Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Multiboxers oneshotting you with the push of one button..
    Never happened to me, I find them very easy to kill, once you find who leads it's free kill(s).
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Multiboxing is surprisingly technical. Don’t knock it till ya tried it. If ya kill the leader, they are as good as dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Multiboxing should be punished by 3/6/perma bans.

Unless they can prove they physicall use 1 keyboard, 1 mouse, 1 monitor for each and every char without any form of automation.
    It’s not automation. It’s a input, from the user, being sent to each window. 1input = 1 action just being sent to other windows.

Botting is where you sent one input to run a string of commands. 1input = multiple actions, movement, etc. multiboxing doesn’t do any of this.

The software used is not classified as
    Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:

cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;
    bots; i.e. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that allows the automated control of a Game, or any other feature of the Platform, e.g. the automated control of a character in a Game;
    hacks; i.e. accessing or modifying the software of the Platform in any manner not expressly authorized by Blizzard; and/or
    any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;
    Last edited by Usernameforforums; 2019-11-06 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Multiboxing is surprisingly technical. Don’t knock it till ya tried it. It ya kill the leader, they are as good as dead.
    You can switch who the leader is. Tons of people don't know what you can and can't do with multi-boxing. Just a ton of time to set things up. 5 men are possible. Ran a Pally tank, ele shaman, two mages, and a disc priest a couple months. Was expensive though.

Man, you'd swear MB was this epidemic, it's really not. Which makes it kind of funny when people say "blizzard allows it because it's extra accounts!" sure, it is, no denying that, but not in numbers to make a dent in anything.

Reason it's allowed is pure and simple, they're not doing anything against the ToS.

Multiboxing always has given an unfair advantage in basically everything. The only reason Blizzard allows it is because every extra account earns them more money.
    Multiboxers farming the same herb and minerals nodes with 8 druids.
    Multiboxers oneshotting you with the push of one button.
    Multiboxers saving 4 hours of camping 'cause they get the Rarespawn / Worldboss kill for all their alts in one go.

Etc. Etc.

I personally hope Torghast is too much of a skill check after the first few floors for this to happen.
    Given that it can be played single-player, I'm sadly very much doubting it will be. Chances are they'll just juice up the "Single player" health and damage pools depending on the number of players and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    You can switch who the leader is. Tons of people don't know what you can and can't do with multi-boxing. Just a ton of time to set things up. 5 men are possible. Ran a Pally tank, ele shaman, two mages, and a disc priest a couple months. Was expensive though.
    Yeah it can get pretty expensive. I tried it out during WoD when the promotion was going on the the movie. I ended up sniping 5 of them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I don't, and already said this in a post in this very thread. My only issue with multiboxers is how they can effect a servers economy due to a relatively recent change in how nodes work.
    Luckily the node issue is entirely separate from the torghast issue the OP has fabricated

I don't, and already said this in a post in this very thread. My only issue with multiboxers is how they can effect a servers economy due to a relatively recent change in how nodes work.
    Seriously, how many multi-boxers running how many characters does your server group HAVE?! I rarely saw any multiboxers while I was playing, and even then it was usually 2-3 characters. Do you have any idea how little effect 10 guys running even 5 characters each have on a server economy? A server of 30k players vs 10 players with a total of 50 characters occasionally farming...
    Also, if they drop prices very far, they will make less than just running one character so I doubt most of them are exactly halving the prices.
    Note that those players are ALSO having to buy that many accounts, keep subscriptions to that many accounts, and in general own that many computers. This is also one of the reasons I doubt it is a huge epidemic on most servers.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    #1: Multiboxers pay more subs than you. Why should Blizzard prevent them from using their multiple accounts??
    They can use their multiple accounts, but they are using a program to play them all at once. Without a program they couldn't, cause they only have 2 hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lucred View Post
    Seriously, how many multi-boxers running how many characters does your server group HAVE?! I rarely saw any multiboxers while I was playing, and even then it was usually 2-3 characters. Do you have any idea how little effect 10 guys running even 5 characters each have on a server economy? A server of 30k players vs 10 players with a total of 50 characters occasionally farming...
    Also, if they drop prices very far, they will make less than just running one character so I doubt most of them are exactly halving the prices.
    Note that those players are ALSO having to buy that many accounts, keep subscriptions to that many accounts, and in general own that many computers. This is also one of the reasons I doubt it is a huge epidemic on most servers.
    Out of those 30k players, how many do you think really farm herbs/nodes to sell? Not many. I've seen a few people boxing 5-8 characters, which means in one hour of farming they have 5-8x my materials. They have enough materials to simply undercut anyone and still make huge profits.

And you can easily run or more instances of WoW on a single machine, it's how most multiboxing farmers do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    They can use their multiple accounts, but they are using a program to play them all at once. Without a program they couldn't, cause they only have 2 hands.
    They aren't using any "illegal" programs. If you think they do, you don't know how multiboxing is generally done.

In fact, I think the dude who multiboxes a whole raid streams, or at least he use to. You can see how it works.

They aren't using any "illegal" programs.
    Yeah because they are not considered illegal by Blizzard. The point is they should be.

