Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I’m disappointed there isn’t the anniversary trivia npc this year but otherwise the event is alright. Good nostalgia for an evening
    He is in caverns of time, just past Anachronos if you go left from Chromie.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    He is in caverns of time, just past Anachronos if you go left from Chromie.
    Oh shit really? Thanks for the info! Guess I missed a day of farming badges for rep lol
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I was hoping the anniversary raid things were bugged that you would go from fight to fight and how short they are, kinda of disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess at least the guy who looted ashes of alar from the chest was happy....

Everyone else gets loot but me, can't complete the wotlk one because of a bugg and you don't actually get to experience whole fights (and I was sort of expecting a custom raid environment). Dissapointment.

I like it, I dont want to spend 2 hours to complete the same content over and over on my alts.

The raids a fun - but the chances of loot are incredibly small..

(Does anyone know if you can loot daily or weekly?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I was caught off guard when I first did the fights too. That said i think I would rather it this way than the clusterfuck that was Molten Core. I think this at least strikes somewhat of a balance that everyone can participate without worry they need to fill a full group but also still make it so it isn't a total zergfest.

Would I like it to be a bit different? Yeah. Am I also kinda relieved it is accessible? Absolutely lol.

Guys this is a event for nostalgia, like when you get along with a friend and say: "Hey remember when we did that thing?".
    The memories are meant for all players to experience not only the M+ or cutting edge raiders.

I laughed a lot when the people died on Defile or when they stand on fire in Rag fight.
    I guess it was a good experience for me.

Honestly the event was pretty fun. Had little bite sized portions of the bosses that hit purely the nostalgia factor which is what they were going for. The gear was exceptionally well for alts and for people coming back (420 I believe).

Honestly my one complaint with it was if you wipe on a fight getting back into it is a pain. People can talk to chromie to start different fights and leads to some confusion.

All in all I was in and out in about 30 minutes for all three wings with an upgrade and a sweet mount. Plus the item for EXP/REP bonus being a one time activation this already a big increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I wouldn't mind it that much if Alliance could fucking stop sucking in AV. All battles I've joined, my team is either already getting farmed in our base, or half the team is just running around in our mine in the north doing nothing, so it's impossible to get anything done as Alliance. Can't even manage to do the quest to kill Korrag a single time. Horde always gets there first, and they have much better players so it's just impossible unless you're lucky and get a godmode group.
    Sounds like a very successful recreation of old school AV if you ask me.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I’m disappointed there isn’t the anniversary trivia npc this year but otherwise the event is alright. Good nostalgia for an evening
    An evening? Short evening that is as it took me a mere 15 minutes to complete the raids. Queuing included.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to fix the bugs ASAP (especially rag) but otherwise the fights are fine for what they are.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

I thought it was pretty damn good fun. No one seemed to think otherwise, or atleast not outloud in the group; everyone seemed happy with glimpses of good old fights. No way would I want full fights. To me it was handled pretty damn well. Just did em an hour ago, bugs seemed more or less fixed.

TLDR: Im happy with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    who the fuck at blizzard thought the av thing was a good idea.. what a useless event

the raid was so so, not too bad because it's quick but holy fuck that av grind

I actually liked it and LFR should be more like this in general. Get in and get out, not these boring as fuck long damage sponges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    who the fuck at blizzard thought the av thing was a good idea.. what a useless event

That's what AV was, days long grinds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    It's a common thing in the UK. I'm sorry but you should learn to live with the fact.
    no it's not no one has ever called an expansion that here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is bugged and I've filed a ticket as it says on the description to earn TW badges via participation and you get 10 at the end of the BG.
    I read you get 5 if you lose and 10 if you win. Along with all the other sources like turning in armor scraps. Personally I grinded to 54% yesterday with the quests and armor scraps. It's frustrating but its doable atm

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    What is the point of doing Heigan when it even ends before safety dance?
    What is the point of Vashj if you even do not need to throw spines?
    What is the point of Lich King when you even can stay in Remorsless Winter?

Why there can't be event that not all casual baddies are able to finish it?
    I seriously thought i will jump from playing Classic and do this event... but i is not even worth installing retail, lol.
    Because they were just little event fights, not the real thing? It would be a nightmare to do the fights with people who're clueless in a cyclical order, and tedious af if you fail one but can do the others. Nvm talents and balance being rather different from the fight when it was relevant.

It's not supposed to be the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post

Then you are doing it wrong. The funniest part is, to earn your mount, you do NOT engage in PvP. You tame wolves for Horde and Rams for Alliance, yielding 5 tokens each, instead of the miserable 1 or two you get for other quest.