10+ Year Old Account

Vol'jin and Bwonsamdi's boss

In Vol'jin's questline, we learn several things:

- Bwonsamdi has a "boss" who would not be happy that he has lost Vol'jin's soul.
    - Bwonsamdi is not in league with Sylvanas. He even wants her killed. Therefore, his boss shouldn't be either.
    - Vol'jin's has been touched by valor.

Now, with what we have learned about Shadowlands, I came with some speculations.

We know that all or most souls now directly go to the Maw (obviously, Vol'jin has escaped that fate). Which means that anima, the most precious and "vital" ressource in the Shadowlands, has become a rarity. We know that the more powerful a soul is, the more anima it has. Vol'jin should have lots of it. We know that Vol'jin has been touched by valor, which point towards the Kyrian Covenant. We know that Bwonsamdi's home is in Ardenweald, controled by the Night Fae Covenant. Therefore, his boss might be there too. If Vol'jin has been recruited by the Kyrians, it explains why Bwonsamdi's boss would be mad that he has lost Vol'jin: it is a substantial loss of much needed anima for him/her.

Now, it gives us the reason why Bwonsamdi was upset with Vol'jin disappearance, but not much about the identity of his boss. We know that Ardenweald is rule by the Night Fae, which are lead by the Winter Queen, and we know the anima drought is pretty strong there. However, even if the Night Fae Covenant rule Ardenweald, that does not mean that there are no division. So that could be where Muhezala factors in. I really doubt that he is the Jailor, by the way, because the Jailor is just as stuck in the Maw as the damned incarcerated there, and very few have ever heard of him for that reason. Also, Bwonsamdi is not in league with Sylvanas, as I said earlier.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

We're gonna learn who his boss is in "Da Other Side" dungeon.

Bwonsamdi could be working for the jailer or the arbitrator or at least answer to or below either in some way. Plenty of bets don't like other bets, so he could easily answer to the same person that is empowering Sylvanas and also want her dead.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    We're gonna learn who his boss is in "Da Other Side" dungeon.
    Which is in Ardenweald, I know.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    In Vol'jin's questline, we learn several things:

- Bwonsamdi has a "boss" who would not be happy that he has lost Vol'jin's soul.
    - Bwonsamdi is not in league with Sylvanas. He even wants her killed. Therefore, his boss shouldn't be either.
    - Vol'jin's has been touched by valor.

Now, with what we have learned about Shadowlands, I came with some speculations.

We know that all or most souls now directly go to the Maw (obviously, Vol'jin has escaped that fate). Which means that anima, the most precious and "vital" ressource in the Shadowlands, has become a rarity. We know that the more powerful a soul is, the more anima it has. Vol'jin should have lots of it. We know that Vol'jin has been touched by valor, which point towards the Kyrian Covenant. We know that Bwonsamdi's home is in Ardenweald, controled by the Night Fae Covenant. Therefore, his boss might be there too. If Vol'jin has been recruited by the Kyrians, it explains why Bwonsamdi's boss would be mad that he has lost Vol'jin: it is a substantial loss of much needed anima for him/her.

Now, it gives us the reason why Bwonsamdi was upset with Vol'jin disappearance, but not much about the identity of his boss. We know that Ardenweald is rule by the Night Fae, which are lead by the Winter Queen, and we know the anima drought is pretty strong there. However, even if the Night Fae Covenant rule Ardenweald, that does not mean that there are no division. So that could be where Muhezala factors in. I really doubt that he is the Jailor, by the way, because the Jailor is just as stuck in the Maw as the damned incarcerated there, and very few have ever heard of him for that reason. Also, Bwonsamdi is not in league with Sylvanas, as I said earlier.
    When did this come up?

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Bwonsamdi could be working for the jailer or the arbitrator or at least answer to or below either in some way. Plenty of bets don't like other bets, so he could easily answer to the same person that is empowering Sylvanas and also want her dead.
    I'm curious how Alsestein became the jailer in the first place.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I'm curious how Alsestein became the jailer in the first place.
    Who? 10 char
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    When did this come up?
    During the What's Next panel. His personal demiplane "The Other Side" where he and his friends reside is part of Ardenweald. It's also one of the launch dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    During the What's Next panel. His personal demiplane "The Other Side" where he and his friends reside is part of Ardenweald. It's also one of the launch dungeons.
    Ahh word, I should have put that together lol, thank you.