Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would like if part 1 gave flying for the main content and then part 2/3 gave for patch content

Remove it completely from the game. Once you hit level cap, buy the skill and enjoy the game. Nobody has to be put through these awful 3d World terrains - if you want to explore it on foot/ground mount - be my guest, otherwise you should have an option to skip the pain caused by that retarded composition (compare Vanilla and TBC and even WotLK to the current crap if you don't understand the previous lines).

Lock it behind mage tower type challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Arln View Post
    Remove it completely from the game. Once you hit level cap, buy the skill and enjoy the game. Nobody has to be put through these awful 3d World terrains - if you want to explore it on foot/ground mount - be my guest, otherwise you should have an option to skip the pain caused by that retarded composition (compare Vanilla and TBC and even WotLK to the current crap if you don't understand the previous lines).
    Flying isnt option and never will be. So make it avaible so early is nonsense.

I just miss out on not being able to see all the artwork, terrain, and entirety of the cites that you can't see until flying is out.

I just think Blizzard misses out on making content where flying is required or you can't access it. But what do I know?

The system is fine, but unlocking should happen a lot sooner, not when the whole continent becomes literally irrelevant. At least this time the 2 new zones was not time gated, that was nice.

I can see some points to keeping it in relevant content, making people face hazards etc. and travel through the world at character height, but it should be removed as soon as it's one expansion behind. E.g. in BFA we should be able to fly by default in all expansions up to Legion. Grinding outdated content is booooooooooring.

I honestly think that this is a good system. The only issue I had with it was Nazjatar...that zone needed flying pretty much immediately and those first 3 weeks were painful to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say, alter it. Waiting for the .2 patch is far too long. The number of people still exploring after half a year+ of an expansion is very low and the mobs that people are forced to fight on the way to a world quest (as all questing content is also done, provided said player will actually do it) are very much not novel anymore.
    My personal opinion is, keep it to .1 patch, or outright just make it available in launch, but have it require all zone questlines completed, all dungeons completed on mythic (or, alternatively for PvP players, reaching certain honor level, so that they are not forced into PvE content too much), all reps at honored, main questline present in .0 finished (in BfA, that would be the extent of war campaign available at that time). If it would be restricted into .1, add a questline that would lead into flying being available, provided all above stated conditions being met. This is, of course, not expecting a dungeon or a zone being added in a .1 patch (as I believe is the general rule so far).
    I believe that would be enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only want it not waiting until next to last patch of the expansion(s). Stop the time gating of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have zero problem with it exist, except its stupid delay
    if pathfinder stays the same (quests, explore, some rep grind) but is available since game release i have zero problem, or just give us the older system of just pay gold and done
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    This is toxic. People like you are the reason why WoD and Legion pathfinder is still in the game.
    i did wod pathfinder during wod era, and did legion during legion
    and i have zero problem it get removed when next exp is released, in fact it should be removed already (but keep achievement for mount), why force ppl who skipped wod or legion to stay on foot for alts or even a main fast lvl for old timer return?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

The only thing they should change is timing. Flying on any content should be aviable as soon as that content is aviable. Pathfinder requirements already work as the barrier that makes the player explore and experience the world, having to wait for months is the problem.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    How I would do it:
    remove the rep grind, keep it loremaster and exploration only (part 2 is timegated by patch anyway so no need to gate it further by rep)
    part 1 would unlock whistle for alts while leveling
    part 2 would unlock flying, as it does now
    ^This completely, though. Maybe even remove the part 2 because waiting months is bs.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    If you mean 3 calendar weeks, unless you play at least 3 hours a day there’s no way you can unlock flying in that short time.

But again, time is important up to a certain point, problem is that farming rep is not fun and should be replaced with something else.

Or leave the rep gates but put them ALL behind mega-chains Suramar style and not emissaries of world quests.
    I mean 3 actual weeks of playing roughly a hour each day. That's just grinding the reps themselves. Did it literally on a second account right as 8.2 launched. The main thing to note is you get to roughly honored alone just doing story line quests in each zone. I think each were at about ~4-6k rep each so that was 13-16k out of the 21k rep knocked out alone. Even better if you plot it with DMF bonuses and then go at it. That's the base rep / story which honestly you have roughly 6 months to do before part 2 even thinks about coming out.

So that leaves the new reps which is basically just completing all the WQ's in each which still takes about a hour maybe two tops if you are slow at solo'ing. The WQ's go by drastically faster if you group with friends or something and you can cut the time down a lot. If you come into the patch late then you have the option of getting the contracts too.

Let the leveling to max be grind enough, and have it wait at the end like a carrot. Make it cost 2.000.000 G if you please, I'd much rather pay that than doing Pathfinder.

Muuuuuch much much rather.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UhmHi View Post
    Let the leveling to max be grind enough, and have it wait at the end like a carrot. Make it cost 2.000.000 G if you please, I'd much rather pay that than doing Pathfinder.

Muuuuuch much much rather.
    Okay - that's you
    Me is not a big gold farmer, when I had 500k gold I bought the golden robot from army of the light.
    Now I am back to 100k

On the other hand I had no problems to get legion and bfa pathfinders with the current system.
    I think the rep grind could be reduced a bit, other than that it's a good system.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

I'd rather that flying be changed so that it's fun.

As it is right now, it's nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    If you want to spend enough time there to need flying, you should put in the same amount of work I did.

There is simply no excuse.
    So you admit that you hated it and want other people to hate it too?

pathfinder is fking bs, just embrace flying, create flying only zones, look at wotlk and tbc, what was the problem then? pathfinder didnt exist bk then...

Since flying mounts are going nowhere I think the current way is the best way to handle flying. Or maybe make flying available in old zones when a new expansion comes out. (I hope that sentence made sense)