Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Rogue poisons permament request.

Hi all! Ive made a thread on official forums, a request to Blizzard to make them permament once applied instead of 60 minutes.

If you agree with this, if you want this to be a thing please leave a comment, maybe Blizzard reads on it and considers the idea.

Poisons are not a group buff, poisons are personal and like other personal buffs in game there is no reason to not make it permament.

If this change makes no difference to you please consider giving support. Thanks!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...applied/352995

Thanks for reading and apologies if you think this is dumb and dont like the idea. I have no intentions to piss anyone off.
    Last edited by Xeh.-; 2019-11-04 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one of Blizzards derp moments where their devs brains aren't working properly. Sorry, that might seem harsh, but it's been 15 years and poisons aren't permanent buffs/enchants. How does it take 15 years to not even implement it yet, when playing the game for 1 hour makes ANY normal person think "well reapplying is annoying, this should be permanent"...

I think you will lose this fight. They clearly feel like there's something "traditional" about rogues applying poisons even if they don't make us actually, you know, brew our poisons anymore.

I'm agnostic about whether they become a permanent buff or not, btw, I just think they would have changed it if they didn't have some class fantasy reason for keeping it.

Honestly, I can apply my poisons I just really, really wish they came up with some better ideas for our secondary poisons.

I sort of get it, but... I still like putting on my poisons. Just a little moment of RP I guess. Regardless I've been playing Rogue forever so I wind up doing it at least once every 30 minutes anyway.

Poison would fade from a weapon over time when being used, permanent doesn't even make sense. They're not a Paladin aura, any other buff in the game - self or otherwise - that isn't an enchant, is not permanent. If you want it to be permanent you're just asking for them to replace enchants. Not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Poison would fade from a weapon over time when being used, permanent doesn't even make sense. They're not a Paladin aura, any other buff in the game - self or otherwise - that isn't an enchant, is not permanent. If you want it to be permanent you're just asking for them to replace enchants. Not a good idea.
    What a stupid argument, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I sort of get it, but... I still like putting on my poisons. Just a little moment of RP I guess. Regardless I've been playing Rogue forever so I wind up doing it at least once every 30 minutes anyway.
    I mean you'd still be able to apply poisons. The buff would just be permanent until cancelled/replaced by another poison.

Honestly, imo.. it should stay. It's a bit of flavor... hell bring back stones from mining, so we can craft sharpening stones again for melee classes.
    It would be the same as having a permanent battle shout.. that too used to last 2 mins.. lets make that last till logging off .

You know that the poison would eventually dry, or in time be worn off the blade as it is a finite substance that can only come in contact with so many surfaces before being worn off. Classic knew this even better as poisons have charges in addition to time.

I say go back to me having to craft them and create a crafting mechanic where using different materials only Rogues can salvage from the world augments them further.
    Role-playing is fun. I'd prefer less things be designed into irrelevancy than the alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    This, kids, is how you get retail WoW.

I'll be over there in Classic enjoying the inclusion of RPG elements in my RPGs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    This, kids, is how you get retail WoW.

I'll be over there in Classic enjoying the inclusion of RPG elements in my RPGs.
    -snip gif-

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-11-14 at 06:21 AM.

i would be more than happy with the charges being removed. in fact i was the happiest man on earth when they moved away from poison charges and we only had to worry about the remaining time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Hi all! Ive made a thread on official forums, a request to Blizzard to make them permament once applied instead of 60 minutes.

If you agree with this, if you want this to be a thing please leave a comment, maybe Blizzard reads on it and considers the idea.

Poisons are not a group buff, poisons are personal and like other personal buffs in game there is no reason to not make it permament.

If this change makes no difference to you please consider giving support. Thanks!

Thanks for reading and apologies if you think this is dumb and dont like the idea. I have no intentions to piss anyone off.
    It's timed because it is considered a buff. Like the Paladin buffs are timed too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    Well, actually millions do. But what people must understand, especially those who hate retail and loves classic (like me).. Is that people love retail for just what it is and now we have both. Be happy, everyone should be just happy.

If they are permanent, then you'll just apply them once and be done with it. Then what's the point of having them? In fact I think they should bring back crafting poisons.

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    If they are permanent, then you'll just apply them once and be done with it. Then what's the point of having them? In fact I think they should bring back crafting poisons.
    Well, you have different types of poison.

IMO they should either have us doing it the vanilla way or there is zero reason to not have them just be permanent.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Well, you have different types of poison.

IMO they should either have us doing it the vanilla way or there is zero reason to not have them just be permanent.
    Yeah and you're gonna pick the two best. Or one depending on how many you will be able to apply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    You cared enough to go find a gif and post it, so there you go.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    What a stupid argument, lol.
    And your lack of anything at all shows that, does it?

I'm... going to disagree with you on this one. I prefer poisons to be a short-lived buff. One of the few RP moments still in the game, and it just makes sense to me. Hope they don't take this advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post

Ngl I'd probably have made a weakaura in the time it took to write this post.