Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

15th anniversary The three raids

why do you have to start back, on boss 1 when you wipe on boss 3 thats kind of stupid...its stupid on repair bills and kind of annoying
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

What I don't get is, why can you choose a boss and then you start at boss 1 anyway? How does this even work?

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    What I don't get is, why can you choose a boss and then you start at boss 1 anyway? How does this even work?
    She's not asking you to choose a boss to start with. She's asking which one was your favorite.

Each encounter is like 1-2mins... and they're trivial as pie.

Are you seriously complaining about how long THIS takes?

You aren't choosing which boss you're actually going to. Basically it's all one big event. It has you "choose" your boss to give you an idea of which bosses are there in which order and it requires all three to be said before the boss encounter actually starts.

The better question is: Why did they not want to give us the opportunity to fight these bosses in their complete form? I understand like an LFR sense (i've wiped enough in random groups with the like 20% of the boss' health that we actually have to taken down), but the event would have been amazing if they had full timewalking version of these bois. Even more so if you could opt into a heroic mode version as well. That would have been absolutely amazing. I would honestly kill to go back and raid lead some of my glory day bosses from Wrath in the current game even if it was just blatantly pandering to my nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    You aren't choosing which boss you're actually going to. Basically it's all one big event. It has you "choose" your boss to give you an idea of which bosses are there in which order and it requires all three to be said before the boss encounter actually starts.
    What? What kind of sense is there in this? Is it to confuse players?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    She's not asking you to choose a boss to start with. She's asking which one was your favorite.
    And the point of that is?

What? What kind of sense is there in this? Is it to confuse players?

- - - Updated - - -

And the point of that is?
    It's just to trigger the encounters and for players to know what they are facing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    why do you have to start back, on boss 1 when you wipe on boss 3 thats kind of stupid...its stupid on repair bills and kind of annoying
    Why do you have to whine about anniversary event so much? It's stupid and kind of annoying.
    Seriously. It's sort of like a quick trailer of few iconic fights from the past - the whole thing takes just couple of minutes to compete.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Why do you have to whine about anniversary event so much? It's stupid and kind of annoying.
    Seriously. It's sort of like a quick trailer of few iconic fights from the past - the whole thing takes just couple of minutes to compete.
    unless it bugs and you have to leave and get a 30 minute debuff ecks dee

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    them high repair bills is annoying though on a wipe
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

It has taken just one hour and I have my mount now. Why should I bother about this content any further?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Because all three of them together add up to the length of one encounter.

Repair bills? What repair bills? My guild covers that so pure income. And even if they wouldn't cover - 2 wipes per wing is what... 100-ish gold? Granted 2 wipes per wing and total is ~300g. One emissary chest gives you 2000g. You could do entire event 7 times for that. Gold is easy, especially that low amount of gold so repair bills are skippable.

Repair bill? In retail? Really? It dont even matter in retail anymore, the repair cost is trivial now. If repair bills were to follow how much gold there is floating around, red gear should cost 60k to fix. Maybe more.

Its nothing.

Besides, its LFR versions of iconic boss fights. its not hard at all, cant imagine anyone getting "high" repair costs from this.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Repair bill? In retail? Really? It dont even matter in retail anymore, the repair cost is trivial now. If repair bills were to follow how much gold there is floating around, red gear should cost 60k to fix. Maybe more.

Its nothing.

Besides, its LFR versions of iconic boss fights. its not hard at all, cant imagine anyone getting "high" repair costs from this.
    Lol, at any given time i have like 20k on my whole account.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are 2 minute fights.....
    What is more stupid is u get a shitty part of the fight, i was so happy to see nefarion...........then we just got to kill the interuptable ads on the pillar........
    Get in my Belly!

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Lol, at any given time i have like 20k on my whole account.
    hey, im not a gold hoarder at all. I probably have 100k on my main, 10-30k on other alts. Never bothered farming gold really. It helps leveling proffs on several chars so I dont gotta buy stuff on ah. Enchanting, alchemy etc.

All im saying is that the repair bill today is nothing, it means literally nothing.

them high repair bills is annoying though on a wipe
    Huh? Repair bills? Haven't worried about repair bills since... TBC?!

After I did the first part of TBC stuff, I figured all the encounters were trivial and just show you around. Tbc stuff went ez.
    Wotlk stuff was also the same except I died at lich king, when a shadow spawned and started hitting me and there was no tank. Still... wotlk stuff, ez.

Cata? No one would kill the adds in cho'gal fight. You actually likely wipe before that part ends, if you dont get rid of adds due to corruption. First wipe there.
    Start again and kill adds. Ez. Nefarian, ez.
    Then raggy, he used ability that spawned fire orbs around. No one reacted. I didnt either since last time I did any raggy mechanics was during cata when I was actually fighting the boss. I forgot wht the orbs do. KABOOM. Entire raid explodes. Second wipe.
    After that all went ez. Raggy didnt even cast that ability this time.

So I would say tbc and wotlk are trivial. Cata you might actually fail, but it requires your raid to ignore everything.

I mean Rag was annoying when it was bugged, and everyone had a "theory" on why ("no pets!"). But yeah I'm glad its over and I have the mount, it wasn't actually fun. But better than MC lfr for the 10th, that was a nightmare.