Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    this is buzzwordschampion.com we call everyone with a different opinion exotic words like: salty,toxic, & vocal minority.
    Best description of these forums, to be honest.

Pretty lukewarm to the whole thing. Glad to see some classes getting some abilities back, but the whole shadowlands thing feels a bit out of place. We shall see what happens I suppose.

I'm sure I'll play for the first month or 3, exploring new stuff is always a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    this is buzzwordschampion.com we call everyone with a different opinion exotic words like: salty,toxic, & vocal minority.
    This forum gives me a brain fog, that passes next day and comes back in the same day, again.
    I think wow just is my supernormal stimuli and me coming here because of it, just takes away a bit of my intelligence each day. I don't know why i keep coming here lol

It is much worse than that. People don't care, because it looks completely bland. Blizzard really need to worry about what they do next. I never seen forums this "meh" that soon after expac announcement. Love/Hate is good for sales/subs. Indifference is really bad.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...ok? what is not obvious?
    so you want be to specifically thank blizzard for classic instead of using a common colloquialism?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I haven't seen anything particularly wrong with the expansion itself other than Sylvanas. :P I suppose it is disappointing there's no new class, but you know more Allied races are coming and I'm excited to see the new character creation options. It also seems like it might be more alt/solo friendly, but I'm not holding my breath because Blizzard's idea of that is usually much different than actual altoholics/soloers. I'm just hoping the story (other than Sylvanas -_-) is good and heavily features the Ebon Blade, that'll make me happy.
    The game only gets more alt friendly every expansion. I thought legion and bfa were very alt friendly. I leveled at least one of every class in legion with no problem, and enjoyed the different class stories for each. Not sure what your definition of alt friendly is though (some people seem to just want everything their main has automatically transferred to an alt).

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The faction war storyline, taking the general direction of:
    -faction war
    -warchief is super aggressive in claiming new territory and destroying the Alliance
    -said warchief using the power of old gods to those means
    -warchief is evicted from their position at Orgrimmar by combined Alliance and Horde Rebel forces only to escape and kick off the plot of the next expansion

It's pretty high overlap, which is why I compare it with Suramar and the blood elves a lot (elves dependent on a magical celestial themed well that their leader betrayed them to the Burning Legion) and Blizzard joked about it with the "propaganda posters" in Orgrimmar that have Garrosh's face on them.
    Ah, ok, that makes sense. I was actually comparing the expansions based on content/theme, etc. Yes, they do share similarities plot-wise, but the faction war on Pandaria was way watered down to what we are having in BfA imo. Also, Garrosh was Hitler while Sylvanas is working for a hidden master, similar, but there are nuances.

Do you know why WoW is going to the Shadowlands? Cuz the devs killed it.

Haaaaaaaaa

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Every expansion is good. Everything in WoW only keeps on getting better. If you say anything else you're salty, toxic, entitled, mentally ill, hate Blizzard etc.
    Sadly the little sheep want it that way...

Quote Originally Posted by n0thingm4tters View Post
    I've seen quite a few posts from people who claim they could make a better expansion or know exactly what people want; and that the devs are clueless, yada yada.

Is this the vocal minority or not?

I've certainly disagreed with some changes from Ion in the past but I'll admit, I for one am very excited with the majority of features from SL and think it could be one of the best xpacs.
    The minority who are unsatisfied will always be the ones to voice their opinion; and hatred speaks the loudest.

It's safe to say that the majority of folks are optimistic about the expansion. I for one am super happy that they are taking this next expac as a way to double down on the game's core features and fix issues, such as classes.

Can. Not. WAIT! For Shadowlands!

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    why u didn't make it a poll to find out -.- ? how can u tell exactly without ppl voting? mind reading?
    this. i literally HATE threads like this since a good while. its stupid.

not 3mins ago the same shit type thread on another topic. if you are clueless about what ppl think yes/no wise to some topic, just make a fukin poll!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    LOL i'm laughing so hard at this. Also, I'm rewatching the reactions of the public on the cinematic, and there was this scream that seemed like a real life audio of a banshee x'D which makes me laugh even more and people saying "no no nonoooo" when the helm is broken xD

- - - Updated - - -

Wait: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AahBRmhxJAg

This one lol at 4:25
    That was great, thanks for linking! lol
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

