Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    I sure hope so, nothings been confirmed but then no ones asked the question but why separate a class like they did they should remerge it all.
    Allright. Well that would be cool yeah. Dual wield for survival would be fun. And stat stick+ ranged wep for ranged. But that's been a while. Can't even remember when we had that last, was it for MoP they got rid of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Allright. Well that would be cool yeah. Dual wield for survival would be fun. And stat stick+ ranged wep for ranged. But that's been a while. Can't even remember when we had that last, was it for MoP they got rid of that?
    I believe so. I know we had them at least till the end of WotLK so it was either MoP or maybe even Cata.

Edit: Okay, Cata we lost ammunition, MoP we lost separate ranged/melee weapon slots.
    Last edited by DotEleven; 2019-11-07 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Blizzard didn't reject it. No one's rejected it. Rejecting it is having said "No, we aren't doing this class." like they've stated "We aren't doing High Elves". That's rejecting it.

Not everything not currently in the games is "rejected". Dragon Islands aren't in the game, doesn't mean it's rejected.

My logic has been straightforward and on a single path. HIS is purely "Because something isn't shown in the Shadowlands it's therefore been rejected." Therefore everything's been rejected from Blizzard and we shouldn't expect anything from now on because they've all been "rejected"?

Now you could say something along the lines of "They rejected the idea of adding a new class to Shadowlands" but that just sounds stupid. It wasn't the right time. It's not like they don't want to add new classes.

You and him seem to be under the impression that not being the right time is "rejecting" it. If this were an animation studio working on a series and someone pitched an idea and someone said "That doesn't work for season 1 but could work down the line" it's not being rejected, just put on hold.

Like, let's put it this way. Under your guys belief that "Anything not in Shadowlands is rejected." Every potential class is rejected. Every potential race is rejected. Every other knew potential expac has been rejected. Any dungeon's not in Shadowland has been rejected, every raid has been rejected. Literally everything that isn't specifically being added in Shadowlands has been "rejected".

Do you understand now how stupid that sounds?
    Well agree to disagree. Semantics are a bitch after all^^

But i truly think there will never.. Tinkers e.g. that ship is sailed. they said they want the class to have a connection to the addon. And i highly doubt there will be a complete addon around gnomes and goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Well agree to disagree. Semantics are a bitch after all^^

But i truly think there will never.. Tinkers e.g. that ship is sailed. they said they want the class to have a connection to the addon. And i highly doubt there will be a complete addon around gnomes and goblins.
    It doesn't need to be around Gnomes and Goblins. People really need to get off Tinkers being "Gnomes and Goblins." Although they are the biggest influence of Tinker there can be so much out there. I mean, in one of my original posts I posted about how it would be nice to see the inventions have different looks based on the race, crystal magitech from LD/Draenei or my favorite is actually Hydraulic looking inventions from the Undead.

But anyway, it's just a stupid thing to say it's been "Rejected." Under that belief, we're saying everything that happened in BFA was rejected until BFA was released. Everything that happened in Legion was rejected until Legion was released. Everything in WoD was rejected until WoD was released, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    A frost mage will opt intsead to use a ice lance instead because it scales with thier passives and mastery. A fire mage/arcane mage will not be casting frost bolt because the slow got massively nerfed due to mythic+ you are better off using yout spec spell that scale with your traits/passives/kit. Have other elemental spells fill a niche in world lvling at best.

P.S. Mages have been running Frost for PvP since Vanilla why would they suddenly switch to fire/arcane.
    I concede a frost mage is unlikely to use fire blast. That was a poor example on my part. However, arcane explosion has been used by mages for stealth detection in PVP (when it was part of all mages toolkit) since Vanilla. It could be a useful addition in PVP for frost mages.

My question remains. If spec identity is the reason to limit frost mages to frost spells, fire mages to fire spells, and arcane mages to arcane spells, then why can all mages open portals and cast time warp? These are arcane spells.

I'm very concerned with all the backwards mindset of Classic players being forced onto retail.

Why is Shadowpriest getting Light spells back? They better not tone down the Void identity on the ONLY Void spec in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Are you telling me you didn't suffer from the torment that was the removal of Heroic Strike? Sit the hell down. No. I hated "specc identity." Removing poisons from all rogue speccs made me feel like I wasn't a rogue anymore. I'd rather a bloat of abilities with each specc focusing on certain ones than removin what was part of the class itself for years.

https://www.heroicstrike.org/

Never forget.
    I am both amused and deeply saddened that this is a thing.

But the amused wins out. I love this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Hated it. I'm a paladin not a glowing arms warrior. Legion killed class fantasy.
    Amen! Agree with you on that

It doesn't need to be around Gnomes and Goblins. People really need to get off Tinkers being "Gnomes and Goblins." Although they are the biggest influence of Tinker there can be so much out there. I mean, in one of my original posts I posted about how it would be nice to see the inventions have different looks based on the race, crystal magitech from LD/Draenei or my favorite is actually Hydraulic looking inventions from the Undead.

