Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The grind for flying these days isn't my cup of tea. I don't like it. On the other hand, i'm also not too interested in flying, because its boooooooooooooooooring as fuck.

So i prefer the system from the past or a less grindy pathfinder system. But what i want more, is flying becoming more interesting. The World of Warcraft has a lot of flying, dangerous critters around. And the weather should also play a role. A combat system for flying mounts would be nice. Giving mounts a few abilities, based on what they are. Means a gryphon has other abilities compared to a pteranodon. A black dragon mount has different abilities than a red dragon mount. Just flying around while nothing happens or could happen to me is a concept i can't get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Okay - that's you
    Me is not a big gold farmer, when I had 500k gold I bought the golden robot from army of the light.
    Now I am back to 100k

On the other hand I had no problems to get legion and bfa pathfinders with the current system.
    I think the rep grind could be reduced a bit, other than that it's a good system.
    Aye that is indeed me, wouldn't speak for anyone else. Furthermore, the 2m mark was more a figure of speech to imply how little I love Pathfinder but if we're to get technical; If I had the choice to farm 2m gold somewhere out in the world for flying or farm flying strictly in Naz'jatar, then I would definitely go with the 2m gold option yas.

I am quite happy with the current system and I've never missed flying since pathfinder has been implemented. The gains in immersion, world PvP, and overall fun completely outweigh the benefits of flying for me. I find flying to be just a tool to skip or rush content and the only moment I feel like doing that is when I am leveling my 4th or 5th alt, which is usually when pathfinder becomes available.

If any change has to be made, I'd suggest the same thing that has been done above: make flying actually fun and useful, not just a boring content skipping tool.
    Last edited by Loeko; 2019-11-06 at 12:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never in my life felt like I needed flying in this game whatsoever. The only time was WotlK launch because the portal to Naxx was up in a floating nexus, but even then I would yell at a warlock buddy to summon me. It was to not be a burden on the locks that made me get flying initially lol.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The principle behind pathfinder is fine. The implementation has a few issues.

Firstly, the timegating is much too long. IMO 3 months is sufficient time to get the full groundbound experience and fulfil all the pathfinder requirements in a relaxed, non-rushed manner. I would even be fine with up to 6 months as a compromise. But a year is just ridiculous.

Secondly, the way they implemented pathfinder part II in BfA was poor. Pathfinder part I was fine. Because flying wasn't available there was no rush and we could do it our own pace. Achieving all the exalted reputations was simply a natural side effect of playing, not something that we needed to actively grind. But when they added part II, the gating mechanism was the Nazjatar/Mechagon rep grind. Which pushed a lot of players to rush through the story content and then grind the reputations hard. And while some people enjoy that rush-rush-rush style of play, others of us like to savour the experience a bit. In short, flying for Kul Tiras/Zandalar shouldn't have been attached to Pathfinder II. The whole point of Pathfinder is meant to be to get people to play the way they intend us play, so making it that Pathfinder II pushed us to play in a bad way was just very poorly thought out.

Regarding the rep requirements, they are fine. The game is designed so that you steadily accumulate rep as long as you're doing content (hence the whole Paragon Rep thing), so it's really not that onerous. The joke of the reputation complaints are that if you're not prepared to do enough WQ content to hit exalted with the faction, then what the hell do you need flying for? I'd even be fine if a reward from your first paragon chest was a token necessary for activating flight for that zone.

I'd prefer just to pay gold.
    I'll settle for it just being an achievement that's there at launch.
    I tolerate how it is now, but I definitely wish it wasn't that way. At very least, I wish part 2 came way sooner.

Overall, it doesn't matter THAT much to me. Flying isn't that important to me. It's convenient. But I also don't think it really ruins anything to have it or not to have it. Not having it does make me much less inclined toward leveling alts unless it's classes I really care about a lot, though. I do feel, though, that this is just a way to pad out play time, and they wrapped it up in a bow of lies about immersion and whatnot to make people think it's a good idea to do it this way.

I agree with the sentiment that the requirements are fine, it's just we're waiting a tad too long for it. I'd say X.1.5 or maybe even X.1 would be a better time for it, provided the rep and other requirements are fulfilled.

Fully exploring a zone and completing its main story quests should get you flying for that zone, pretty simple.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    pathfinder is fine. flying should be limited as much as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me they should make it more of a thing that is only unlocked at the last tier of expansion rather than middle way. Requirements are too fast to finish as well. tbh placing old good attunements system would be just a thing we need for the flying mounts in the expansion currently. It just feels stupid that when you hit exalted your character suddenly has some random vision "Oh i finally remember how to fly again". Rather than that give us the feeling that unlocking flying actually meant something for Good of Azeroth than just popping it after a repgrind.
    Last edited by Rantsi; 2019-11-06 at 01:50 PM.

Please remove the piece of shit restrictions on flying once max level is reached. Totally needless. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I just miss out on not being able to see all the artwork, terrain, and entirety of the cites that you can't see until flying is out.

I just think Blizzard misses out on making content where flying is required or you can't access it. But what do I know?
    Well we don't know anything besides when they are telling us why. It can even be orchestrated before a blizzcon or a interview. And maybe it's not.
    Everything they speak, for sure they are ready to speak of, before interviews or blizzcon. So ye, they will all give the same excuse if they are told to do it so.

In my opinion, it's because inside blizzard there's so much people with different opinions too.

