Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    anyone remember when the ptr wipe was supposed to be?
    "No earlier than 10:00 a.m. PST on November 6"

Source: https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...ncoming-nov-6/

Quote Originally Posted by Damien Handler View Post
    Kul Tiras and Zandalar seem like too little content to get to max level because of the faction divide, unless they'll allow leveling on both continents? Sounds weird either way.
    In a similar vein, I hope they let us play former maxlevel questlines before 50, to level up, like the BfA War Campaign and especially Suramar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Yes I too remember that place we went named "Legion"

Legion and Cataclysm were single-word expac names but that's not the same case as naming the expac after the region we went to.
    We reached a new low of petty pedanticism, and that is after people trying to rip apart the bastion banner because the "text was too succinct".

So we never had a single word expansion named after the place of the expansion. Wonderful, now we do.

The next time when the expansion is called "x of y" we'll have people try to argue how lazy and overused that naming scheme is and how they totally want to appease the "nostalgia" of the expansions named that way or whatever.

Certainly better than Mists of Pandaria which in german just sounds like Manure of Pandaria and don't you know how that got ridden to death. Shadowlands is clear, concise and memorable and maybe most importantly, nicely abbreviatable.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

At this point, by the way, it seems clear that the Vulpine Familiar (the model, without armor, stars fairly heavily already, as a Night Fae covenant shapeshift ability and tameable pet) and Sylverian Dreamer are from Shadowlands content. So I assume that at least a few of the store mounts they add during Shadowlands will hint towards the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    So an underwhelming Blizzcon is over.

Are Dev Watercoolers something we get closer to beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    At this point, by the way, it seems clear that the Vulpine Familiar (the model, without armor, stars fairly heavily already, as a Night Fae covenant shapeshift ability and tameable pet) and Sylverian Dreamer are from Shadowlands content. So I assume that at least a few of the store mounts they add during Shadowlands will hint towards the next expansion.
    Even the now retired Horsedragongoat thing seems to be from Bastion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    So an underwhelming Blizzcon is over.

Are Dev Watercoolers something we get closer to beta?
    To have a Watercooler talk about something it needs to be fairly locked down, considering the lack of concrete info a lot of things won't be locked down yet so yes, it will likely be a while before those happen.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands kinda has me underwhelmed. Really wanted to see what the Forsaken and Worgen associated Allied races were going to be. Fingers crossed for Alliance Sethrak, Naga, Dragonmen, something different.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Even the now retired Horsedragongoat thing seems to be from Bastion.
    You mean the uhh..
    Windsteed?
    I think that more so has to do with the fact that they removed that model from the store, now they won't catch any flack for adding it in the wild.
    Whereas I'm fairly sure the Vulpine Familiar and Sylverian Dragon were made for Shadowlands, maybe event their mount models, then added early via the shop.
    Or they just felt that the Windsteed model would fit okay in Bastion, and it hadn't actually ever existed as a wild model anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You mean the uhh..
    Windsteed?
    I think that more so has to do with the fact that they removed that model from the store, now they won't catch any flack for adding it in the wild.
    Whereas I'm fairly sure the Vulpine Familiar and Sylverian Dragon were made for Shadowlands, maybe event their mount models, then added early via the shop.
    Or they just felt that the Windsteed model would fit okay in Bastion, and it hadn't actually ever existed as a wild model anywhere else.
    Wasn't that a Qirin? That would be more tied to Pandaria than anything else, and they just decided to reuse it.

There's a problem with this, though. While the fox and dragon are now obviously tied to Shadowlands, this connection would have been impossible to tell two weeks ago. So ultimately, it isn't terribly useful.

From all the interviews, it seems like they don't really have much concrete at the moment.

For example when asked how the covenant campaign is going to work "We’re not at that point to know where we’re really headed with it."

Or on torghast and wether there will be a lockout "Currently, we're still thinking about it, TBD, but probably something similar to the Withered Training Scenario. In the end, we want it to be something that you may want to at least try to progress through once a week."
    how can it be advertised as "endlessly replayable" if you can only do it once per week?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wasn't that a Qirin? That would be more tied to Pandaria than anything else, and they just decided to reuse it.

There's a problem with this, though. While the fox and dragon are now obviously tied to Shadowlands, this connection would have been impossible to tell two weeks ago. So ultimately, it isn't terribly useful.
    Yeah, but the Qirin was never in Pandaria as more than a store mount. I think because back then, they treated store mounts more or less as exclusive to the store, and after MoP, they didn't get much of an opportunity to put it in until now.

And fair point. It's more so that if like 2-3 store mounts in Shadowlands follow a clear and consistent pattern, it might give us a hint at the next expansion. Obviously, though, the Vulpine Familiar and Sylverian Dreamer were fairly ambiguous in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    From all the interviews, it seems like they don't really have much concrete at the moment.

For example when asked how the covenant campaign is going to work "We’re not at that point to know where we’re really headed with it."

Or on torghast and wether there will be a lockout "Currently, we're still thinking about it, TBD, but probably something similar to the Withered Training Scenario. In the end, we want it to be something that you may want to at least try to progress through once a week."
    how can it be advertised as "endlessly replayable" if you can only do it once per week?
    Yeah it would a bullshit feature if you could only do it once a week.

5+ Year Old Account
    damn this thread has been slow. 1 page overnight

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I don't understand why people are saying the content is lacking when it's about the same amount of content that Legion and BFA had. Legion introduced new long-lasting content, but BFA and Shadowlands are expanding on that content: M+ and WQs are here to stay. New content isn't also always the best, BFA introduced Island Expeditions and Warfronts, which were fucking garbage systems. This tower thing in Shadowlands actually looks fun.
    The tower in Shadowlands looks like the Mage Tower but amped up with a Diablo SSJ like boost. I can't wait for it, honestly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    damn this thread has been slow. 1 page overnight
    Oh please. Almost 100 pages overnight few days prior to Blizzcon was goddamn mental. Felt like Twitch chat. :v

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    The tower in Shadowlands looks like the Mage Tower but amped up with a Diablo SSJ like boost. I can't wait for it, honestly.
    Same. A (potentially) endless tower mode that can be done solo or in groups. I only wonder if there will be any adjustments towards solo tanks/healers? This place is the only source of legos, and better gear makes you progress more, so like healers can be at the disadvantage, forced to either group up, or farm dps gear.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-11-05 at 08:22 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    In a similar vein, I hope they let us play former maxlevel questlines before 50, to level up, like the BfA War Campaign and especially Suramar.
    Level Sync already lets you do that, but you're forgetting why BFA will the the most popular zone: Island Expeditions will still be the fastest way to level to 50 after 9.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Level Sync already lets you do that, but you're forgetting why BFA will the the most popular zone: Island Expeditions will still be the fastest way to level to 50 after 9.0
    Hey, at least i can do most of the Allied Race rep grind while lvling up!, that's nice... (wait does that also include Argus?)

What makes me sad is that this new leveling system probably means we can forget about them ever revamping the old world. I mean, it's completely skippable content now.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    What makes me sad is that this new leveling system probably means we can forget about them ever revamping the old world. I mean, it's completely skippable content now.
    I'm not sure. I mean, we got the revamped grave of Uther and now we are getting ghost Uther. Maybe they'll revamp the world after we successfully restored order to Azeroth and the Scourge stops running rampant. I don't think this will happen at the beginning of SL, because ... well, we don't have any means to stop it anymore. So my guess is, until we solve that problem in the Shadowlands, the Scourge is going to run around Azeroth. If they revamped it before that, they'd have to do it all over for when the Scourge is done with the world ^^