Thread: The San'layn

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The San'layn

What are the chances of them making some type of appearance in the game? *I haven't played it at blizzcon nor have i seen much about the game*

Thoughts?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good I'd say. Revendreth is full of vampires and Kael'thas is there.

they appeared in BFA as a potential allied race, alliance sabotage it and the horde didnt get them. I think the chances are extremely high that we see them next xpac, they are too popular to not bring back. 1 zone deals heavily with scourge themes and another is basically vampires.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Pretty good I'd say. Revendreth is full of vampires and Kael'thas is there.
    OOh..i didn't know that. Nice!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    they appeared in BFA as a potential allied race, alliance sabotage it and the horde didnt get them. I think the chances are extremely high that we see them next xpac, they are too popular to not bring back. 1 zone deals heavily with scourge themes and another is basically vampires.
    I would love to have them as a horde playable race. Hopefully we will see them fairly soon after 9.0!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's simply gotta be a connection between Revendreth and the San'layn, honestly. We'll have to wait and see.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You know, it makes sense if the different types of Necromancy are just tapping into different parts of the Shadowlands. So Draenei soulbinding and the Auchenai tradition could come from Bastion, the Scourge necromancy could come from Maldraxxus and the Bloodwake could have tapped into Revendreth to gain immortality.
    And perhaps the Drust would've been tapping into Ardenweald, seeing as how even their druidic forms are amalgams of bone and wood.

Not sure if we'll get to see them... It seems that the Venthyr are wow's "true" vampires now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Not sure if we'll get to see them... It seems that the Venthyr are wow's "true" vampires now.
    Venthyr are ugly af. Tiny body and big head. Faces are terrible, they're not interesting at all.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Pretty sure we'll learn that the San'layn are a result of Arthas being inspired by the Venthyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    And perhaps the Drust would've been tapping into Ardenweald, seeing as how even their druidic forms are amalgams of bone and wood.
    Funny how you should mention that: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ardenweald "Some parts of Ardenweald aren't faring as well as others and reflect the power wielded by the Drust of Kul Tiras, who are deeply connected to Ardenweald and death.[1]"

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Pretty sure we'll learn that the San'layn are a result of Arthas being inspired by the Venthyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny how you should mention that: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ardenweald "Some parts of Ardenweald aren't faring as well as others and reflect the power wielded by the Drust of Kul Tiras, who are deeply connected to Ardenweald and death.[1]"
    Oh well, wow. How bout that. I didnt know of that.
    Makes me wonder if we're gonna tread back into Thros, the Blighted Lands, at some point.

Makes me wonder if we're gonna tread back into Thros, the Blighted Lands, at some point.
    They referenced it by name when talking about Ardenweald during deep dive. It's part of it.
    Last edited by huth; 2019-11-06 at 01:49 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Not unlikely, since Gorak Tul is basically an angry tree-viking

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They referenced it by name when talking about Ardenweald during deep dive. It's part of it.
    Uuuu. I honestly hadn't caught that. Thats pretty neat.

If sent to the Shadowlands they probably wouldn't be San'layn any more, they'd just be as normal elves.

Uuuu. I honestly hadn't caught that. Thats pretty neat.
    They didn't mention Thros, just said the Drust are from there.

If we get like a Raid for each zone/Covenants with different themes, like the Vampire Castle Raid which is the first one at launch which is in Revendreath, perhaps Thros will end up as a Raid for Ardenweald.

We had Firelands for instance as raid, Thros, the Blighted Lands sounds pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    They didn't mention Thros, just said the Drust are from there.
    Yes, they did mean Thros. I can't remember them saying the Drust are from there, just that they have a connection to it through Thros.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yes, they did mean Thros. I can't remember them saying the Drust are from there, just that they have a connection to it through Thros.
    They did not mention Thros at all. They mentioned the Drust. You misremember.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    What are the chances of them making some type of appearance in the game? *I haven't played it at blizzcon nor have i seen much about the game*

Thoughts?
    Saw your thread...searched on google what is a San'layn...had to do an illustration of one
    Im not very good, but you can check it on the Fanart thread

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    Venthyr are ugly af. Tiny body and big head. Faces are terrible, they're not interesting at all.
    They arent even out yet you nerd...
    Models are wip 100% they all look the same.