As a multiboxer I wouldn't even consider trying Torghast while multiboxing, anything that has mechanics is really hard when multiboxing and makes you way worse than a group of players. That is why you never see multiboxers in M+/raids/rated pvp it's simply way worse than a group.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Given that it can be played single-player, I'm sadly very much doubting it will be. Chances are they'll just juice up the "Single player" health and damage pools depending on the number of players and call it a day.
    They could implement mechanics that require those in a group to spread or go to specific areas (soaks). It's not hard to implement mechanics that are too hard or impossible for MBs.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Multiboxing is very much a form of allowed cheating.
    Sadly,as long as it's cheating by throwing more money at Blizzard,nothing will be done against it

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Multiboxing should be punished by 3/6/perma bans.

Unless they can prove they physicall use 1 keyboard, 1 mouse, 1 monitor for each and every char without any form of automation.
    No, not necessarily. I'm not a multiboxer myself, but I've read about it a bit out of curiosity, I would suggest doing the same before you start making dramatic statements.

There's a difference between botting/automation software, and using software solutions to move multiple character with 1 button. The latter isn't automation, it's still you making an action.

Multiboxing isn't cheating, nor gaining unfair advantage. You have to pay multiple subs, you have to level characters on all those accounts, etc. You are working for that advantage, and it is earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    No, not necessarily. I'm not a multiboxer myself, but I've read about it a bit out of curiosity, I would suggest doing the same before you start making dramatic statements.

There's a difference between botting/automation software, and using software solutions to move multiple character with 1 button. The latter isn't automation, it's still you making an action.

Multiboxing isn't cheating, nor gaining unfair advantage. You have to pay multiple subs, you have to level characters on all those accounts, etc. You are working for that advantage, and it is earned.
    Here is a wise and well thought post about this issue.

Nothing I said is wrong. I didn't say it was automation. I said they are using a program to control several characters all at once, which normally wouldn't be possible because people only have two hands. They are using a program to give themselves an unfair advantage.

Multiboxing is absolutely cheating in every possible way. It allows you to let your character power effectively grow by a factor of 3, or 4 or 5, depending on how many characters you use.

If this was the intended way to play the game, you wouldn't need to buy several accounts and use a program. They'd just let you choose to play 5 characters all at once on the same account, or give you the option to let your character's power grow by that factor at will.
    Last edited by How dare you; 2019-11-07 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Multiboxing is surprisingly technical. Don’t knock it till ya tried it. If ya kill the leader, they are as good as dead.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s not automation. It’s a input, from the user, being sent to each window. 1input = 1 action just being sent to other windows.

Botting is where you sent one input to run a string of commands. 1input = multiple actions, movement, etc. multiboxing doesn’t do any of this.

The software used is not classified as
    Sorry but no, the only reason blizzard doesnt do anything about multiboxers is because theyre whales, money.
    Feel free to have multiple account and grow extra hands and such, but the second you use anything to copy/duplicate input to a different character, thats a form of automation, since you cannot do that yourself manually.

Read above, also, it ruins the game for others in a few instances (multiboxers 20 man ganking raids for example)
    On it being an unfair advantage, that depends, its more towards pay to win in that regard in my opinion, which i put in the same area as lootboxes.

Shrug.

There are multiboxers that use programs to help them. and YES, there are others who don't use ANY program to play more than one account at the same time (only use macros), even with "two hands". Follow ability is the key.

There are some who use forbidden programs (and will get banned for it), but the rest plays without going against the ToS of Blizzard, and that is why nothing happens to them.

Don't generalize. People who play more than one account at the same time aren't the boogey men of WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing I said is wrong. I didn't say it was automation. I said they are using a program to control several characters all at once, which normally wouldn't be possible because people only have two hands. They are using a program to give themselves an unfair advantage.

Multiboxing is absolutely cheating in every possible way. It allows you to let your character power effectively grow by a factor of 3, or 4 or 5, depending on how many characters you use.

If this was the intended way to play the game, you wouldn't need to buy several accounts and use a program. They'd just let you choose to play 5 characters all at once on the same account, or give you the option to let your character's power grow by that factor at will.
    Again, i told you there are different types of multiboxing.

It really depends on what programs and/or macros people use. Yes, there are people that only use macros for MB.

If people comply with the ToS of WoW, they aren't cheating.

Cheating is going against the ToS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multiboxing always has given an unfair advantage in basically everything. The only reason Blizzard allows it is because every extra account earns them more money.
    Multiboxers farming the same herb and minerals nodes with 8 druids.
    Multiboxers oneshotting you with the push of one button.
    Multiboxers saving 4 hours of camping 'cause they get the Rarespawn / Worldboss kill for all their alts in one go.

Etc. Etc.

I personally hope Torghast is too much of a skill check after the first few floors for this to happen.
    A multiboxer isn't as strong as a coordinated group of players if the amount of characters on each side is the same though. There's a reason you don't see multiboxers winning arena championships, RBGs, M+, or raids.

They only have an advantage over uncoordinated groups