Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sen Rand Paul, Russian Media Are Naming the Alleged Whistleblower

Which Senator from Kentucky hates American Democracy more:
    Mitch McConnell, The Gravedigger of American Democrac?
    Or Rand Paul?

The point is to have a chilling effect on others who might expose more corruption. This type of doxxing is going to get someone hurt.

Thanks to Rand Paul, Russian Media Are Naming the Alleged Whistleblower
    Outing “the whistleblower” is the most egregious, but certainly not the only, example of Kremlin-funded media cheerleading the fight against impeachment. They love “their” Trump.

Standing beside an approving Donald Trump at a rally in Kentucky on Monday night, Republican Sen. Rand Paul demanded the media unmask the whistleblower whose report about the president’s alleged abuse of power dealing with Ukraine sparked impeachment proceedings.

American news organizations resisted the pressure, but—in a 2019 re-play of “Russia, if you’re listening”—Kremlin-controlled state media promptly jumped on it.

Very quickly after Sen. Paul tweeted out an article that speculated in considerable detail about the identity of the whistleblower—with a photograph, a name, and details about the purported political history of a CIA professional—Russian state media quickly followed suit.
    As if on cue, the Kremlin-controlled heavy hitters—TASS, RT, Rossiya-1—disseminated the same information. But unlike Rand Paul, one of the Russian state media outlets didn’t seem to find the source—Real Clear Investigations—to be particularly impressive, and claimed falsely that the material was published originally by The Washington Post.

This was the most egregious, but certainly not the only example of Kremlin-funded media cheerleading for Trump’s fight against impeachment as proceedings against him unfold with growing speed. As a chorus of talking heads on Fox News have picked up on Trump’s talking points, which is predictable—they’ve also been echoed across the pond, albeit with a tinge of irony.

“Have you lost your minds that you want to remove our Donald Ivanovych?” asked Vladimir Soloviev, the host of the television show Evening with Vladimir Soloviev.

“When they say that Trump is weakening the United States—yes, he is. And that’s why we love him.”
    — Karen Shakhnazarov, CEO of Mosfilm Studio and a prominent fixture on Russian state television

Sen McCain seems to had a prophetic moment back in 2017.
    "The Senator from Kentucky is now working for Vladimir Putin."
    Government Affiliated Snark

What is it with Kentucky putting Russian traitors as U.S. senators both McConnell and Paul 2 for 2 on Kentucky for Senators shilling against America.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    What is it with Kentucky putting Russian traitors as U.S. senators both McConnell and Paul 2 for 2 on Kentucky for Senators shilling against America.
    It's all about the money

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/15/busin...ill/index.html

Russia's Rusal was sanctioned by the US. Now it's investing $200 million in a Kentucky mill

Republican's may not be openly supporting Russians (well, not always...some of them do).

But Russians sure seem to love openly supporting Republicans.

Curious indeed.

Can we send Rand Paul to jail now?

It's weird watching GOP "patriots" working with Russian state television.

This is Rand Paul violating the law isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's weird watching GOP "patriots" working with Russian state television.
    If only your average Fox News Addict would turn on Russian state TV and watch them openly mock Trump and mock his party.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    This is Rand Paul violating the law isn't it?
    Probably not, because Rand Paul didn't reveal this himself. He just put it out there that someone should, in a sort of "won't someone rid me of this meddlesome priest?" sort of way, and the Russians obliged all on their own.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2019-11-06 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Republican's may not be openly supporting Russians (well, not always...some of them do).

Curious indeed.
    Remember, they hacked into the RNC and about the same time as they did the DNC, but never dumped that info to Wikileaks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rand Paul was always a fake libertarian. He used the rising popularity of """libertarianism""" between 2008 and 2015 to spring board his popularity among South Park Conservatives and Libertarians alike, then just turned into a regular old money grubbing partisan whore when the gold rush went somewhere else.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Curious indeed.
    They openly doing so when they are sitting on their hands saying nothing when all this shit goes down. I hope his neighbor has something to say to him when he gets home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Nothing curious about it. There is no conspiracy there, unless you really want to see it. Or do you also believe that every time US shows support for political party in another country (which US do all the time - they can't keep out of any country's business), that party is US puppet?
    Usually when the US gets involved to the degree Russia has with Trump, itusually to install what they believe is a puppet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing curious about it. There is no conspiracy there, unless you really want to see it. Or do you also believe that every time US shows support for political party in another country (which US do all the time - they can't keep out of any country's business), that party is US puppet?
    Yes. And the US should cease with heavy handed support of various regimes, just like Russia should stop.

