Poll: How old is too old to date your 16 Year old Son or Daughter?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How old is too old for someone to date your 16 Year old Son or Daughter?

Hahaha crazy scene but I'll be honest, I'd feel the same way

How old is too old to date your 16 Year old Son or Daughter?

Personally if who they are dating isn't also in school and older than 17 it's not happening.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-11-06 at 05:55 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

implying you can prevent your son/daughter from dating who he/she wants to date ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    implying you can prevent your son/daughter from dating who he/she wants to date ...
    Underage damn right.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Underage damn right.
    i mean ... you can TRY, but how successful you are will vary depending on your child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dating your under aged daughter? Is that you Mr. Trump?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Uhhh....

... your title needs to be reworded.
    Badly.

/10chars
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I personally wouldn’t date my 16 year old daughter but If you feel like you are too old to date her you should follow your gut instinct on this one.

Take it easy Alabama.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Any age is too old to date your son or daughter. You should not date your son or daughter, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Phrasing...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from the obvious implications in the title, which has been pointed out to death already, I don't think you should interfere with your child's relationship as long as there aren't obvious red flags (like a 16 year old girl dating a 29 year old man for example).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

it's a vague question. What country do we live in? If it's the US what state?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So what's the age that it's an obvious red flag? Is it just your example or is someone 28 too old?
    I don't have a definitive line I can draw in the sand, but if there's a clear and obvious difference in maturity between the parties it becomes a red flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    16 is the age of consent in Canada. The only thing that I would object is if the teen is dating someone in a position of power over him/her.

So, your superior at work, *your* teacher, family, etc.

Of course, you've got to be cautious about emotional abuse too, as it's easier for older individuals to coerce someone into a relationship through emotional manipulation.

But all in all, it's about respect and equality first. So long that this is there and genuine, then it's up to the individuals.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Anyone who bans their kids from dating at all is id..., sorry, not a very smart person.
    1. Because they will do it anyway.
    2. Because you will stunt their social growth as human being leading to a myriad of potential problems.
    3. They are likely to dislike you or even hate you later. Congratulations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id say 18 is definitely a cutoff point. At that age a person experiences quite a few dramatic changes in their life. It's unfair to drag the younger partner in the relationship through all that.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    It is her freedom when she comes to that age but I'd not be in support on anything above 18.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Underage damn right.
    Most states have an age of consent of 16 and have Romeo & Juliet Clauses. In my state minors 14-17 can have sex and the AoC is 16, which I think is reasonable. So under current law, a 15 year could have sex with a 17 year old and a 17 year old coyld have sex with a 20 year old, but a 20 year old couldn't have consensual sex with a 15 year old.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2019-11-06 at 11:15 PM.

In here, 16 is age of consent, so parents really should bug off, unless there's some very obvious problems visible (30+ going for a teenager is icky, but not illegal per se).
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Thems fightin' words.

No one is going to be allowed to date my daughters when they turn 16.

They can date after they finish college.