Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yupp. Gonna dust of my old dwarf DK from Wrath snd make him a Vulpera.

I have always been a ranged-guy, but after finding a nice guild and mythics was introduced I have really started to enjoy tanking and melee.
    The only DPS-caster I like theese days are shaman, but I dont like resto/ench

Planned on going DK for BfA; but when one of the main selling-points of BfA (Allied races) couldnt even be DKs it just felt like a waste.
    So screw my warrior, im going DK

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    A bit harsh. If I recall, he did nothing because he wanted to be forgotten. He was to be their jailer. Not their king. He did not seek power, Where as Sylvanas went out of her way to do so.

So while it was right he did nothing, it was because that was his intention. To keep them in Northend.

As for Sylvanas, seems like WoW has taken a page from StarCraft 2 with Kerrigan, creating some all new powerful being. I personally do not like this style of story.
    I don't care about his reasoning. We're talking about power levels. Everyone wants to be mad because "Oh em gee! Lich King stronk!". But really....that's not exactly true. Most of Arthas' power was from Frostmourne and the near constant collection of power and souls over the years. Bolvar, on the other hand, just sat there and kept the scourge in check. It wasn't until Legion and the order hall campaign that he started to gather power through his minions.

Sorry LK-fanbois. Your boy Bolvar is a chump.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    It wasnt him. It was Frostmourne. Even that spell is called fury of frostmourne. Bolvar do not have Frostmourne. And as i am aware i one shoted lich king evey week since like Cata. Sylvanas is way above him in terms of powercreep.
    Not really it's still the wielder who makes use of a weapon, it was part of the character. And are you serious about your point with one shotting the Lich king? Because you actually don't 1 shot him he still kills you and you need to wait for the Ashbringer to save your behind. Second us soloing old content doesn't mean anything in terms of WoW lore and power of those characters we kill. I hope you do know that..

Also we don't really know if Sylvanas is stronger than Arthas as the Lich King, so no she isn't way above him because we simply don't know. Lich King Bolvar isn't the same as Lich King Arthas in terms of power at all. Like you mentioned Arthas wielded Frostmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Reallyblizz View Post
    Well the LK just got pwned by EMO queen so why would you?
    This was to be 100% expected with her newly given powers by Death.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    I am actually planning on going back to melee for the first time since WotLK. Torn between DK and Pally though. Love the fantasy and aesthetic of both so much.

I bet defeating Sylvanas as a DK would feel quite satisfying.
    if i ram my light influenced 2h sword right into sylvis left tit while yelling something about holy retribution, i am totally satisfied too.

Quote Originally Posted by Reydan View Post
    And you are forgetting the part where Arthas toys with "us" (the raid) and later one shots the raid and actually kills us all? Arthas himself is more powerful than you are making him out to be tho.
    Not really - I mean.... a LOT of bosses have stun locked us in place leaving us at their mercy until plot mechanic kicks in. Elites out in the world do it from time to time.

I'm just saying - in the cinematic he's portrayed as powerful but not a god by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post

He wasn't. He didn't have Frostmourne. That was the key to Arthas' power. Every soul it sucked made him stronger, and he could raise creatures like Sindragosa.
    Also it was dope that he could, you know, fight at all, I just figured that he was more or less bound to the throne due to no strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    Just feels right..
    Nope. Reinstating my Paladin.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Awsyme View Post
    Not really - I mean.... a LOT of bosses have stun locked us in place leaving us at their mercy until plot mechanic kicks in. Elites out in the world do it from time to time.

I'm just saying - in the cinematic he's portrayed as powerful but not a god by any means.
    Stunlocking isn't the same as actually killing us which in fact Arthas did, which is also canon btw.

We only killed Arthas thanks to a final blessing from the light which was granted to Tirion while wielding the Ashbringer, which resulted in Frostmourne being shattered and releasing all the souls it stored. King Terenas as a freed soul ressed "us" and "we" alongside Tirion and all the freed souls from Frostmourne defeated Arthas.
    Last edited by Reydan; 2019-11-11 at 12:53 PM.

No. I never liked the WoW version of this genre of class. It just can't decide what it wants to be, it's too much everything yet too little of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Reydan View Post
    Stunlocking isn't the same as actually killing us which in fact Arthas did, which is also canon btw.

We only killed Arthas thanks to a final blessing from the light which was granted to Tirion while wielding the Ashbringer, which resulted in Frostmourne being shattered and releasing all the souls it stored. King Terenas as a freed soul ressed "us" and "we" alongside Tirion and all the freed souls from Frostmourne defeated Arthas.
    There's a bunch of things that could obliterate the players. The Lich King WAS powerful - but so was Deathwing or Kiljaeden or whoever. Is anyone really saying he's more powerful than, say, Argus? Or any of the titans?

As long as Frost is held back by BoS and Unholy has 3 resources - i'll never play DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Awsyme View Post
    There's a bunch of things that could obliterate the players. The Lich King WAS powerful - but so was Deathwing or Kiljaeden or whoever. Is anyone really saying he's more powerful than, say, Argus? Or any of the titans?
    I don't know we where not discussing who is more powerful than who. But alot of people seem to have forgotten how powerful Arthas actually was.

I'll try one out, but I don't see myself playing one permanently. I'm too invested in my Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    As long as Frost is held back by BoS and Unholy has 3 resources - i'll never play DK.
    Held back? BoS is awesome

Trying to decide what race I should make my DK. I like the idea of big hulking male Draenei or a troll to wear some of the skull themed troll gear...

Any other suggestions for fun/fitting DK races?

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercream View Post
    No. I never liked the WoW version of this genre of class. It just can't decide what it wants to be, it's too much everything yet too little of anything.
    I agree with this. Frost Death Knight doesnt feel very much like a death knight at all - maybe an ice spellblade.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    well LK got pwned by some EMO QUEEN.... beaten by a girl... A huge disgrace to deathknight classes. Why should we? :^)
    Didn't hear anyone complain when the REAL Lich King lost to a geriatric paladin.

Yeah I'll keep maining my DK, I've been doing that since WOTLK.

Nah, I only like Frost and it's been boring lately. Too much resource management and too few moments of greatness to show for it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Not likely. I mean I have one but they’ll just wait around until I level them.
    #TeamNecromancer #TeamDragonIsles