Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    It would be nice to see a redeemed Arthas there as a king of the Kyrians or something. They have a cool aesthetic that reminds me of the Paladin look.

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image..._KelvinTan.jpg

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...ChrisChang.jpg
    There is nothing to be redeemed. He willingly murdered citizens, willingly accepted Frostmourne, willing became one with Ner'Zhul, and willingly became the LK. He knew what what path this was leading to. There should be no redemption for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Not necessarily true. Not everyone is redeemed at the same rate. It's possible he could be redeemed by now, not saying he is, while Kael'thas still hasn't been. Some people won't change and stay the way they are which would mean longer time to redeem. Some people do want to change and will do so and be redeemed quicker. So just because Kael'thas isn't doesn't mean we should rule out Arthas possibly being redeemed.
    Kael'thas has also been there for a year longer. Though given the time frames involved, i'd say nobody we've personally met should be redeemed yet. It's only been what, 8 years in story since WoW started?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Arthas is in the Maw because Sylvanas saw him there in the Edge of Night.
    Wait, I thought no soul ever escaped the maw?

Quote Originally Posted by BEYR View Post
    I'm not sure where he'd end up. Not Bastion, because he chose his path. But the majority of his truly evil deeds were done under the influence of frostmourne and the armor. It's never really laid out if his corruption was complete or if he was a puppet. The novel seems to point to him being fully corrupted. He banishes both the spirit of Ner'zhul and his noble self before he awakens at the beginning of Wrath. So everything he did after that would seem to be his choice. And Bolvar doesn't appear to have the voice of anyone in his head after wearing the crown. But Arthas' final words are almost like someone gaining control of themselves again after the sword breaks. It will be interesting to see if they delve into it.

Replay ace, because arthas fell before frostmourne

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I don't think resurrection quite counts for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    It would be nice to see a redeemed Arthas there as a king of the Kyrians or something. They have a cool aesthetic that reminds me of the Paladin look.

I'm pretty sure he's in the Maw, so we might find him there.

You can bet your ass he is in the maw or torghast.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Can you imagine if jaina finds good arthas just chilling and they get back together? I mean shes all over the place on her flings, why not add dead people to the list xD

He should be there even if we go by sheer logic since Kael'thas apparently is in there. And we are at a point where Blizz now writing lore as they go, they will %100 pull a "Disney Wars" and go "MEMBER THIS CHARACTER???".

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Resurrected by a Valkyr that had to sacrifice herself by taking her place to bail Sylvanas out of it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

If/when Arthas shows up again, what's going to be the consensus? I think if they do it right, it could be epic.
    #TeamTinkers

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    If/when Arthas shows up again, what's going to be the consensus? I think if they do it right, it could be epic.
    Everything can be epic if done right, the question is does anyone of us actually believe blizzard to be capable of pulling that off?

Two things I could see happening:
    - Arthas came to his sense in his last moments while talking to his father and actually tries to attone in torghast by climbing the tower in everlasting torment. We meet him along the way and he helps us or is even the guy that helps us flee the maw. I would actually like that very much. It's a bit poetic and very RPG as well, would be a bit dante-esque, the whole climbing down the depths of hell, here it's just a tower with grind mechanics.
    - Arthas came to the maw and realized he still has the power to rule over the dead and bound the Jailor when he encountered her (I have a feeling the Jailor will be female) and claimed Torghast for himself. This could be what started breaking death, since he went and started to hoard souls that don't belong. We will only learn this way later though, to get a Sylvanas-was-right-all-along moment.

What I expect though is something incredibly dumb. Like he is chained in some corner or he is just some random bad guy we will kill during a quest or half-tier raid.

I like both of your ideas.
    #TeamTinkers

Arthas is totally in the Maw. He may have been corrupted but he chose to walk down that dark path.

Arthas is essentially Anakin Skywalker and he hasn't had his "throw the emperor down the pit" moment yet. Just something to ponder.

so they are redeeming Kael and probably gonna try making Sylvanas not evil but just conflicted, another character would be too much imo... I would prefer finding him in Maw and his mind broken from suffering

Even ignoring his sins, they mentioned that souls that are dangerous go there as well. If his soul does not qualify, then I doubt many others would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of hope they don't redeem Arthas. I'd like him to play some sort of role in the story and even aid us but he shouldn't be forgiven.

he is definitely in the shadowlands, as are other souls that have passed, but he is damned to whatever hell is there be it in the maw or an entirely different sublvl of the shadowlands we have yet to hear of. Sylvanas saw arthas in the afterlife when she committed suicide, she deserves to be there too.

Guess we have different opinions on where Arthas would end up, 'uh?