Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is it running on PC? Got it on PS4 but I haven't played it yet, might get it on PC for sweet mouse action and 4k/60fps.

And while everyone is having problems, buyed it for full price and only got it for the shitty Rockstar Social Club i just wait here, get it at Discount at around 25-30€ in Steam when all problems are fixed.

Patience is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    How is it running on PC? Got it on PS4 but I haven't played it yet, might get it on PC for sweet mouse action and 4k/60fps.
    Your not running it at 4K/60FPS that's how it is.

Its a broken mess and a demanding game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Works fine here, barely ever dips below 60fps at max.

You enjoy your 20 fps at low on your console though
    Been enjoying the game at stable 30 fps (smooth) for a year longer than the PC crowd, no problems at all.
    Added bonus of having the first-release discs with all that they entail, free from updates.

The game is definitely not well optimized. It takes a GTX 2070 or better and newest gen i5/i7 OC'd to get 60fps with only HIGH settings at 1080p. In addition, it has frequent menu issues and it definitely FEELS like a port to pc from console. There are tons of things that drive me nuts about how certain menus work, etc (like feeling the need to use arrow keys to navigate because moving the mouse and scroll wheel support is garbage).

I'm giving it some time and am going to be upgrading on black friday anyways from my 4year old CPU and 970. Hopefully by then they'll have all of this figured out.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2019-11-07 at 08:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're going to get mixed answers.

Lots of complaints, so people are having issues.

Myself, I've had none. Use GTX 1080 and i7 3930, installed on HDD. Textures on Ultra, rest on high, with water and volumetric stuff down to medium. I barely drop below 60fps, and I have zero stuttering.

Game environment is stunning.

So down to luck, or clever use of settings

As said above, menus need some work.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-11-07 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    The game is definitely not well optimized. It takes a GTX 2070 or better and newest gen i5/i7 OC'd to get 60fps with only HIGH settings at 1080p. In addition, it has frequent menu issues and it definitely FEELS like a port to pc from console. There are tons of things that drive me nuts about how certain menus work, etc (like feeling the need to use arrow keys to navigate because moving the mouse and scroll wheel support is garbage).

I'm giving it some time and am going to be upgrading on black friday anyways from my 4year old CPU and 970. Hopefully by then they'll have all of this figured out.
    That's odd. I have a 2070 super and barely ever dip below 60fps with most settings set on ULTRA at 1440p. CPU runs at 5ghz, but I doubt that matters. No stuttering, speedy loading times and absolutely stunning graphics.

The menu does feel weird.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    That's odd. I have a 2070 super and barely ever dip below 60fps with most settings set on ULTRA at 1440p. CPU runs at 5ghz, but I doubt that matters. No stuttering, speedy loading times and absolutely stunning graphics.
    Actually CPU plays a rather large part it seems. One of the biggest issues being caused right now is incessant freezing due to people's CPUs maxxing out and then having to deal with 3 second stutters every 20-30 seconds of play time.

Also, I should have clarified. Only a few of the settings even affect performance.

This is a good guide:
    https://www.game-debate.com/news/279...ng-benchmarked
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2019-11-07 at 04:08 PM.

My horse died :'( is there anyway to get her back ?

So is it playable now?
    Have they released patches/fixes to the performance and crashing issues? See metacritic.
    My rig: i7 8700 with a 1070ti -> would that be good enough for 1080p on ultra or high?
    Thx

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    So is it playable now?
    Have they released patches/fixes to the performance and crashing issues? See metacritic.
    My rig: i7 8700 with a 1070ti -> would that be good enough for 1080p on ultra or high?
    Thx
    Playable for me from the start, have a 1080 and i7 3930. Your CPU is better so you shouldn't have issues, but you never know.

I have textures on Ultra, rest on high, water and volumetric stuff on medium.

Well, was fine for hours straight, now I've already had a few crashes to desktop and my mouse cursor is ALWAYS visible, which is extremely annoying.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone unable to find matchmaking for "more than one way to earn a buck" online? I think the mission requires you to be dishounarble for it to appear, which is maybe why I am struggling, every other yellow mission I've done was matchmade asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Your not running it at 4K/60FPS that's how it is.

Its a broken mess and a demanding game.
    Can you name a single latest release that runs 60 fps on 4k? Temper your expectations lmao, 4k isn't mainstream yet.

I've been running it perfectly at 2k, the graphics are incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Can you name a single latest release that runs 60 fps on 4k? Temper your expectations lmao, 4k isn't mainstream yet.

That was my point, read what I was replying to.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post

I think if you were to run the game on a GTX 2080ti and one of the latest i7 processors, it would run at 4k 60fps no problem using the settings I am (textures on Ultra, rest on high, water and volumetric stuff on medium). Game looks incredible for me, steady 60fps on a 1080 monitor, using a GTX1080 and i73930.

Having all settings maxed, not even the next gen of GPUs will run this at 60fps on 4k.