For as much as the nationalist Republicans want the US to be an insular, isolated country that doesn't accept foreigners, they sure do love to accept the aid and money of other countries. They also seem to believe that money and aid from other countries is free and without agenda, and love accepting it as long as it helps further their politics. If the right continues to accept foreign aid, while I was once against it, I wouldn't mind some counter force from european countries pushing anti-right money and propaganda. Just let the US become an all out battleground for foreign powers to flex their influence.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

ya that is some mental gymnastics, when a foriegn country pushes both false information and potentially dangerous information, then rand paul (and republicans) regurgitates that same info, that is in fact a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    If the right continues to accept foreign aid, while I was once against it, I wouldn't mind some counter force from european countries pushing anti-right money and propaganda. Just let the US become an all out battleground for foreign powers to flex their influence.
    Nice try but we'd rather not throw any money into that shit show. It's simply not worth it as of now. Investing in an umbrella factory in sahara seems like a better deal.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Rand Paul: No law stops me from saying whistleblower's name

Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistl...Protection_Act

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistl..._United_States

Everything you need to know about Rand Paul comes down to this: there are and have been many Senators of the same state from different parties that have had far warmer and productive relationships than Rand Paul has with Mitch McConnell.

It's actually the great irony on McConnell's tenure as Republican leader in the Senate. He may be the most powerful party leader in the Senate in well over 100 years, but instead of a loyal wing man, McConnell has a perpetual nuisance he'd love to be rid of. When Paul runs for re-election and McConnell vice versa, they support each other only in the most tepid and dutiful of terms. In reality, they detest what each other stands for and is.

Rand Paul is not liked by anyone in his caucus, not respected by anyone in his caucus and basically plays the role of Mitch McConnell's conspiracy theorist shouting embarrassing neighbor. It's pretty hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post

I hope Rand Paul takes that step. I really do. I double dare that fucking coward, lol.

It'll just be the latest of crimes that these people _will_ be held accountable for.

The law bans retaliation against an employee for blowing the whistle on perceived wrongdoing. It requires the inspector general to keep the lid on the whistleblower's name, but it does not stop a member of Congress, a president or anyone else from identifying a whistleblower.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Everything you need to know about Rand Paul comes down to this: there are and have been many Senators of the same state from different parties that have had far warmer and productive relationships than Rand Paul has with Mitch McConnell.

It's actually the great irony on McConnell's tenure as Republican leader in the Senate. He may be the most powerful party leader in the Senate in well over 100 years, but instead of a loyal wing man, McConnell has a perpetual nuisance he'd love to be rid of. When Paul runs for re-election and McConnell vice versa, they support each other only in the most tepid and dutiful of terms. In reality, they detest what each other stands for and is.

Rand Paul is not liked by anyone in his caucus, not respected by anyone in his caucus and basically plays the role of Mitch McConnell's conspiracy theorist shouting embarrassing neighbor. It's pretty hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope Rand Paul takes that step. I really do. I double dare that fucking coward, lol.

It'll just be the latest of crimes that these people _will_ be held accountable for.
    Don't get me wrong. I really like your conviction, and i fully agree that these people need to be brought to justice because the lack of consequences the past decades has led to trump and will, if it continues, bring down democracy.

Buuuuuut... where do you get the conviction from that it WILL happen? I mean, i sincerely hope it does, but wouldn't it be as likely that Trump is convinced by Reps to leave the WH and gets a pardon from Pence Nixon-style and everything else gets swept under the rug. Somehow i feel this is more likely than politicans rocking the boat too hard.