10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Oh please. Almost 100 pages overnight few days prior to Blizzcon was goddamn mental. Felt like Twitch chat. :v

Same. A (potentially) endless tower mode that can be done solo or in groups. I only wonder if there will be any adjustments towards solo tanks/healers? This place is the only source of legos, and better gear makes you progress more, so like healers can be at the disadvantage, forced to either group up, or farm dps gear.
    Yeah this thread is prob gonna pick up a little with 8.3 ptr patches but not much until alpha/beta gets closer.

Not much to talk about, blizzcon was hype, I didn't see much of this thread since I was at blizzcon, but it's fine for it to chill a bit.

Waiting is what we do best lol.

Do you think Deathwing will be in the Maw ridden by Arthas?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I'm not sure. I mean, we got the revamped grave of Uther and now we are getting ghost Uther. Maybe they'll revamp the world after we successfully restored order to Azeroth and the Scourge stops running rampant. I don't think this will happen at the beginning of SL, because ... well, we don't have any means to stop it anymore. So my guess is, until we solve that problem in the Shadowlands, the Scourge is going to run around Azeroth. If they revamped it before that, they'd have to do it all over for when the Scourge is done with the world ^^
    That is possible but it was already highly unlikely, now there is even less reason to do that. Looking at the expansion features, a world revamp alone would probably cost us any other features

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Did they actually confirm that? I can only find repeated mentions that Allied Races will not get new customization, and when asked spcifically about DK customizations they said "no".
    When they refer to DK customization it's cuz someone asked about it in reference to the original races. That's what they're saying "no" to, as well as AR not getting new customization like the original races atm.

But for new DK AR skins, that's been said yeah.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    New Death Knight Intro Experience
    Coming in 8.3, set in a new sliver of time before Sylvanas breaks the Helm of Domination at the start of Shadowlands. You'll still be able to play through the old experience, but it doesn't make sense for allied races who wouldn't have been around at that time. It will play out similar to the current allied race intro experience, with Bolvar creating a new order of Death Knights. The allied races have some new skins (and a whole lot of additional character customization is coming in Shadowlands).
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=296050/...-steve-danuser

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I think it'll be as likely as your profile pic being canon.

hahahahah that would be the new meme for "welcome to the Internet"

No 8.3 till early January, if they (hopefully) keep the standard 3-4 months of content for patches we should get prepatch around march/april area, If all goes well a mid to late summer release for Shadowlands is still possible. which is what I still hope for, but if they announce an actual feature for me to look forward to I'm perfectly fine with waiting longer.(doesn't hurt that Cyberpunk comes out April too)

Yes. However Deathwing will be in human form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    To have a Watercooler talk about something it needs to be fairly locked down, considering the lack of concrete info a lot of things won't be locked down yet so yes, it will likely be a while before those happen.
    All the WoW projects look both delayed and chopped for me, a perfect expample is 8.3 and the little they showed of Shadowlands, tons of artwork but almost nothing in game, for 8.3 they already said is looking for a early 2020 release so there you go. Again something is pushing them back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Torghast is available all/most of the time, but maybe after the first run of the week you only get 10% of the currency etc. Idk.

They could also make it available all the time, but you only get loot once a week. If you die on floor 19, you can go back in, and if you make it to floor 20 you start earning full loot again. Can only loot each floor once.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    What makes me sad is that this new leveling system probably means we can forget about them ever revamping the old world. I mean, it's completely skippable content now.
    I think the split in leveling time and endgame time would enable them to actually reflect the current state of events more often in zones. They could also use them more often for quests. It really just depends on them.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

so apparently in an interview a devastated that titanforging might return and shadowlands depending on how the corruption system works out

that is f****** stupid I really hope that they don't use the corruption system coming with a downside as some kind of reason to bring back the b******* that is titanforging just let us have deer that's meaningful let my end game progression be end game progression if I get an item by killing the final mythic boss I want that item to be the strongest item I can get

Less than a month from when we were told that titanforging isn't how blizzard wants to go we have a Dev saying that there's a chance it will return

you know I like the fact that they listened to feedback but I feel like they're so f****** stupid the only feedback they listen to is to the 5 people in that room when they're just throwing around ideas

the idea of this expansion was growing on me I might hate the theme I might hate the elf with anger issues I might hate the idea of going to the shadowlands and abandoning all of the Lord that we are building up on our planet but the system we're sounding cool and then this s***

