Poll: How powerful is the Jailer?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If he's lootable, not very. Cuz then even Johnny aweosme will kill him
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

"this guy is only responsible for one single territory, not more."

Again, the Jailer is basically the opposite of the Arbiter in terms of these regards. Therefore, he's MUCH more than just "1 territory", as he's the ruler over all of the worst souls ever. And now, he's jailing the good and innocent ones. Therefore, he's disrupting the Shadowlands, as well as the balance between life and death.

Also, it's said that if he's free, he would end EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING! You don't understand. He's a cosmic force. Much like the Titans and the Void Lords.

Good points on the chains mentioned by a few users above. I guess it makes sense that the Jailer could be even more powerful and scary if his chains were broken. His true full unimaginable powers are suppressed by those chains. Even chained up, he still has the power and fear factor to keep all those reality ending prisoners in check within the Maw so imagine if his chains were broken.

I would say Unchained Jailer >> Chained Jailer/Arbiter >> Pantheon Class Titans/Fully grown Void Lords

Now it makes more sense. The Arbiter and Jailer is around the same in power but the Jailer wants to break free from the power suppressing chains which will allow him to become far above the Arbiter and upset the balance. This would probably be the main plot, to prevent him from breaking his chains.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

5+ Year Old Account
    Betting 10 chars on the Jailer having the voice of Disney Hades.

I really hope he’s just a villain who is bored and starting shit for the lols.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Good points on the chains mentioned by a few users above. I guess it makes sense that the Jailer could be even more powerful and scary if his chains were broken. His true full unimaginable powers are suppressed by those chains. Even chained up, he still has the power and fear factor to keep all those reality ending prisoners in check within the Maw so imagine if his chains were broken.

I would say Unchained Jailer >> Chained Jailer/Arbiter >> Pantheon Class Titans/Fully grown Void Lords

Now it makes more sense. The Arbiter and Jailer is around the same in power but the Jailer wants to break free from the power suppressing chains which will allow him to become far above the Arbiter and upset the balance. This would probably be the main plot, to prevent him from breaking his chains.
    Never thought I'd say this, but thank you. You're correct.

Can people please see the Shadowlands site? It literally talks about the Jailer's potential power.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    It's said that the Shadowlands are older than the Titans, meaning that he's older than the Titans as well. It would stand to reason that he's incredibly powerful if he is the epicenter of the Shadowlands' power. He's also where Sylvanas got her inexplicable power upgrades over the past few years besides just being a regular ol' banshee in a body. He's also a mysterious figure to even the inhabitants of the Shadowlands - people like the Arbiter, Venthyr, Kyrians, and others seem to do these jobs since time itself existed, either willingly or unwillingly serving him and his will.

However, he also seems to be chained up in a kneeling position, and he made a bargain with Sylvanas for a reason. He's likely the being that Odyn gave his eye to, in order to peer into the Shadowlands. If he's making deals with undead and Titanforged, then it's possible his powers are subdued - either because he's weak, or because he's chained up. We have no idea who put him in chains, or why, so it's all speculation at the moment.

However, it should be noted that few things are stronger than the Void and Light - they were the original things that ever existed. When they clashed, everything else came into existence. This would also mean, presumably, the Shadowlands, the Jailer, and the idea of death itself. So, he would be somewhere above the Titans in strength, and somewhere below the Void Lords. The Light even harms the land in Revendreth, for instance, and even N'Zoth called death "the enemy of all" in BfA.
    But how powerful could the jailer be if living things didn't exist yet??

I assume Titan or higher. No matter his powerlevel there will be people crying about how easily he died and others complaining about how he shouldn't be that powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Then he wouldn't exist. No one would exist, because the Light and Shadow would have to make it. It's said that once the Universe existed, life existed, and therefore the Shadowlands existed. Which means that the Jailer and the Arbiter existed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I assume Titan or higher. No matter his powerlevel there will be people crying about how easily he died and others complaining about how he shouldn't be that powerful.
    Basically this. I mean, we already imprisoned Sargeras, defeated the Unmaker, and are beaming N'zoth to death all by ourselves...

Pretty sure we're capable of defeating the Jailer.