I've been following reddit for this game, and many of the people having issues were all using an i5 processor or worse. I wonder if that is the true cause of people having issues.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-11-08 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    What do you consider a latest release?
    Like obviously anyone can max out wow at 4k but people loading up AC:O or RDR2 with their 1060 and expecting to play on ultra are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

All those negative reviews on Metacritic make me cringe as most were made the day it released.

I get you payed money for it and it would be nice to access what you bought on day 1 but how on earth do people expect this PC version/Launcher to release without a single hitch to millions of people around the world when it wasn't extensively tested publicly on a astronomical amount of varied computers. The consoles all have the same hardware but computers don't and it seems people are so quick to jump to the boycott/negative attitude like a PC game has never encountered problems before. Simply switching GPU to DX12 instead of Vulcan for those who can load to main menu solved my issues with CTDs.

I've downloaded around ~5 additional post launch patches which means they're desperately working hard to fix the issues and yet people are simply demanding a refund only to go to Steam/Epic which will have the same issues if not addressed by Rockstar..

I have a GTX 1070 & i7-4790K and can run this at 1080p on High with good FPS to my relief I was not expecting to play this and it looking any good at all on my dated system. If you guys honestly feel you are going to run 4k Ultra at 60 fps on your ~ £3,000 - £4,000 PC then you're wishful thinking there.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2019-11-09 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AidanJLowe View Post
    I get you payed money for it and it would be nice to access what you bought on day 1 but how on earth do people expect this PC version/Launcher to release without a single hitch to millions of people around the world when it wasn't extensively tested publicly on a astronomical amount of varied computers.
    1) there have been plenty of day 1 launches in the past of games that haven't had issues like this. They're becoming fewer and farther between, but I don't recall witcher 3 having this kind of garbage, for instance.

2) I expect them to do astronomical testing if they're a company as big as rockstar to get it right. What it comes across as is they basically did a rush port job, except it took them a year (lol?) and they did basically NO testing.

The consoles all have the same hardware but computers don't and it seems people are so quick to jump to the boycott/negative attitude like a PC game has never encountered problems before. Simply switching GPU to DX12 instead of Vulcan for those who can load to main menu solved my issues with CTDs.
    One of the major issues is their recommended hardware specs are actually more like minimum hardware specs and their minimum hardware specs seem to be "specs that allow you to sometimes boot into the menu and enjoy the game at 10FPS"

I've downloaded around ~5 additional post launch patches which means they're desperately working hard to fix the issues and yet people are simply demanding a refund only to go to Steam/Epic which will have the same issues if not addressed by Rockstar..
    Correct. If you attempt to swindle me with prepurchase goodies because you can't be patient enough to release the game and wait for natural sales to turn your profit, I'm going to be more demanding and impatient in-turn.

I have a GTX 1070 & i7-4790K and can run this at 1080p on High with good FPS to my relief I was not expecting to play this and it looking any good at all on my dated system. If you guys honestly feel you are going to run 4k Ultra at 60 fps on your ~ £3,000 - £4,000 PC then you're wishful thinking there.
    IMO games should not have settings or graphics that are incapable of being run by the current top-of-the-line systems. Just flat out don't bother.

Also, part of the PC master race thing is 60fps minimum with better graphics than consoles. If pc gamers can't get that and they get treated like second class citizens, the company that released something for them is in for a world of nerdrage.

1) there have been plenty of day 1 launches in the past of games that haven't had issues like this. They're becoming fewer and farther between, but I don't recall witcher 3 having this kind of garbage, for instance.

2) I expect them to do astronomical testing if they're a company as big as rockstar to get it right. What it comes across as is they basically did a rush port job, except it took them a year (lol?) and they did basically NO testing.

One of the major issues is their recommended hardware specs are actually more like minimum hardware specs and their minimum hardware specs seem to be "specs that allow you to sometimes boot into the menu and enjoy the game at 10FPS"
    A lot of the issues boil down to the tied in connection to the game via the Rockstar launcher and some antivirus problems. Some are experiencing performance problems but that can be playable if players are prepared to be realistic with what their machines can handle. I thought I'd experience problems in the Guarma segment of the game as that's heavy clutter all around but was fine like I said on bare recommended what CanYouRunIt has up.

And even though The Witcher 3 or a lot of day 1 releases didn't have this kind of problem almost every game has a patch within 24-48 hours to fix general bugs or potential game breaking bugs which went under the radar, we all know 1 tiny bit of code can screw a lot of things up. I'm not making excuses for them & hope in the coming days everyone is playing.

Correct. If you attempt to swindle me with prepurchase goodies because you can't be patient enough to release the game and wait for natural sales to turn your profit, I'm going to be more demanding and impatient in-turn.
    As far as pre-purchase goodies go I was happy with what I got. GTA III, San Andreas & Vice City along with the other benefits the highest one came with, I knew from the reception RDR2 got last year I wouldn't be dissatisfied with my purchase like I mentioned I had my share of problems, a patch which was intended to fix other peoples CTDs it made me start having them.

The only things I did not like is for slower PCs the decryption took me close to two hours running from a crappy HDD & the global release at the same time rather than midnight wherever you live.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2019-11-09 at 06:53 AM.