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    literally why
    I imagine because he thinks that there's probably going to be a break point which will happen more than likely

so much like how at the beginning of this expansion a lot of groups were only running a mythic plus 5 over and over and over again players will find the proper floor level and just do that over and over and over again which I think is fine you really should not limit players

if Little Jimmy wants to run that tower and just do floor 720 times a day for an entire week let him do it it's not really going to mean anything in the long run pack if they want to run it for 10 hours straight just to try to get to floor 20 let that happen who cares it's fine it's fun it's their own solo content it doesn't matter there's no need for there to be a lock on anything or any diminishing returns

the idea that it has to have diminishing returns is actually pretty funky because in reality it's just a fun thing to do it provides end game progression in a new and meaningful way that isn't just grinding out the same dungeon over and over again as the bosses get a little more powerful and you get one or two new mechanics it's not running raid that you only get loot once a week from its going into an area where you have a limited amount of rewards you gain different abilities as you go up and in the end maybe you get some rooms for a legendary that it's going to take weeks to craft

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheHodedOne View Post
    All the WoW projects look both delayed and chopped for me, a perfect expample is 8.3 and the little they showed of Shadowlands, tons of artwork but almost nothing in game, for 8.3 they already said is looking for a early 2020 release so there you go. Again something is pushing them back.
    it's called the holidays they literally came out in or like hey guys we're going to launch this patch after the holidays that way if there are any problems we don't have to operate with a skeleton crew and you guys can be bitching about bugs for a week which we can't fix because most of our tech people are out of town visiting people for Christmas also I highly doubt that the world first race would be any fun when half of the guilds are missing because of Christmas

it's going to launch early to mid January the raid will then be fully cleared in about three weeks most people will be starting to do it in February having a little luck on that and then the expansion will launch no later than September 29th and that is only because they have to do it the same way when it comes to holidays as they do with BlizzCon they need to give players enough time to level up and get through everything which is the one week to two week hiatus before introducing reading in the mythic plus season and they also need to allow time for things like the MDI and the world first race along with arena

so I figure around the 20th of September if we have BlizzCon during the first week of November around the end of September if they push BlizzCon back a week

now are they behind on stuff it does seem like that because the design team doesn't really know what they're doing and I don't mean to say that they aren't skilled but they literally don't know what their final plan is going to be that's a little scary but the expansion itself is looking to be pretty decent in terms of content variety of content and what you can do all together

Just prepare for an 8-month braids tear and pre patch in late July or early August with the next minor point five patch around June maybe

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    No 8.3 till early January, if they (hopefully) keep the standard 3-4 months of content for patches we should get prepatch around march/april area, If all goes well a mid to late summer release for Shadowlands is still possible. which is what I still hope for, but if they announce an actual feature for me to look forward to I'm perfectly fine with waiting longer.(doesn't hurt that Cyberpunk comes out April too)
    with the 8.3 delay it seems like it'll be March with 9.0 coming out Jan 2021 at earliest. I'm fine with this, because you know they're going to deliver with Shadowlands and aren't in a rush. I also hope Bastion demo was really just a demo of the zone, it was tiny!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    So an underwhelming Blizzcon is over.

Are Dev Watercoolers something we get closer to beta?
    If WoW expac, Diablo IV and biggest Overwatch expansion so far is underwhelming for you, I wonder what the hell would satisfy you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    with the 8.3 delay it seems like it'll be March with 9.0 coming out Jan 2021 at earliest. I'm fine with this, because you know they're going to deliver with Shadowlands and aren't in a rush. I also hope Bastion demo was really just a demo of the zone, it was tiny!
    Ion already said it'd come out in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I wonder what the hell would satisfy you.
    Argumentation that is not disingenuous?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly for me there is one solution to the gear system.
    Just move everything to the chest. Let people get chest loot without doing M+ and instead of emissaries bloating ilvl make doing emissaries and Torghast also contribute to your chest. Doing X emissaries per week guarantees a basic piece, with Torghast and M+ giving higher ilvl loot depending on how far you progress. The only thing left behind then would be LFR and really, LFR is always dead after the first few weeks unless there is a different reason to run it (like legendary quests or tier and OP trinkets).
    Or you could just have a count dungeons and the tower in PvP and raids

seriously I get that people want to make everything come out of that chest but honestly WorldQuest should not have anything to do with it because it's a reward chest World quests are not something that give rewards they're f****** chores

if you do the tower you get the weekly chest anyways so why would World quests have anything to do with it

seriously if you want to include World quests into that then for some reason it's a character that isn't doing the tower which makes zero sense because the tower is the only place that you can get stuff for your legendaries and also similar rewards we don't know if the powers that come out of that tower are going to be 100% only for the tower or not we don't know anything about anything that comes out of there except for the legendary items

