Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Sylvanas Windrunner and Nathanos Windrunner
    Seems pretty obvious to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank God, the Forsaken may have a miniscule chance afterall. I'll belive it when I see it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    That could be an option too, but i'm personally not really a fan of Undead in the Alliance, especially in the Eastern Alliance, with all the history these races have with the Scourge. But of course Undead don't fit the Night Elves either. They don't really fit the Horde as well except for a military alliance of convenience.

I liked the old Kingdom of Lordaeron and the Brotherhood of Light and the Silver Hand got enough attention to build a living Lordaeron faction/people around them, especially with a figure head like Calia or another influential, powerful noble of Lordaeron. And we also know that a large part of the population of Stormwind consists of refugees from Lordaeron. So there shouldn't be as little living Lordaeronians left as some people seem to believe. And i just would like to see a partial rework of the Eastern Plaguelands where such a faction is active, with Stratholme as their capital and Tyrs Hand as a major outpost. Of course it would be easier to do this if Blizzard would enlarge the world itself, so that region are way bigger than they are now, like in Classic Alpha, so the developers have more room to put stuff there. They already said that reworking existing content is very ressource and time consuming compared to creating new content from scratch. But of course the chances for all of this to happen are very low, even though such a Lordaeron faction could still come up in the future if Blizzard would start to build up new proper characters for a change, instead of reusing old ones again and again.

This whole Light Undead idea with Calia is in my mind so bad, that i don't even want to think about it much. Its mindboggling to me how they could come up with such crap. Even Void Elves look like a superb idea compared to Light Undead. But i guess the best chance the Forsaken have is if Calia goes to the Alliance, unless the current writers get kicked out, new ones come in and they find some way to change the character into someone decent and interesting.
    I disagree, i think the concept of light undead is awesome, and i think calia has a lot of potential if done right. I dont have much faith though that she will be used well.
    I think with her resurrection as a unique undead the logical step is to have her lead a new undead group, and having them be former fanatics would make her role challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Nope, they already said that a new class can emerge out of shadowland.

Still possible.
    Did they actually? That's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by allawyn View Post
    The Horde is almost out of characters, but to fix it with Alliance characters, instead of developing and not killing Horde characters, would be hardly be seen as a step forward.
    This. I don't mind if Calia is used as a character in the story, but honestly, my Forsaken would freak out the first time she sees Calia in her new form (after meeting her in the Order Hall in Legion before) - and is actually able to act freely (war campaign cinematics are horrible in this regard), and would probably be right on her throat. All these years she was hidden somewhere safe while her people have been slaughtered, raised and abused, hunted down by their own families, and now she wants to have a say in these matters? Hell no!

7+ Year Old Account
    so the forsaken are more free ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Did they actually? That's pretty cool.
    Yea, I still believe its possible to even get one before the new expansion. It would be such a cool stunt imo.

No, the upcoming leader of the Forsaken will of course be Alliance :P

I don't even..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sandor View Post
    Hail Marry prediction:

Find Arthas in the Maw. He stops Sylvannas or plays a integral role. Redemption arc.
    He comes back and leads the Forsaken, his fallen people of Lordaeron how he should have done it the first time.

Wont happen probably, but who the hell else will lead.
    I love this so much. Just imagine Arthas shouting: “For the Horde!”
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Soo who is Voss talking about then if not Calia?
    Overlord Gey'arah: The Mag'har have never known life without a warchief. It will be hard for them--and for me. But it seems your people have lost a queen as well.
    Lilian Voss: The Forsaken are torn by turmoil and doubt. Many still love Sylvanas, even after all she has done. Others believe their home remains in the Horde.
    Overlord Geya'rah: And you? Where do your loyalties lie?
    Lilian Voss: Where they always have--with the Forsaken. To be raised into undeath is to be forever haunted by the ghosts of your past. A caring hand can offer comfort through the pain.
    Overlord Geya'rah: I see no crown upon your head. Are you the new queen they seek?
    Lilian Voss: No. I'll speak on my people's behalf, but I won't rule them. There is another I believe will prove better suited to that task... when the time is right.
    Overlord Geya'rah: The love you hold for your people burns as bright as my own for the Mag'har. I wish you good fortune, Lilian Voss.
    Later when Calia then meetup with Voss and the night elfs...

Calia Menethil says: Night elf sentinels? Why are you... By the Light!
    Lilian Voss says: Many fell at Teldrassil. Some were raised into rage and darkness, turned against their own people. They, too, have been abandoned.
    Delaryn Summermoon says: Death is… cold. Even for those who burn.
    Derek Proudmoore says: Calia, I know the pain they suffer. The hopelessness. You must do something for them.
    Calia Menethil says: We will, Derek. Together.
    So I guess the entire scene with Voss and Calia has a purpose, if you just kill Calia or she just get out of this with no change, the entire thing would be pointless. Also she clearly says that she wants to help them together with Derek

So basically two things could happen:
    1. Calia is the replacement for Sylvanas and the interview is wrong
    2. Calia just takes care of some of the undead... probably the undead sentinels, they were introduced to her in this scene after all

What I think is strange... what will the story of these undead night elf be? Will they just be another AR? But they said there is no immediate plans for new ones. Also when will this story conclude.. 8.3.5? Or at some point in the shadowlands?

Also how does she plans to help them... just talking with them.. give them hope back? Or will she try to make them lightforge? Which would be strange... lightforged undead nightelfs... idk that sounds really wrong.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2019-11-07 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sandor View Post
    Hail Marry prediction:

Find Arthas in the Maw. He stops Sylvannas or plays a integral role. Redemption arc.
    He comes back and leads the Forsaken, his fallen people of Lordaeron how he should have done it the first time.