MMO champion saltyness can be brought in the following flavors

I Hate X so EVERYONE HATES X....Wait you like X HOW DARE YOU DISTASTEFUL SWINE

I LOVE X so EVERYONE LOVES X..Wait you hate X HOW DARE YOU DISTASTEFUL SWINE

*insert actually trolling guy who abuses the above just to see them tear eachother apart*

Everyone on my server hates this thing (Everyone on the server=The people on his friends list/guild...thus must be everyone)

Blizzard did a bad thing 5 years ago and I am still angry about it and I will bitch about it until Blizzard gets the memo and goes completely bankrupt! I WILL NOT BE SATED UNTIL IONS HEAD IS ON A STICK! (Still buys the $80 heroic edition)

Guy's calm down its not as bad as people thing STOP BEING MAD EVERYONE!! NOW I'M MAD AT EVERYONE BEING MAD!

How dare Blizzard ban me for <insert bullshit reason but really he actually did something bad>.

etc..etc...etc

I'm excited as far as how it looks, and am eager to see more of what they'll do for class changes. Unfortunately I just can't stand certain systems that they've implemented and just stuck to over time. I can't stomach logging in anymore to see AP, world quests, or table missions. The art team knocked it out of the park though as far as what I've seen, and the cinematic was a lot of fun to watch.

Very salty, it’s on track to be the worst expansion created.
    4 new zones and one shadowmoon valley rip off zone( ardenweald).
    No new race or allied race
    No new class.
    How can they make so much money and shrink in the content and polish they provide? Did they spend it all on the 10 minute sylvanas cinematic?

Not salty at all, looking forward to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    People on MMO-C are ALWAYS salty not matter what.

Change my mind.
    this. at mmo champion the sky is in a perpetual state of falling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I can only second this. The quiet majority is around unsalted to salty, the loud minority is nearly always Kripparrian. Would love to see the poll ^^
    its mostly the same ppl whining endlessly. e.g in the lore forums everytime i open a thread there is a circle jerk between three or two people going on and on and on about their 2000iq and blizzard not knowing what they are doing.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    In general, you're more likely to hear negative opinions here or in any forum simply because people who are not unhappy tend to post less about the game, so it can be hard to judge whether it is a minority or not. There is also a certain level of incredulity from some posters in regards to positivity, i.e., "You think x feature is good? You're crazy/wrong/stupid/what's wrong with the community", and that sort of criticism can make some people apathetic about being more positive, or feel peer pressure to go along with the consensus.

To offer a good counter comparison, I was at Blizzcon for the first time this year and based on the people I spoke to and listened to, it was about a 4:1 ratio of folks who were positive about the announcement, which is not surprising. Most of the criticism seemed to regard the lack of a new class but it was not angry "I'm unsubbing" type negativity.
    This was my first Blizzcon as well and the attitude there vs MMO-Champion is such a bizarre contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    this. at mmo champion the sky is in a perpetual state of falling.

- - - Updated - - -

its mostly the same ppl whining endlessly. e.g in the lore forums everytime i open a thread there is a circle jerk between three or two people going on and on and on about their 2000iq and blizzard not knowing what they are doing.
    Blizzard is highly incompetent. Telling people they don’t want classic and classic has millions of players now. Not realizing people like different things and trying to merge classic into retail.
    So many screw ups by blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by n0thingm4tters View Post
    I've seen quite a few posts from people who claim they could make a better expansion or know exactly what people want; and that the devs are clueless, yada yada.

Is this the vocal minority or not?

I've certainly disagreed with some changes from Ion in the past but I'll admit, I for one am very excited with the majority of features from SL and think it could be one of the best xpacs.
    Just think about it. BFA's story was leading to many great things:
    1) Removal of factions. Remember? Official Horde and official Alliance have peace treaty now. What stops them from doing content together?
    2) New Tinker class. We have Mechagon and Mechagnomes now. Perfect time to implement Tinker.
    3) Non-linear quests with moral choices. Are you good? Or bad? Make your choice!
    4) Etc.
    But Blizzard have shown their real face with SL announce. That's, what all adequate people have been telling you since prepatch and even Beta. BFA's story is just filler trash. It doesn't mean anything. It's thrown into trash now. As next xpack won't have any improvements. Just another generic xpack with another generic rep grinds, dungeons and raids.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.