So with mythic plus and the tower and raves and PVP it covers literally every aspect of endgame progression that any player who gives to schitts about the progress of his character. If you do less than that then you don't play the game and that is really messed up to expect a reward for not doing anything heck I'm going to have about four alts pretty early in the expansion and I'm not going to do much other than the tower on most of them

not to mention we don't know how the emissary system is going to work they might revamp it in this new way of doing World quests because also keep in mind your covenant isn't going to be a regular rep grind it's going to be more than likely very similar to the suramar questline where everything depends on how much anima you bring in and there's probably a soft cap to it but again we don't know because none of the features were developed enough to truly show off because for some reason it seems like they chose this expansion last minute and even with that it's looking really good

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    It will come in September or October of next year guaranteed

Y every time I come back here I c u spouting nonsense?

keep in mind they aren't really delaying the patch out of necessity but more so because if they launch it between now and stay January 1st at the latest then you have two holidays that a majority of the players have to deal with and the endless bitching that will come with it

Plus you also have the new mythic plus season

I don't know about you but let's say the patch where to launch next Tuesday I know about six people that won't be rating when the raid unlocks simply because of holidays and that's this month pretty much the last 10 days of next month are taken up by most people for holiday plans and we know that lizard would probably be having a few of their employees also on holiday vacations so they would be short-staffed in terms of having to deal with something like game breaking bugs that would not be able to be fixed in a few hours of being discovered

they are probably more than ready to push this patch out but simply are hanging on to it so they can launch it after the holidays meaning there's more than likely development already into future 8.3.5 patch and pre patch and the next expansion we are going to see the shortest content drought ever and I am okay with that because the next expansion will launch in September

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    What makes me sad is that this new leveling system probably means we can forget about them ever revamping the old world. I mean, it's completely skippable content now.
    the current content in the old world is skippable but they can still revamp the world for new quests in those areas which means that they would not have to destroy the current zones to make the new ones so cataclysm 2.0 would not happen in the sense that people complain about world destruction

By segmenting the world into these expansions it's really weird but it allows them more freedom in the future

- - - Updated - - -

Something else that is really kind of pulling at the back of my mind is that we saw and heard nothing about the mission table meaning that it might finally be dead and the only tie and left would be a Pokemon go style mobile game which I would be 100% okay with because the mission table is a mere shadow of its former self

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    Y every time I come back here I c u spouting nonsense?
    ??? the dev literally said nothing is coming until next year after the anniversary event lolth

https://www.wowhead.com/news=296083/...-nyalotha-raid

if you think 8.3 is coming this year/9.0 is coming before November next year then you're actually delusional. there was a year gap between 7.3 and 8.0 - so seeing as 2020 is a guaranteed 8.3 release then we won't be getting Shadowlands until 2021 - simple logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post

yes, and that is subject to change. the fact that they didn't specify a month is telling that it could be 2021 and all signs point to that happening with 8.3 coming out around March next year. blizzard obviously didn't want players to panic, but if you follow the logic from previous expansions then Shadowlands isn't coming until 2021, which as i said, i'm fine with bc the xpac will be great
    Last edited by Zexaniro; 2019-11-06 at 12:08 PM.

??? the dev literally said nothing is coming until next year after the anniversary event lolth

https://www.wowhead.com/news=296083/...-nyalotha-raid

if you think 8.3 is coming this year/9.0 is coming before November next year then you're actually delusional

- - - Updated - - -

yes, and that is subject to change. the fact that they didn't specify a month is telling that it could be 2021 and all signs point to that happening with 8.3 coming out around March next year
    The blizzard store seems to be down but didn't that say release on or before 31st dec 2020?
    So yeah... your full of shit.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death