Page 1 of 3
LastLast

He will learn...

... no king rules forever, only death is eternal.

Can we accept that Yogg Saron called this over a decade ago? If not, why not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Yogg-Saron is more or less aggrandizing himself there as the self-proclaimed "God of Death." Basically his statement can be read as "kings and rulers rise and fall, but I am eternal."
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Yogg-Saron is more or less aggrandizing himself there as the self-proclaimed "God of Death." Basically his statement can be read as "kings and rulers rise and fall, but I am eternal."
    And then he died.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And then he died.
    Before the king he was talking about no less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    And then he died.
    Generally the fate of all who declare themselves eternal in fiction.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Before the king he was talking about no less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Generally the fate of all who declare themselves eternal in fiction.
    And if we have this playing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-KwYX2u8e4
    It will be even more hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then he died.
    They are outside the Cycle.
    With Shadowlands spelled out before us, we now know what that means. Void Entities live in a state that is neither living nor dead, and removing their physical presence means very little. No part of them 'crosses over' into the Shadowlands. Death for them means dormancy and reduced influence for a time.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    And if we have this playing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-KwYX2u8e4
    It will be even more hilarious.
    You know, I'd always wondered where that theme came from since I keep hearing it in humorous and/or mocking videos of late. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    With Shadowlands spelled out before us, we now know what that means. Void Entities live in a state that is neither living nor dead, and removing their physical presence means very little. No part of them 'crosses over' into the Shadowlands. Death for them means dormancy and reduced influence for a time.
    Given ability of everyone to come back from dead, its pretty much very common ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given ability of everyone to come back from dead, its pretty much very common ability.
    Lets not mix up gameplay with lore, there's no end to the shenanigans then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets not mix up gameplay with lore, there's no end to the shenanigans then.
    But cenarius has exactly same ability. Die, go dormant, reincarnate. But unlike OGs he actually menaged to reincarnate.

Oh and turtle loa also reincarnated. So i guess its just OGs who really suck at that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    ... no king rules forever, only death is eternal.

Can we accept that Yogg Saron called this over a decade ago? If not, why not.
    Death isn't eternal though. Only the Light and Void are eternal as it is from their clash that the cosmos was created.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    But cenarius has exactly same ability. Die, go dormant, reincarnate. But unlike OGs he actually menaged to reincarnate.

Oh and turtle loa also reincarnated. So i guess its just OGs who really suck at that thing.
    Which is explained in how Ardenweald functions; those with a strong connection to the Natural World are infused with Anima to be reborn as themselves, as part of nature's cycle. And I imagine using the Emerlad Dream as an inbetween-station between death in Ardenweald and life on Azeroth makes it even simpler.

10+ Year Old Account
    People do realise that both Yogg-Saron and Bolvar are still well alive and kicking right?

Loa, titans, demons, void entities and presumably light and death entities have an ability to reincarnate.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    by now i don't doubt who said that was the jailor, and terenas spirit was just the jailor in disguise

Am I the only one thinking that this applies to beings of light as well? The Naaru are forever in the perpetual state of change, shifting from Light to Shadow and back - or has this been ret-conned ?

If this is the case, then Light and Shadow naturally stand apart from the Cycle. Whereas the demons usurped this standing by manipulating the twisting nether, granting them access to 'all realities and dimensions' and by extension a sort of pseudo-immortality. Just as the light wished to end the Legion, the Void would seek to destroy Sylvannas and the Lich King before her as they too have found a work-around to the Cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Loa, titans, demons, void entities and presumably light and death entities have an ability to reincarnate.
    Cenarius and the Wild Gods' ability to reincarnate is due to their spirit's being bound to the Emerald Dream though, is not it? It's similar to how the Demons are bound to the Twisting Nether. I imagine Loa's abide by a similar rule set and the Titans themselves are responsible for the creation of the Emerald Dream so it would be safe to surmize that they have some degree of intimate knowledge of how such spirit binding works.
    Last edited by A Blue Smurf; 2019-11-06 at 02:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Blue Smurf View Post
    Am I the only one thinking that this applies to beings of light as well? The Naaru are forever in the perpetual state of change, shifting from Light to Shadow and back - or has this been ret-conned ?

If this is the case, then Light and Shadow naturally stand apart from the Cycle. Whereas the demons usurped this standing by manipulating the twisting nether, granting them access to 'all realities and dimensions' and by extension a sort of pseudo-immortality. Just as the light wished to end the Legion, the Void would seek to destroy Sylvannas and the Lich King before her as they too have found a work-around to the Cycle.
    They have mentioned the cycle of Naaru as light dims over time before they "reignite".
    At first it was assumed Naaru becoming Void was part of their balance schtick, but it later was made clear that a Naaru falling to the Void was actually rare and terrible, and not something that happens under 'natural' circumstances.

Only if like... say, drained constantly by a group of powerhungry blood elves. Or stuck on a shattered world surrounded by Fel for millenia.

Ah, so in the sense they do shift towards Shadow naturally... but they never become it unless something drastic would befoul them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaappi View Post
    People do realise that Yogg-Saron are still well alive and kicking right?
    Okay, joking sides, how could people say this when Blizzard just stated less than a week ago that we killed Yogg and C'Thun and a few months ago that they are dead (not to mention many indications in and out of the game)? How are there people who still cling to the words of an Old Gods follower? Or are our memory that bad? Given that Blizzard clearly said they were dead, I'd say that they are in a rather dead state right now.

(That was a rhetoric question by the way, I already know the answer )
    Last edited by Qualia; 2019-11-06 at 02:11 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.