But anyway, it's just a stupid thing to say it's been "Rejected." Under that belief, we're saying everything that happened in BFA was rejected until BFA was released. Everything that happened in Legion was rejected until Legion was released. Everything in WoD was rejected until WoD was released, etc, etc.
    Yes. That is correct. That is how it works. Everything is rejected until it is not. Unless you keep pretending that people only ever have one thought/thing on their mind and never look at options.
    Like for example: For the last 10 years I rejected the idea of buying a bike. That's it. Rejected. If in another 10 years I decide to get one it doesn't all of a sudden magically mean that I hadn't rejected that idea before.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    Yes. That is correct. That is how it works. Everything is rejected until it is not. Unless you keep pretending that people only ever have one thought/thing on their mind and never look at options.
    Like for example: For the last 10 years I rejected the idea of buying a bike. That's it. Rejected. If in another 10 years I decide to get one it doesn't all of a sudden magically mean that I hadn't rejected that idea before.
    No, it's not. That's not how it works. It's rejected when they say "We're not doing it." They haven't said that at all. What is rejected currently is High Elves. You can find proof of that. Someone representing Blizzard has literally stated "We aren't doing High Elves". That is a rejection. No one has stated "We aren't doing Tinkers". The fact is they think of Expansions for the future, they could be working on Tinkers or Spellbreakers or Shadow Hunters right now and you're saying they're rejected.

Like, you guys don't seem to understand the difference between rejecting something ("We aren't going to do it") and not implementing something in the current expansion ("It doesn't fit release right now")
    Last edited by DotEleven; 2019-11-07 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want one handed fury back man

No, it's not. That's not how it works. It's rejected when they say "We're not doing it." They haven't said that at all. What is rejected currently is High Elves. You can find proof of that. Someone representing Blizzard has literally stated "We aren't doing High Elves". That is a rejection. No one has stated "We aren't doing Tinkers". The fact is they think of Expansions for the future, they could be working on Tinkers or Spellbreakers or Shadow Hunters right now and you're saying they're rejected.

Like, you guys don't seem to understand the difference between rejecting something ("We aren't going to do it") and not implementing something in the current expansion ("It doesn't fit release right now")
    Yes, they have rejected it by not including it in the game.
    I realise that you desperately want tinkers and can't handle the idea of them being rejected, but you will have to calm down. It is not worth losing your mind over it. It is just a game.

Yeah I have never given a shit about class identity. I play my favorite specs not classes.

Yes, they have rejected it by not including it in the game.
    I realise that you desperately want tinkers and can't handle the idea of them being rejected, but you will have to calm down. It is not worth losing your mind over it. It is just a game.
    No, they haven't. Them not being in this expansion doesn't mean they have been rejected. It doesn't mean they don't ever plan to make them. It just means they don't fit right now. Dragon Isles doesn't fit Shadowlands, doesn't mean they aren't going to do it. Doesn't mean they've rejected the concept, just that it doesn't fit right now.

Why is it so hard for you to see the difference between "We aren't doing it" and "It's not a good fit right now"?

Seems to me like one of those things they took away only to give it back as a "new" feature. To be honest I'd rather keep it as it is then have them going "we decided it's time to bring the spec instead of the class... again".

Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    You literally missed his point. Let's break this down to help you out.First off remember this is an Rpg.

You pick your class or job you're going to be which is mage. You start training as a mage. You have spells you learn that represents all mages which will typically involve all 3 schools
    Frost, Fire and Arcane. To give you an idea of what each can do. As you level and grow stronger you start going down a tree that specializes into one of the schools. Just because you specialize in Fire doesn't mean you forget to use the Frost and Arcane spells that you learned before hand. You're just specializing in a preference.

Hopefully this comes off as condescending and insulting as I intend.
    Oh spare me the RP. I don't care about make believe. I care about reality and gameplay.
    Also we haven't had 3 trees since a long time ago. But classic is there for you to fulfill your RP. The reality is the game hasn't been that way for a long time and for good reason, cause it ended up with an astonishingly unbalanced game wil loads of dead specs.

Also, you NEVER FORGOT YOUR SPELLS! They are just tucked away until you chance spec. You got no use for arcane blast as a frost mage. It is just bloat.

You can try to be condescending and insulting but when your argument is "RP" you already lost before you began.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-11-07 at 06:27 PM.

No, they haven't. Them not being in this expansion doesn't mean they have been rejected. It doesn't mean they don't ever plan to make them. It just means they don't fit right now. Dragon Isles doesn't fit Shadowlands, doesn't mean they aren't going to do it. Doesn't mean they've rejected the concept, just that it doesn't fit right now.

Why is it so hard for you to see the difference between "We aren't doing it" and "It's not a good fit right now"?
    You can search my post history. I was absolutely convinced that we're getting tinkers. Obviously they got rejected. I was sad for a bit, but moved on. You should too.

You can search my post history. I was absolutely convinced that we're getting tinkers. Obviously they got rejected. I was sad for a bit, but moved on. You should too.
    Once again, that means that "Everything not included in Shadowlands has been rejected" which is just a stupid belief.

Once again, you are mistaking "Not a good fit right now" with "We aren't doing it" The first is what could've happened to Tinkers because Blizzard hasn't released any kind of statement. The second is what they've absolutely said about Playable High Elves.

Resistance and spell ranks don’t exist anymore and I hope they don’t bring those back.

Folks got to chill out. They wouldn't implement something that the majority didn't want.

If, like pruning, people don't like it, we'll see a return to spec identity. Or at least a balance between class and spec identity.

I personally can't wait to have some more homogenized specs that still lend themselves to the idea of doubling down on ONE ASPECT OF A CLASS.