Wont happen probably, but who the hell else will lead.
    As a forsaken main, Arthas can and should continue to burn in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    As a forsaken main, Arthas can and should continue to burn in hell.
    God so much this. Arthas leading the Forsaken is the only thing more offensive than Calia doing it. Which I’m pretty sure is the only reason anyone would suggest it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just sayin, out of the 4 special edition skins for heroes used in WC3 Reforged, the only one who has not canonically appeared yet is "Fallen King Arthas".

Farseer Thrall, Nightmare Cenarius and Daughter of the Sea Jaina have all appeared in WoW, Fallen King Arthas may just be an inadvertent spoiler.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Just sayin, out of the 4 special edition skins for heroes used in WC3 Reforged, the only one who has not canonically appeared yet is "Fallen King Arthas".

Farseer Thrall, Nightmare Cenarius and Daughter of the Sea Jaina have all appeared in WoW, Fallen King Arthas may just be an inadvertent spoiler.
    Just a skin which didn't make it to the beta and reforged will come out before Shadowland anyway.
    I doubt Arthas is going to be the Guldan of shadowlands and somehow escape.
    That's say it's an intriguing skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Soo who is Voss talking about then if not Calia?
    Voss clearly wants and is planning to put Calia in the seat. It clearly won't work out the way she plans.

The way Blizzard progresses side stories we may just have to stew in the speculation of 'how is it all going to go wrong?' for a while.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Just a skin which didn't make it to the beta and reforged will come out before Shadowland anyway.
    I doubt Arthas is going to be the Guldan of shadowlands and somehow escape.
    That's say it's an intriguing skin.
    To be fair, the undead race as a whole only recently got added to the beta. Fallen King Arthas was the skin for that race.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post

We're def at least seeing him in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I disagree, i think the concept of light undead is awesome, and i think calia has a lot of potential if done right. I dont have much faith though that she will be used well.
    I think with her resurrection as a unique undead the logical step is to have her lead a new undead group, and having them be former fanatics would make her role challenging.
    I mean, thats the important part isn't it? That Calia as a character is used well. But so far, nothing looks like that will be the case. She is like a female undead Anduin, another creation of Christie Golden, because she doesn't like War and mean characters. And the intentions behind this characters introduction are probably very different to the stuff you or i or many overs on this forum might like.

In regards to the Scarlets, to me, they always were interesting because they were fanatical humans, living beings, who went over the top against all Undead and even killed over human beings, tortured them with the Light, if they suspected a hint, even a totally imaginary one, of Undeath or a connection to the Cult of the Damned. But i never thought they were that interesting when they were turned into Undead by Balnazar. I mean, are they supposed to be fanatical against themselves? That wouldn't make much sense. Aside from that, Calia Menethil has nothing in common with the Scarlet Crusade, i'd even say Blizzard could come up with those scarlet undeads, but Calia cures them from their fanatism, counsels them, turns them into non-toxic beings and those scarlet undead WILL like it. And of course it works, because even if Calia can't and doesn't have any clue about how it is to exist as an undead, the writer behind here doesn't care about logic or believability and the plot demands it!

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    I mean, thats the important part isn't it? That Calia as a character is used well. But so far, nothing looks like that will be the case. She is like a female undead Anduin, another creation of Christie Golden, because she doesn't like War and mean characters. And the intentions behind this characters introduction are probably very different to the stuff you or i or many overs on this forum might like.

In regards to the Scarlets, to me, they always were interesting because they were fanatical humans, living beings, who went over the top against all Undead and even killed over human beings, tortured them with the Light, if they suspected a hint, even a totally imaginary one, of Undeath or a connection to the Cult of the Damned. But i never thought they were that interesting when they were turned into Undead by Balnazar. I mean, are they supposed to be fanatical against themselves? That wouldn't make much sense. Aside from that, Calia Menethil has nothing in common with the Scarlet Crusade, i'd even say Blizzard could come up with those scarlet undeads, but Calia cures them from their fanatism, counsels them, turns them into non-toxic beings and those scarlet undead WILL like it. And of course it works, because even if Calia can't and doesn't have any clue about how it is to exist as an undead, the writer behind here doesn't care about logic or believability and the plot demands it!
    I think the issues this brings up would be great to explore, there is so much dissonance within it all that would create a great narrative.
    Scarlets saw the scourge as evil, but would likely think undead brought to life by the light as a blessing, making them somewhat hypocritical or biased, which would be a fun narrative. the light undead would likely be aesthetically more like calia, so i would expect them to be less horrific and more elegant, which would make the appearance play a big role.
    Balnazzars undead came off as more or less mind controlled since they didnt realize they were undead (i dont actually remember a lot of that), while i expect the resurrected scarlets to be fully aware of what they are and what they are doing.
    The scarlets were blessed by the light regardless of where their path led, it would be interesting to see why the light never abandoned them, even though it seemed as though they were in service to the scourge via balnazzar. an interesting take could be that the lights goals were aligned with the legions at that time and allowed balnazzar to think he was leading them all while keeping the lights hands clean (the light needs better reps than just naaru, we need a character to reference instead of just the force)
    Calia being a do-gooder leading a faction of nutcase fanatics would actually be awesome. the fact is that the light itself has deemed them worthy and calia now has to come to terms that the light is not all-benevolent as she once thought. Have both sides influence eachother, have the scarlets make her appreciate the fanatic pragmatism of the inquisition while calia can teach them more compassion. the conflict between the groups and infighting would make an interesting story.