Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

What would make you pre-order?

At the moment I'm currently on the fence about pre-ordering and I was wondering what it would take for those who find themselves in a similar situation to commit to pre-ordering Shadowlands?

For me I'm waiting for more information on the following

Returning to class rather than spec
    If the intention is only to reintroduce fluff spells that were cut for a reason I wouldn't consider this to be a fix to classes

Mounts, sets and other benefits for all 4 covenants and armor types
    As someone who gets a lot of enjoyment from collecting things this will be what hypes me the most (note: I already like the Kyrian stuff)

An example of the scale of customisation coming to the original races
    If it's just a few hairstyles and eye colours it won't be worth losing a race or class for

Bribes. :P Free account services particularly server transfers and faction changes that I'd much rather have than character boosts. I'm significantly less interested in pre-ordering/buying at launch knowing that I'll have to wait a year for flying. Plus, however many months for bug fixes, balancing, more streamlined processes, alt catch-ups, etc. It just seems better to wait. I bought Legion shortly after release, played for 3 months then quit for a year. Had I waited and started playing 6 months after launch it's more likely I would've been subbed all expansion long.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhance Shaman rework we've been promised since Legion
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Return of a MOP or LK style Ranged Survival hunter.

Close runner up scaling made optional.

Making the game B2P. I'm in the situation where i don't have enough time to fully enjoy the game and i don't justify paying a sub - i can farm token, but with their everclimbing price i'm at a point where i don't have so much money to rake 4 or 5 of them and farming takes out a consistent chunk of my available playtime.

I'm not bashing the game, really. But given the focus on stacking systems you have to do basically everything to be competitive (while they're presented as parallel progression - like M+) i simply don't have the time for it.

I am one of the people who actually loved to have just to raid at the evening, so i could do other stuff in the meanwhile like alts, achievements, pets or play other games.+

To each its own i suppose.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

As it stands, the rewards for pre-ordering aren't enticing enough for me, so I might pre-order later, when there's more info and it looks like I'll be buying it anyway, but there's not really a benefit to it, so...

Considering how many groups of players currently farming for the transmog quest items. Not much

After my bad experience with BFA pre order ( No zandalari at pre and launch) wont buy the game till launch day or some nice cash offer

10+ Year Old Account
    Physical collector's edition. Only thing keeping wife and myself from preordering.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Flying without having to wait for a year and 20 patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    a way to preorder now and receive the physical collector's (or epic edition) one day prior to the launch.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll pre-order most likely at the start of 8.3 for Mechagnomes and/or Vulpera, but that depends on how the rest of my alt-army comes along at the time. If I'm not ready for more alts, I might wait until 9.0 goes life for all the things whatever come with the pre-patch. As far as I understood, the scurge-invasions will be good for leveling, like Legion invasions in the pre-patch.

For me it would be:

1. Less emphasis on daily and weekly caps/ chores.
    I understand caps for anything that can give loot. However, things like AP, rep, etc. continue to burn me out after the initial tier of an expansion. I feel like I fall behind and because of weekly/ daily caps on ways to farm certain reps or things like AP, I just lose interest. Even doing something like for every week/ day something has been available a character can perform the action once, for instance the bonus AP from islands. if I make a new char 3 months into an expansion, let me farm islands to grab that bonus AP 12 times. I am not sure how far it could go with M+ chests and such since that might be too much but it's a thought.

2. Better class design.
    This one here is opinion, everybody has everything but then it feels stripped down at the same time. My first point is much more important, I can live with classes to an extent.

3. Faction Imbalance acknowledgement
    I just enjoy playing alliance better, however, it's just not fun any longer. All my friends transferred to Horde due to raiding and PvP. In the world I don't mind the faction system since it's basically toggle able at this point with pvp on and off. The biggest problem that still exists is dungeons and raids. If horde and ally could do instanced pve content together, I think it would solve a lot of issues. It does create a lot of issues with parties since they are formed in the outside world, and guilds since they are one faction only at the moment and would be gimping themselves a little bit in raids since they would be missing any important racials that the other faction/ PuG groups would have access to.

4. A design closer to WoW Classic when it comes to ease of travel.
    Another opinion and isn't something that would 100% keep me away but I just don't like the ability to port in and out of instances for LFG/ LFR. I know Mythic + and Raids don't have this issue. I just enjoyed running to instances while leveling, thought it would be nostalgia but I still enjoy it with Classic.

Complete rework for the Demonology spec who was completely fine until the removal of Metamorphosis and the Legion / BfA design. It is now just so clunky in pve and underpowered for pvp that it is not even fun.

I know it is not gonna happen. While i like a lot of Shadowlands features, it seems already like a filler expansion and that the game slowly but surely drift towards maintainance mode.

Quote Originally Posted by McCrazy View Post
    I'll pre-order most likely at the start of 8.3 for Mechagnomes and/or Vulpera, but that depends on how the rest of my alt-army comes along at the time. If I'm not ready for more alts, I might wait until 9.0 goes life for all the things whatever come with the pre-patch. As far as I understood, the scurge-invasions will be good for leveling, like Legion invasions in the pre-patch.
    Wait, Vulpera and Mechagnomes are pre-order bonuses and not included in BfA?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Physical collector's edition. Only thing keeping wife and myself from preordering.
    This ^ Particularly if it includes an art book.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBC servers

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Enhance Shaman rework we've been promised since Legion
    I would absolutely like that, but to pre-order there would also need to be new class.
    Unless somehow, for the first time since TBC shamans become awesome to play again.

Have they announced if tier sets are coming back yet? Because that would make me pre-order. A new class would also have worked. I'm really disappointed so far, which is why it would take a lot.

I already pre-ordered