Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Being tortured constantly in the Maw. ALL souls have been sent there. Other than ones trapped by warlocks and such.
    "I saved you! You're welcome!" -warlocks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The blood troll genocide I did the last couple days should probably pay off that debt alone. There is also the various Loa, did he claim them? Not quite sure what happened with Rezhan and co. The only one smart enough to be reborn was the turtle Loa.
    They've hinted at the loa being reborn since that's what Wild Gods do. Might see them in Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    There are also world quests that say your need to work off your million soul debt to Bwonsamdi by killing/leading souls to him
    Hm. Don't know how I've never seen that in the text before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    To be fair, warlocks consume the souls they use to cast spells. They don't go to the Shadowlands because they don't go anywhere....

So basically on par with Sylvanas' version of "saving"

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Being tortured constantly in the Maw. ALL souls have been sent there. Other than ones trapped by warlocks and such.
    Funny that we are at a point in lore where warlocks are kind of the good guys.

My question is do people from Alternate Draenor even go to the same afterlife? How tf does that work?

Do they have their own Shadowlands, with its own dead people, and its own Maw?

Assuming they have their own Shadowlands, If someone from Alt Draenor dies in main Azeroth, do they go to our Shadowlands or their own? They'd have to go to ours right? Otherwise how are Mag'har players going to quest in there? Every Mag'har player is from Alt. Draenor.

If that's the case, shouldn't the opposite also be true? Is Garrosh in the bizzarro Shadowlands of Alt. Draenor?

Or is this like the Legion - Is there only one afterlife with one Maw? If so, is the Velen who died in WoD in there? What about all the dead Warlords? Or any OTHER character who died in WoD. If there's only one Shadowlands - Shouldn't there AT LEAST be two of every character who died in both the main timeline and WoD in there at this point? Orgrim Doomhammer for example - If there's only one Shadowlands - There should totally be 2 Dead Orgrims in there.

Is the Draka we're already confirmed to meet in Shadowlands the AU Draka from WoD? Or the original Draka from the main universe, who we never met, who died well prior to the events of Warcraft III?? (Honestly not sure, don't know much about the original Draka as she was never at the forefront) - Will this Draka recognize us? Is she brown or green?

I don't imagine Blizzard will ever address any of these questions, and they will be plot holes forever.

These are basically the same damn plot holes WoD created with the Legion, which they handwaved away by saying, "There's only 1 Legion!" which still mostly doesn't make sense when scrutinized. I imagine they'll say "There's only 1 Shadowlands" and we'll just be left to guess why none of the details make sense.

If there's 1 Shadowlands - The fact that there aren't 2 of a lot of dead people makes no sense.

If there are 2 Shadowlands, and everyone goes to the Shadowlands of the world they died on - Characters like Garrosh should be in the Alt. Shadowlands. Thus if Garrosh makes an appearance, it makes no sense. Or if the Draka we meet is the one from WoD, that also makes no sense for similar yet opposite reasons. Furthermore Alt. Gul'dan died in the main universe but... whether or not his demon-tainted soul blocks his path to the Shadowlands is probably debatable at this point, though it didn't seem to block Kael, nor any OTHER green orcs, nor presumably Demon Hunter players. (Details remain to be seen on this one - But I think we can probably agree, future plot holes seem likely)

If there are 2 Shadowlands and everyone goes the the Shadowlands of their respective home universe when they die - Mag'har players questing in the new expansion make no sense.

Thus the stupidity that is the premise of WoD continues to have ripple effects on future plot holes. As we many always knew it would.
    Last edited by TragedyAnn; 2019-11-07 at 05:33 PM.

Big baddies the leaders got credit for killing sooo...we might meet vancleef and he might be mad?

A questline on this subject could be pretty entertaining. If you want to go all-in on it, have the text and dialogue change based on achievements the character has or doesn't have, or find some way to bake in some customization (like pick a zone the player completed quests in, draw the story from that). Then lay some guilt bombs on the player which they can care or not care about, show things from a different perspective. Show how when the player thought they were just killing stupid quillboars, the quillboar had just gone through his rite of passage into adulthood, and had taken up the ceremonial weapons to protect his doting, sick mother. On his first day a group of marauders tore through the camp and easily crushed all resistance, and our spear-wielding hero, who understood a little orcish, heard "lol 30 kills and still no axe drop fu blizz fml" as you walked away and he bled out in the sand. He would obviously have a letter he needs delivered to an NPC 2 feet away as compensation for your crimes, or some kind of sisyphean collection quest with a drop rate straight out of old school stranglethorn.

But better than that since I'm an awful, awful writer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    "Now keep on living as green cheese."
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

So what happened to Bwonsamdi? After 8.1 did he drop out of the plot?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    They've hinted at the loa being reborn since that's what Wild Gods do. Might see them in Shadowlands.
    Normally that would be the case, but supposedly all souls go the maw now. Some of them miracously making it to the troll realm or ardenweald seems kinda odd.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Normally that would be the case, but supposedly all souls go the maw now. Some of them miracously making it to the troll realm or ardenweald seems kinda odd.
    I'm sure he'll have a role in Shadowlands, they'd be stupid to forget him in a Death-themed expansion. We got so little regarding the actual lore, they spent more time explaining how Covenants will work and the level squish than anything which leads me to believe they have very little done as far as the quest texts and roles are concerned. We just know "oh yeah, Kael'thas is here, you'll see him again" but didn't actually elaborate on anything story-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'm sure he'll have a role in Shadowlands, they'd be stupid to forget him in a Death-themed expansion. We got so little regarding the actual lore, they spent more time explaining how Covenants will work and the level squish than anything which leads me to believe they have very little done as far as the quest texts and roles are concerned. We just know "oh yeah, Kael'thas is here, you'll see him again" but didn't actually elaborate on anything story-wise.
    There#s a dungeon called "The Other Side" that has something to do with Bwonsamdi

I'm reminded of the game "Drakengard." The main character Caim is basically what we would somewhat realistically be; an angry angry fellow with a magnificently enthusiastic approach to violence who just so happens to be fighting people and/or things which are even worse. At least our fellow companions aren't....as awkward.

We're going to the Maw after death. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

I think Shaggy said it best.........wasn't me.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Could be a different point of entry. Like Emerald Dream -> Ardenweald for Wild Gods/Druids rather than the typical path taken by mortal souls.

Or Rezan could be trapped in the Maw with everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    Could be a different point of entry. Like Emerald Dream -> Ardenweald for Wild Gods/Druids rather than the typical path taken by mortal souls.

Or Rezan could be trapped in the Maw with everyone else.
    I was mostly wondering if bwonsamdi collected rezhan, because I faintly remember him making promises to that effect when we were looking for the soul of rastakhan. I mean in the end they can write anything that hasn't been stated yet.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.