Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I haven't actually done it yet, but hey, it's better than just the daily lore question. Plus, I have Lil' Nefarian AND Lil'Deathwing now!

If it wasn't for the bugs, the Cata version being the worst, it would be a breeze with auto 420 loot. I am not sure what their goal was here, but it is zero challenge even factoring in it is LFR and being the anniversary they want everybody to be able to do it. The could have just saved the time spent on this and given everybody the mounts that is how afk tastic this is.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Then you are doing it wrong. The funniest part is, to earn your mount, you do NOT engage in PvP. You tame wolves for Horde and Rams for Alliance, yielding 5 tokens each, instead of the miserable 1 or two you get for other quest.
    Who offers that quest? Searched all around yesterday and saw nothing about taming wolves

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why people are acting like AV was ever like this or that's fun.. Not doing PvP in a battleground for a PvP event is the stupidest thing.

But oh well, few badges a day and you'll have the mount in no time -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Not sure why people are acting like AV was ever like this or that's fun.. Not doing PvP in a battleground for a PvP event is the stupidest thing.

But oh well, few badges a day and you'll have the mount in no time -.-
    Blizzard picked AV because on the forums people often nostalgia trip over the old AV where you could play, go to sleep, school come back and find the exact same AV still going on.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Moan moan moan moan....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    why should the anniversary be any better then BfA itself? Blizz gave up on this addon and everything that comes with it a month into BfA
    Last 3 expansions have been total shit.
    They gave up on WoW since MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    What is the point of doing Heigan when it even ends before safety dance?
    What is the point of Vashj if you even do not need to throw spines?
    What is the point of Lich King when you even can stay in Remorsless Winter?

Why there can't be event that not all casual baddies are able to finish it?
    I seriously thought i will jump from playing Classic and do this event... but i is not even worth installing retail, lol.
    it's a LFR event ffs who did expect it to be difficult tbh?
    At first I was concerned with it because I tought it was a proper Timewalking so I had to go back and relearn some fights featured , but then they made it known it would have been LFR queued and i brushed it all away , it was obvious you could just afk through it.

BTW I don't think rag was bugged , they put the Illusion of difficulty with some wipe mechanics
    In vashj you can die when rooted in poison , LK popping defile is a wipe (probably at everyone's first try ) , and then Rag spawning orbs only on the first pull (all the other ones can be RNG avoided but you can wipe groups with purpose because of orb location )
    Last edited by valax; 2019-11-06 at 05:37 PM.

who the fuck at blizzard thought the av thing was a good idea.. what a useless event
    What are you smoking. AV is finally fun again
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

What did you expect? Some hardcore raid where you have to progress? It just a nod to the history of wow. Everyone should be able to finish it. The worst player in the game included

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Who offers that quest? Searched all around yesterday and saw nothing about taming wolves
    It is outside the town at [56.5, 81.8]. In the southeast is a wolf stable, with a troll nearby, and a guy, asking for Ram hides. The troll offers a quest to tame a wolf and bring it back to her, which is repeatable.

Edit: It's Alliance counterpart is located in the base at [40.6, 15.7]
    Last edited by josykay; 2019-11-06 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    What are you smoking. AV is finally fun again
    FUN?! nobody is doing any PvP.. I did 4 matches and my entire team was either in our mine doing fuck all or just running past eachother going to towers which you can do in regular av anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I wanted to rip my hair out with how shitty some people can be. If there's anything I've learned from this event, it's to never do LFR again, let alone play with bad players. So many of them were absolutely clueless and just flat out sucked. People are entitled to play the game however they please, but I never want to play with a bad player ever again. Bad players ruin the game. I wasn't toxic at any given point or hurled insults. I just kept to myself and my face turned into a tomato.
    Most of the people doing the event probably have been playing since MoP or even later. And if any of them had set foot in a previous exp raid it must have been to farm something. By that time we already could faceroll the places. So there's no point in saying they suck if they never had to learn those mechanics in the first place. And to be quite honest, there are 2-3 fights where poor performance could be an issue: Vashj - but only if people deliberately sit on the poison; Heigan - probably the most dangerous fight, few people can do the dance, my group ended the fight with 5 people alive; Ragnaros - not really difficult, the biggest issue being how fucking bugged the fight is, mechanic-wise the threats are the flame waves from Sulfuras and sitting on the fire.

