Always wanted to make a faun in a fantasy game, and since WoW is my game, I am just giddy yet humbled that I may be able to make one and adventure as one! Just a suggestion to consider, thanks!

Let's not limit the races by already choosing sides for them, let's support them becoming playable and because they are not from the side of life, and we don't yet and can't truly understand them, support them just being playable - without the weightiness of designating sides for them. I don't think the sides will delight much for the other if they get the race the others longed for, and I'd be devastated if I could not play the race I've always wanted to play because it's on the other side. Enough of that.

In a way, let's keep them pure and not pollute the afterlife's races by making them choose sides as well. Neutral, please. Besides, if we all show enough interest, getting these awesome races playable is a possibility, whereas showing interested but only if the race is on certain side, adds a weight that detracts from getting them playable because it's adds a burden and uncomfortable weight to the situation.
    Honestly, I would like a shift of the foils. Make them opposing to the themes of Horde and Alliance (if they HAVE to choose), so light themes on Horde for once and some darker themes for Alliance. Would actually make me roll Alliance for once cause everything is so self-righteous.
    Last edited by Paraka; 2019-11-06 at 01:54 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    They can go above and beyond with allied races, however the UI might get clunky with that many races. By UI, main focus of my point goes on character creation screen.

Perhaps a good solution would be to use the scroll bar or perhaps page button to navigate around race selection.

What would it look like to have like 50 playable races (core plus allied) is beyond my sphere of imagination. I mean, I am not aware of how well would community take that, as with everything - opinions may wary a lot.

Personally I'd take any race they throw my way, unlock them all and simply enjoy the diversity between players I encounter in game.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I'm sure they're going to stop this incredibly profitable cosmetic feature because they said it's a BFA feature. May as well stop with M+ too because it's a Legion feature?
    I'm guessing they just won't throw them at us every patch anymore. May be one batch every expansion now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by d00dles View Post
    I lol'ed when I read "blue dudes" XD

But I rather not have the kyrian as allied since they are our spirit healers. Keep them as neutral npcs.

However, if they add gargoyle dudes then I will reroll in a heart beat. Arakkoa and Sethrak are low tier compared to THAT.
    I actually can see the ones who aren't ascended use their new trials to be on Azeroth's living plane. Not that I expect it, but I can see that writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I agree. Not sure when I'll resub if ever, but it'll be good to know that when I do, there's a vastly less frustrating leveling experience waiting for me.

- - - Updated - - -

If they do become allied races, we can only hope.

Otherwise I imagine Blizzard will go "Necrolords and Venthyr are dark so they go Horde, Night Fae and Kyrians are light so they'll go Alliance."
    NOOOO!!!! I helped these dudes and solved all their problems. They don't get to choose the wrong faction!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any allied races planned for later in the Shadowlands?
    Allied races should feel thematically appropriate. A lot of the races encountered at the end of Legion and BFA fit, as people we discovered become embroiled in the wars we're fighting and both sides are looking for reinforcements, but Shadowlands doesn't really have that feeling at the start. It's something they'll look at and see how players react to certain races, but nothing is planned for the launch of Shadowlands.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=296091/...the-lost-codex

So there's our hard answer. "Maybe, if players ask for it" essentially.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    NOOOO!!!! I helped these dudes and solved all their problems. They don't get to choose the wrong faction!
    Welcome to mechagnomes

10+ Year Old Account
    If we can get Venthyr and Kyrian I’d be beyond elated. Both are beautiful races and use skeletons we already have. Just need a custom dance/emotes really. Would be perfect.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.