Poll: Do you want PvP vendors in Shadowlands?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

PvP vendors in Shadowlands ?

Would you like PvP vendors in Shadowlands. And if so in which way?

Restore mop system, it was the last one that worked well.

Pvp vendors, no rating requirements for better gear, rating requirements for transmogs, Conquest gear buyable with honor after 27k conquest points (though with gear adapting to spec, this would no longer be needed).
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

10+ Year Old Account
    as long as you get good power increase at high rating instead of dumb achievements...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cofic View Post
    Would you like PvP vendors in Shadowlands. And if so in which way?
    It should be as simple as It was on WoD or most other expansions beforehand, you had basic Honor Gear and then Conquest Gear, pure and simple.

Blizzard try make super complicated systems for everything nowadays, for example the Shadowlands Covenant and It's abilities that you'll get could easily be talents instead of making It so convoluted and tie It to some expansion-specific faction, that's WoW's problem for a good while as well, making EXPANSION specific features rather than GAME specific features. They could've expanded upon and itterated the Garrisons all this time instead of leaving them In the dust bin on Dreanor. Instead of giving us the literally worst part of the garrisons in the form of mission tables.

It should be simple, pure and simple, you go pvp in arena/battlegrounds, get honor gear, then go do rated arenas/battlegrounds and get conquest gear, fin.

Nothing more, nothing less. And then you ADD ONTO THAT, so you want that super epic mount specific to your faction cause It's badass? (I'm still pissed both factions get a Fox/Turtle/Bear mount that looks exactly the same basically, no faction identity in them at all) You can go get a high rating and get It, want that cool armor set? Go get 50k kills in Ashran or something, done.

Simple and to the point, even back in WoD this was simple enough and ever since Legion they've made EVERYTHING overly complex, too easy and annoying to go through with the game clearly not trying to respect your time but suck your time Into the game asmuch as possible for miniscule rewards.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post

Pvp vendors, no rating requirements for better gear, rating requirements for transmogs, Conquest gear buyable with honor after 27k conquest points (though with gear adapting to spec, this would no longer be needed).
    WoD's system was better than MoP, was it not?

Just give me transmog vendors back, PLEASE

If there isn’t PVP vendors back in Shadowlands then unfortunately the endgame is going to be Dead. On. Arrival. for me.

Genuinely good gear which is optimal in a PVP environment, obtained by doing PVP. That’s all I ask.

I’ll still buy the box and check it out but I don’t think its a coincidence that I haven’t stuck around much since the Legion overhaul for pvp gearing.

Doing normal bg to reach the normal set was fun ... now bg is useless ... rated bg is a pain to join and go up ... I really would love a soloQ system for rated battlegrounds , all people will join and play it ... balance classes like this: ranged same as melee or same as adversary team has ... and max 2 heal for the team .... if no heals are in queue ---> only DPS vs DPS count down will start---> HF, Best players will win, GG. you rank up

Only for organized premade groups is so necessary for PVP ? We all know the bg rules if the queue is any balanced, a lot of fun and PVP will come to WoW

Soloq queue should not have 5 man premades in it but 2 seems fair to me, So all the PVP players base will start playing soloq rated bg like... forever. Best players will go up , normal will keep trying.
    Last edited by Arkaine Valor; 2019-11-05 at 11:48 PM.

do bgs for lfr level pvp gear, at 1500 you trade it in for normal, 1750 trade it in for heroic, 2k for mythic.

rating is obviously an example*

on top of that a cosmetic vendor with conquest points as the currency and rating tiers, even if its ms painted recolors; its long overdue.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Honor & Conquest vendors with rating requirement for better conquest gear.

Honor gear (blue/superior) no rating requirement to get a solid start.

Conquest gear with 1700/1850/2000/2200/2400 rating (elite different color, better ilvl starting at 2200)

YES Please.! Sucks soo much to get "random" pieces in pvp.

Who was the smart a** that removed pvp vendors?
    The pvp community? I don't think so...

Imagine going to a war and your mayor offers you an Uzi and military boots only to begin with XD
    Last edited by Alexplode; 2019-11-06 at 12:03 AM.