Got to our knowledge that they love flying and tier sets, but Ion doesn't want flying and at BfA he said tier sets doesn't make sense at bfa.
    For me it makes always sense, if i have a class i want tier sets in all expansions regardless, and just because Ion is a PvP'er and he likes also the world how it was in vanilla he is then only thinking about his own taste in the game.

But what about the costumers? So then, they gave a pathfinder, so (in someone else's words) "people would be happy"
    That just sounds so wrong and bad, imo.

It's like, give that child a lollipop to stop complaining.
    That's not how it works, most of their costumers/subs/players, like having flying. I don't want a lollipop to be happy. I want more than a lollipop, i want a damn statue to buy. It's like i have a lollipop with Sylvanas figure, and i have a figurine with Sylvanas, i would prefer having something forever than just lick the lollipop!

Same goes for me wanting flying, feels like they will give me a figurine but it takes until Christmas(pathfinder part 2) so instead they just give me a bit of a lollipop, meanwhile, for over 1 year, to keep me shut (Pathfinder part 1)

If they treat their own game with more respect themselves, respect their game in the sense, that the game should have a balance in what the costumers/workers want to implement or take off from the game, it will be much more satisfying.

Right now, having pathfinder, and feeling it's an luxury, makes us not appreciate content after flying, but if flying was given before you had to stay grounded for so long, you would be used to it.

Because after the content being stagnated at 1 year, and you have been gifted with flying, not even flying will save your boredom from it. And it will give you the sensation that flying serves for nothing. When you needed flying was before, not after the content is used and over-used after a year.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-06 at 02:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am definitely most partial to opening flying up once hitting max level. But, I don't mind the Pathfinder implementation as a compromise. I would, however, like to see the pacing increase, though. I feel Pathfinder Part Two comes too late into the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    pathfinder is fking bs, just embrace flying, create flying only zones, look at wotlk and tbc, what was the problem then? pathfinder didnt exist bk then...
    Tbh even at TBC they made flying only for Outland, but it was the first time we had flying. Then WOTLK had it fully, cata, with grounded zones and other ones with flying and it was balanced, MoP you had flying as soon as you hit max level, only restricted zone was timess isle. WoD was supposed to not have ever flying, and after people asked for it, they gave it with all this restrictions, to not remove it entirely, for other expansions.

So yes, indeed i agree they should embrace flying, and stop with this madness. Give us more challenge to have it but not time gating it.
    Even in the real world, if you take a car license, you'll have the car license once you pass the tests, you don't have a time gated "car license".

And we are talking about a fantasy game even, where there's amazing stuff we can't do in real world, flying is one of them.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-06 at 02:48 PM.

They should increase WM bonuses a little bit more and just disable flying in WM.

Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    They should increase WM bonuses a little bit more and just disable flying in WM.
    They could do that if the problem is the world pvp. Make warmode ON be more than just a warmode for pvp, make it full pvp-battlefield.
    Warmode off with flying. And give pathfinder part 2 after 3-4months of exploring their zones and content. For me i wouldn't mind.

It would be giving me a choice, if i wanted to stay on the ground and full-pvp battlefield mode and disable flying once you click the button, or just be free from pvp and enjoy flying.

That would also stop putting players divided on opinions that don't want flying for reasons.
    The ones that don't want flying, people answer with "then stay on the ground", it's not the case, the case is that, others will still use it as their advantage. Even on world pvp and warmode on, even if that person decides to stay grounded when flying hits, others will not.

It would solve this problem indeed if flying was only available for warmode OFF.

I could also see them removing more servers and joining more servers together.
    Since warmodes and cross-servers have been a thing, and pve and pvp servers and even RP servers, have now warmodes, it makes no difference in which server you are on. So they should also reduce the amount of servers they have for this matter.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-06 at 03:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pathfinder is fine. It's an okay compromise.

But, I'd rather flying went away altogether. Maybe bump the rewards from quests and gathering nodes a little bit to compensate, but flying is shit for the game, as it works right now. It's only a small step away from clicking on the map where you want to go, and teleporting there right away. It makes the world flat as fuck.

We'd have this exact same conversation if the pathfinder was actually granting teleportation, as a reward. "You don't have to teleport, you can just use your flying mount instead". Give me a break.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I'm fine with requirements, but not with gating. All requirements should be possible to do since day 1 of expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    But, I'd rather flying went away altogether. Maybe bump the rewards from quests and gathering nodes a little bit to compensate, but flying is shit for the game, as it works right now. It's only a small step away from clicking on the map where you want to go, and teleporting there right away. It makes the world flat as fuck.
    You can have it. Don't use flying mounts and have your non-flat world all you want. But please keep away from everyone's else gameplay.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Hated Mechagnome Player View Post
    WotLK had the correct approach to flying, everything since is a mistake.
    every expansion since is a mistake...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    pathfinder is fine. flying should be limited as much as possible.
    i wish it was slow... ground mount 100% and flying 60% speed...

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post

You can have it. Don't use flying mounts and have your non-flat world all you want. But please keep away from everyone's else gameplay.
    See this is what i'm talking about when i said up there on a answer:
    That would also stop putting players divided on opinions that don't want flying for reasons.
    The ones that don't want flying, people answer with "then stay on the ground", it's not the case, the case is that, others will still use it as their advantage. Even on world pvp and warmode on, even if that person decides to stay grounded when flying hits, others will not.

It would solve this problem indeed if flying was only available for warmode OFF.