FUN?! nobody is doing any PvP.. I did 4 matches and my entire team was either in our mine doing fuck all or just running past eachother going to towers which you can do in regular av anyway.
    They’re doing the quest in the mine and if they aren’t near the tower they don’t get credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I thought it was pretty neat. It's being made for anyone and everyone to accomplish, so I wasn't expecting anything very difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    They’re doing the quest in the mine and if they aren’t near the tower they don’t get credit.
    Yes.. I know why they're there and I know how the quests work. I'm saying it's NOT FUN TO DO.. atleast not now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Most of the people doing the event probably have been playing since MoP or even later. And if any of them had set foot in a previous exp raid it must have been to farm something. By that time we already could faceroll the places. So there's no point in saying they suck if they never had to learn those mechanics in the first place. And to be quite honest, there are 2-3 fights where poor performance could be an issue: Vashj - but only if people deliberately sit on the poison; Heigan - probably the most dangerous fight, few people can do the dance, my group ended the fight with 5 people alive; Ragnaros - not really difficult, the biggest issue being how fucking bugged the fight is, mechanic-wise the threats are the flame waves from Sulfuras and sitting on the fire.
    Yea Heigan was chaotic. Me and maybe 3 other people knew how to do the safety dance, while the rest of the raid bum-rushed him after he teleported to the platform. Luckily all you need to do to finish that encounter is to make it from one side to the other while atleast 1 person is alive. The other part that sucked was the LK encounter. There were ranged sitting right next to the ledge and they were snagged up by valks and dropped almost instantly. People were standing in defile to the point where it covered the whole platform. After the remorseless winter, people would run directly into the remaining spheres, only to blase everyone near them clear off the platform.

I think what made the whole event suck was the fact that you had to start from the beginning over and over and over, even if you wiped on the final boss. Common sense in raiding tells you not to stand in stuff, but people have been so conditioned by LFR that they think they can just ignore mechanics and get healed through it. It was just annoying trying to do these events and people were absolutely clueless. Another aspect that sucked was how many non-english players were in my raids. We tried conveying that the cataclysm event could bug out if you left the platforms prematurely on Nefarian, and time after time players from south american realms would jump off their platform and swim through the lava to an adjacent platform.

Raiding isn't fun when people are incompetent. Whether they are careless with mechanics, can't play their class or a mixture of both, it ruins the experience for everyone else. If you're not going to try and put your best foot forward, don't waste everyone else's time by carelessly under-performing. Just glad I never have to do it again.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

while atleast 1 person is alive
    I think that is a pretty good summary of the event.
    And that's all it really needed to be - got my mount and I'm done. It was fun.

Ye ye, we know. Everything from now on is underwhelming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Its an event to celebrate a decade and a half of the game, and having killed most of those bosses dozens/hundreds of times when they were relevant, I for one am grateful it was just a quick 'hey remember when you did this?' kind of thing.

But hey, people would complain no matter what. So don't let me stop you.
    Why would it be hard, to get something like this, it's my point. It's anniversary, you show you know boss mechanics and you finish it alive. Get some mounts on the process maybe on loot and the guaranteed deathwing mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to rip my hair out with how shitty some people can be. If there's anything I've learned from this event, it's to never do LFR again, let alone play with bad players. So many of them were absolutely clueless and just flat out sucked. People are entitled to play the game however they please, but I never want to play with a bad player ever again. Bad players ruin the game. I wasn't toxic at any given point or hurled insults. I just kept to myself and my face turned into a tomato.
    Dude I feel that. I jumped over from classic to do this for the hell of it and we wiped.. a lot. People refuse to listen. I explained nicely that for Anub you need to goto the ice when you’re chased. Do they listen? No instead they run around and take the spikes to the raid. Somehow we got through it and then Lich King was a real doozy. We had half the dps die because they didn’t move to the edges of the room when the phase changed.

But that didn’t come close to the Cata version. Chagall wiped us over and over because people just ignore mechanics. What’s this? I need to turn away from the raid? There’s adds to kill? Nah I better tunnel vision the boss! Oh we’re wiping? Best to focus the boss anyways.

Then on Rag we wiped due to a glitch where over half of us kept being re teleported as if we just zoned in over and over. Just bad times. Made me remember Siege of Org LFR and wiping fifteen times to Nazgrim because people couldn’t listen.

Edit: Don’t even get me started on being teamed up with players from Ragnaros and Quel’thalas servers. They’re another level of “special”.
    Last edited by Beet; 2019-11-06 at 07:24 PM.