Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Misanthropia View Post
    Now, this mount used to be a legend back in the day - I don't believe I saw anyone on the server with one during vanilla, and the information about it on wowhead was obscure.

Yet I saw 2 people with it in Ironforge just the other day. What gives? Layering abuse? If yes - weren't blizzard going to "handle" cases like these?
    If they layered to get the mount, it would have been removed by now.

People farm it. Just because it's a crazy low drop and two people have it does not mean they cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    You can't layer abuse an instance, if it droped of a world boss or mob in the world then it might have been the case but the mount drops of the last boss in an instance. Most likely they just farmed it.
    You could for first couple weeks of Classic. And people did abuse the shit out of it too to super quickly farm the end bosses for pre raid BIS gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    You can literaly get the mount on your first Stratholme clear, dude
    In cata it wasn't my first time running the Zul'gurub dungeon but I got the panther one run and the very next time I ran the dungeon I saw the raptor drop though I didn't win it and never saw it again. Random is random.

Over the years I've killed the boss a few hundred times trying to get the mount. It's a very boring grind.

I saw it drop once in vanilla. Someone else in the party got it, but I don't even know if that guy kept playing for very long or what.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    they buffed its drop rate. no other explanation, and massively buffed it too
    that mount was legendary as have the least drop rate in entire game items, even in TBC when Stratholme was soloable (if u were dps, like a warlock demo for example) ppl still couldn't get it, it had drop rate 0.001% according to thottbot, i still remember the quote that static wise u have a higher chance to be a usa president, while not being born in usa, than to get that mount
    blizz buffed it to 1% at wrath launch when they decided that all mounts should have 1% chance instead of that random weird % since some mounts had rate like 10% and others 2% etc
    It was around a 1% drop rate and I farmed it in BC. Took me around 40 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Bored people + nothing todo = farm mount in scholo.
    Mount is strat not scholo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Layering Abuse?

OP. What? Its a dungeon mount...how would?
    This was big news a while back.. lots of bans going around,

Are you sure you haven't heard about this?

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Mount is strat not scholo

- - - Updated - - -

This was big news a while back.. lots of bans going around,

Are you sure you haven't heard about this?
    I can't say I understand how you abuse layers in an instance...no. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    It was around a 1% drop rate and I farmed it in BC. Took me around 40 runs.
    i did hundreds of run and never dropped in TBC, not counting the (admit far lower) vanilla ones
    u getting it in 40 run doesn't change that it had extremely low drop rate, if anyone remember the patch when blizz streamlined mount drop they will find that blizz did say that this mount specifically was the lowest drop rate item in game on purpose, so if u have long free time or iron memory go check it
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Is Rivendare even soloable at 60 effectively or do you still need to group to run it?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    Layering abuse was handled at extreme cases, mostly in a raid environment where people were full clearing Molten Core 2-3 times a week as far as I am aware.
    Layering abuse was strictly dungeons and in the cases where MC reset, it wasnt an exploit but a known bug from Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    i did hundreds of run and never dropped in TBC, not counting the (admit far lower) vanilla ones
    u getting it in 40 run doesn't change that it had extremely low drop rate, if anyone remember the patch when blizz streamlined mount drop they will find that blizz did say that this mount specifically was the lowest drop rate item in game on purpose, so if u have long free time or iron memory go check it
    And some people will get it on their first run. Whats your point?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Is Rivendare even soloable at 60 effectively or do you still need to group to run it?
    Possibly, with a decked out character, but most likely not yet.

People underestimate the amount of players on the classic megaservers. This is in no way comparable to vanilla, you have constantly 50+ people running strat all day.

Even if we assume a 0.1% dropchance of the mount (aka one in thousand or ten times less than the 1% we currently have in retail on mount drops), and 100 baron kills per day, we have a 1-(0.999^100)=~10% chance that the mount drops at least once per single day. When we now look at a timespan of 30 days we get a 1-(0.9^30)=~96% chance that the mount drops at least once in 30 days (still assuming 100 baron kills per day on a server at a ridiculously low 0.1% dropchance).

You can obviously tweak the estimated numbers to whatever you like, but the sheer amount of people on those servers is the reason why you see so many deathchargers, thunderfuries or hammers.

5+ Year Old Account
    its 1% chance drop i guess
    but back then it was 0,02%

Now, this mount used to be a legend back in the day - I don't believe I saw anyone on the server with one during vanilla, and the information about it on wowhead was obscure.

Yet I saw 2 people with it in Ironforge just the other day. What gives? Layering abuse? If yes - weren't blizzard going to "handle" cases like these?
    Lol,. Wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Sure, it's rare as shit, but still far more likely than the odds of 7 billion people not born in America becoming President.
    The Constitution dictates that the president must be a natural born resident of the United States.

Modern ignorance of history kills me...

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    The Constitution dictates that the president must be a natural born resident of the United States.

Modern ignorance of history kills me...
    Yes, that's why he says the droprate is higher then the chance to become president for not natural born residents. The poster that Machismo answered to, claimed becoming such a president was more likely then the mount dropping, so you should quote that guy instead.

According to wowhead in 2.0 post someone linked a, gone now due to forum changes, forum post that had the drop rate at .02% in Vanilla that was raised to a 1% drop rate.

That would make it a 1 in 5000 chance to drop. Still silly low but not improbable to see more than 1.

10+ Year Old Account

People have been farming it for the past 15 years. It's not a secret where it drops and who drops it, all you need is time, luck, and determination. 5 resets every hour in Stratholme Undead-side for a geared party is more than enough to keep a constant chain-run going on for Rivendare mount farms. It's something I plan on doing at 60.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

They obviously changed the drop rate AND enabled layering abuse.

The chance that two people just got lucky sounds far to farfetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Layering abuse was strictly dungeons and in the cases where MC reset, it wasnt an exploit but a known bug from Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

And some people will get it on their first run. Whats your point?

- - - Updated - - -

Possibly, with a decked out character, but most likely not yet.
    From my understanding, they only took action against the guilds that abused the reset in Molten Core. Once it happened on a live stream, and a GM informed that person that he was fine to loot it again, people starting killing Molten Core bosses on repeat. I don't believe they took action against those abusing dungeons as far as I am aware. I know for sure they didn't for people hopping layers to get more nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    They obviously changed the drop rate AND enabled layering abuse.

The chance that two people just got lucky sounds far to farfetched.
    Thanks for posting your feelings.