Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Are you serious? About 60% of posters here are fanboys

There is a quote I like from one of the devs in SWTOR:

"You could give players a hat that makes all their wishes come true and they would complain about the colour of the hat."

While SWTOR is no longer anywhere near comparable to WoW this quote is absolutely valid for this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    this. at mmo champion the sky is in a perpetual state of falling.
    Well, that is actually true for the new expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    (That being said, as disappointed in BFA as I am, it's still nowhere near as bad as WoD was for me)
    i feel like it have precisely opposite life than WoD
    wod started it was amazing, and then you found out theres nothing to do, and they didnt really add much over the expansion
    bfa started poorly but get better over time

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    I'd say they are salty about everything in life.
    Agreed. I think someone spit in their cheerios when they were a kid and it haunts them to this day. :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehem View Post
    no ppl are not salty they said true look at MoP or any other expansion preview trailer... in each other expansion preview (excluding BFA cuz we have 2) we have new continent because each expansion have a lot other things to show us but look at shadowlands 4zones that we can see separately not as "new zones/continent/etc" even WoD had 10 things where new zones was shown as "new world" not like we have 8 new zones

new things that we can see in each expansion preview trailer

TBC: can't find :<
    WotLK: 12
    Cata: 14
    MoP: 8
    WoD: 10
    Legion: 7 (no mention about world quest and m+ in preview trailer)
    BfA: 7
    SL: 4 (shadowlands (4 zones), choose a covenant, new dungeons and raids, tower of the damned... in preview trailer they don't say anything about squish lvl!)

I don't want to say that SL will be bad or good but amounts of 'new things' its low and I really wish that "tower of the damned" won't be something like island expedition or PvE scenario from MoP
    an how much of the announced new things actualy made it into expansion? not to mention, some of them that did make it were things like barber shop... nice addition, but really not a huge and important thing so hardly comparable to lets say warfronts or torgast (or how its spelled)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    As someone who has used this site for 10 years every issue I have seen raised here for the most part that gain traction is usually a primary reason WoW has lost subscribers. This expansion looks very light on content but heavy in system changes.

When an expansion is this reliant of changes to system then those system had better be perfect or it will be a train wreck. Any true WoW bashing threads for the sake of bashing normally get deleted and the myth that every thread is negative is silly.
    you were running around asking people who left WHY, or you base it on people on this forum saying they will leave bcs of the issue brought up on the VERY SAME forum?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    You'll get the definite answer later, when shadowblands will be known as second filler expansion in a row, first time in blizzard history.

Right now the actual vocal minority are the lobotomites who urge us to wait and see, because it's not yet even alpha/beta/gamma/omega. As if it is rocket science that bland expansion isnt going become better with time.
    tbh, BFA did if they kept it up in 8.8 it would maybe be great

Quote Originally Posted by n0thingm4tters View Post
    I've seen quite a few posts from people who claim they could make a better expansion or know exactly what people want; and that the devs are clueless, yada yada.

Is this the vocal minority or not?

I've certainly disagreed with some changes from Ion in the past but I'll admit, I for one am very excited with the majority of features from SL and think it could be one of the best xpacs.
    Dude you could give to MMO champion amazing games like Sekiro and God of War ps4, and they will still say that they suck peanuts. Let alone the best expansion ever for WoW, they would still downtalk it and act as if it's shit. Not claiming that shadowlands is gonna be the best just yet, but to think of this expansion as 'maintenance', the new word used by retards around these parts, is idiotic af. Just because you don't get a shitty necromancer class that canibalizes warlock/dk, or tinkerers, which frankly, are a dream for some, but will only stay a dream lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Rather than just call people salty, why don't you explain why you think SL will be the best expansion, or what you disagree with when people list all of the things they don't like? The problem isn't people complaining on MMO-C, the problem is complaining that not everyone agrees with you.
    i dont think people making lists of things they dont like or well formulated arguments are the point here
    people saying shit like "worst expansion ever" "filler expansion" "nothing new" "wod 2.0" "bfa 2.0" and so on without ANY argument used at all, they are the issue at hand

I was super excited about SL when Ion announced it. I wanted to pre-order. I didn't have money that moment to throw at Blizz, so I said I'll wait 3-4 more days and then do it, after I cash some income.
    But then all the details were revealed, during some BlizzCon panels and interviews, which kind of turned me off. Massive grindfest incoming which is "transmogged" into content. No, thanks!
    Right now I am keeping the salty feeling => most likely not going to purchase and put an end to WoW era with BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    People on MMO-C are ALWAYS salty not matter what.

Change my mind.
    No, you are wrong.

Changed.

7+ Year Old Account
    MMO-C is a veritable salt mine, that's for sure. One look at the SL forums though should show you that the salt is generated from the same 10-15 people.

Also, don't go to the Lore forum, that place will kill you with a sodium overdose just by loading the front page.

Myself? I kinda look forward to it, but then again i like when stories advance. I'd prefer to have a game move forward over stagnating in the past.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Cmx View Post
    No, you are wrong.

Changed.
    Can't say no to a profile pic like that. Asked GF if it was ok for me to type this, she said she's more on board than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    This was my first Blizzcon as well and the attitude there vs MMO-Champion is such a bizarre contrast.
    The fact that people cheered the burning of Teldrassil was not only surprising to me, but Ion as well. It's definitely not a sentiment I've seen anywhere else. I assume because Blizzcon is cost/location prohibitive for most that the ones who attend genuinely like the current iteration of the game, the storyline, Sylvanas, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Blizzard is highly incompetent. Telling people they don’t want classic and classic has millions of players now. Not realizing people like different things and trying to merge classic into retail.
    So many screw ups by blizzard
    I resubbed for Classic and for absolutely none of the reasons the devs like to cite for its success. I definitely don't want retail to de-evolve into Classic and was disappointed to read there's bleed over starting already. :\
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I'm not salty, just disappointed in how lazy and low effort it seems. I legit expected a new class with such a huge shift in the theme and location of the story. It just feels like expansions these days are just a way for them to show off armor and NPC making skills. How many times are we all really interested in playing the same classes just with a different race?
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by n0thingm4tters View Post
    I've seen quite a few posts from people who claim they could make a better expansion or know exactly what people want; and that the devs are clueless, yada yada.

Is this the vocal minority or not?

I've certainly disagreed with some changes from Ion in the past but I'll admit, I for one am very excited with the majority of features from SL and think it could be one of the best xpacs.
    I'll make a global answer.
    People are mostly simple minded and will draw conclusions based on too few facts. And add a lot of emotions into the mix.
    It's not specific to this forum, it's kinda the same anywhere, anytime. Now that informations are more well spread than 50 or even 10 years ago made it worse, just see all the bullshit your auntie Karen shares on FB.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Ever since I started playing Classic I enjoyed its leveling experience.
    With the changes to leveling in Shadowlands I can see Blizzard wants to go in totally opposite direction. So I'm salty about it, not much left in retail for me
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Blizzard is highly incompetent. Telling people they don’t want classic and classic has millions of players now. Not realizing people like different things and trying to merge classic into retail.
    So many screw ups by blizzard
    Such incompetence. If they had a clue they would change their stance and release Classic. Oh hold on a sec...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Well, that is actually true for the new expansion
    outttt!!! out!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)