I don't mind them, its a good system

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Honor & Conquest vendors with no rating requirement for better conquest gear.

Why voting for no rating? L2P please? Getting mid-high rated and showing off your high rated gear (Elite sets) in bgs, duels and world pvp is very satisfactory also intimidating players was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    WoD's system was better than MoP, was it not?
    Well, depends on who you ask =p

I would disagree, there was Ashran exclusive gear after 6.2 (random drop) and honor equivalent gear from Ashran could war forge (or whatever it was called back then), including a socket, making it BiS for some specs.

They also removed the option of buying conquest gear with honor after 27k conquest, which, again, is not such a hot feature nowadays, since gear adapts to spec, but it was missed by me (who mains a druid) during WoD.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Honor+conq vendors with rating requirement. All the way.

Well, depends on who you ask =p

I would disagree, there was Ashran exclusive gear after 6.2 (random drop) and honor equivalent gear from Ashran could war forge (or whatever it was called back then), including a socket, making it BiS for some specs.

They also removed the option of buying conquest gear with honor after 27k conquest, which, again, is not such a hot feature nowadays, since gear adapts to spec, but it was missed by me (who mains a druid) during WoD.
    Ah, now that you mentioned it, the Ashran thing really bothered me back then as well. But I think the ilvl scaling when in PvP worked better than PvP-Power/-Resilience.

I think the pvp system in BC, WotlK, Cata and MoP would all be way way better compared to what we have currently.

personaly i feel wrath time was best,i liked resilience more than pvp power,and the higher rating needed just makes sense,also being able to use some rly good raid gear in pvp I always felt was just a good design choice,had the most fun in arenas in those days as a holy pala with low resilience but huge haste and crit chances,also a bunch of armor pen on warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    they removed/changed resilience because kiddies whined to much
    dunking people in tbc was the best, first reason i started with rated pvp
    I rly dont recall people complaining about resilience,but maybe i lived in a bubble,i do ''kinda'' see why they took away the good raid gear giving advantage in pvp,people did moan about stuff like shadowmourn or double op dps trinkets for humans,i played 3v3 with shadow priest and lock both humans with the icc trinkets,and they just melted faced with those,killing healers in one cc chain if lucky

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I rly dont recall people complaining about resilience,but maybe i lived in a bubble,i do ''kinda'' see why they took away the good raid gear giving advantage in pvp,people did moan about stuff like shadowmourn or double op dps trinkets for humans,i played 3v3 with shadow priest and lock both humans with the icc trinkets,and they just melted faced with those,killing healers in one cc chain if lucky
    I loved resilience, do we actually have a post of why it was removed? also shadowplay was cool when locks and priest actually dotted everone to death.

Also remember TSG with double Shadowmourn?

Edit: i just remembered Beast cleave, Legendary TSG, Wizard cleave, RMP, Turbo, Jungle, Volcano, double ret (lol), Thunder, Kitty, Hunt/Ret...

man everything was playable and fun, one shot but fun.
    Last edited by Alexplode; 2019-11-06 at 05:12 PM.

With Blizzard not really commenting on the entire loot situation, they are probably not going to return.
    Why? Because their original reasoning that "you can't buy PvE gear off a vendor" is still true and seemingly doesn't change in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexplode View Post
    I loved resilience, do we actually have a post of why it was removed?
    Blizzard wanted to make things more accessible and thus decided to ditch Resilience entirely, as they developed the tech (or further committed to it) to balance spells / specs individually depending on PvP, thus Resilience kinda became pointless, as it was originally introduced as a bandaid fix to balance PvE and PvP seperately from each other (=reduce the overall amount of burst happening in PvP).
    But because PvE gear was still in terms of raw output very often superior, they had to constantly reiterate on the system to fix that.

After all, PvP gear was worse than equivalent PvE gear and vice versa for the respective modes, thus having full PvP rather terrible for PvE and full PvE generally (altough i'm not going over every exception here) worse in PvP.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-11-06 at 09:16 PM.