I'm going to say Titan or Void God level since according to blizzard the Shadowlands predate even the titans, his power is probably tied to the maw and how many souls are in it, so at the start of the expac he's basically fuck your MC powers I'm lead bitch of this world, and across the 3 patches we'll somehow release a lot of the souls trapped in the maw that which will bring him down to believable raid boss levels similiar to how we killed Argus.

I don't think anyone knows. It can't be stronger than whoever created the Shadowlands, because he hasn't been able to escape their bonds and/or the Maw. Unless it is there willingly.

It's wierd seeing the Shadowlands in such an ordered structure. It would be interesting to see why that is. All the goings on there seem uncharacteristically lawful good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Then he wouldn't exist. No one would exist, because the Light and Shadow would have to make it. It's said that once the Universe existed, life existed, and therefore the Shadowlands existed. Which means that the Jailer and the Arbiter existed.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically this. I mean, we already imprisoned Sargeras, defeated the Unmaker, and are beaming N'zoth to death all by ourselves...

The Shadowlands aren't a matter of light and dark, because this is the plane of death.

And we were only able to defeat the dark Titan with the help of other Titans and the combined powers of the artifact weapons. We have neither of those now and we won't have the heart when we go.

That's the point. The Light and Void made everything else when they clashed together. Before that, nothing else existed, including the concept of death and the Jailer.

At least, that's the lore presented in Chronicle for the creation of the universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post

The Shadowlands aren't a matter of light and dark, because this is the plane of death.

And we were only able to defeat the dark Titan with the help of other Titans and the combined powers of the artifact weapons. We have neither of those now and we won't have the heart when we go.
    Everything is a matter of Light and Void. They made everything else.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

So, the Jailer is older than the Titans.
    If we take the cosmology map from Chronicles, we can see this: Order->Arcane->Titans and specular we see Death->Necromantic->Undead where Death is equal to Order, Arcane is equal to Necromantic and Titans are equal to Undead, so if we had to find the right spot for the Jailer, we could say that he is on the level of "Death". By now he can be seen as "one of the pillars of raw Death force"

Hopefully Between Titan and Old God level. It better not be stronger than Sargeras, the one character we never faced in a raid encounter because he's too damn strong. It appears we'll actually face The Jailer as a raid boss in some form.

He may predate life. And over time he probably accumulated power from absorbing souls from things dying; thereby siphoning power from the other cardinal forces. And now it's reaching a head because he apparently is absorbing the souls from every dying thing.

5+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll doubt he’ll “die” I’m assuming he’s just going to get a hard reset and go back to doing his job

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xidoc View Post
    So, the Jailer is older than the Titans.
    If we take the cosmology map from Chronicles, we can see this: Order->Arcane->Titans and specular we see Death->Necromantic->Undead where Death is equal to Order, Arcane is equal to Necromantic and Titans are equal to Undead, so if we had to find the right spot for the Jailer, we could say that he is on the level of "Death". By now he can be seen as "one of the pillars of raw Death force"
    Don’t forget the arbiter too

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    That's the point. The Light and Void made everything else when they clashed together. Before that, nothing else existed, including the concept of death and the Jailer.

At least, that's the lore presented in Chronicle for the creation of the universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Everything is a matter of Light and Void. They made everything else.
    But the Chronicle is from the point of view of the titans so how would they know.

5+ Year Old Account
    But the Chronicle is from the point of view of the titans so how would they know.
    The same we have educated guesses on our own universe, we know it might be this until new evidence comes along.

"this guy is only responsible for one single territory, not more."

Again, the Jailer is basically the opposite of the Arbiter in terms of these regards. Therefore, he's MUCH more than just "1 territory", as he's the ruler over all of the worst souls ever. And now, he's jailing the good and innocent ones. Therefore, he's disrupting the Shadowlands, as well as the balance between life and death.

Also, it's said that if he's free, he would end EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING! You don't understand. He's a cosmic force. Much like the Titans and the Void Lords.
    i think it's one territory as in one planets worth. other planets probably have their own local shadowlands. just like they have their own elements, emerald dream, etc.

i definitely don't think the arbiter/jailer are the top dogs in the death hierarchy. going to be someone above them during questing or in a patch for sure.

the jailer/arbiter strike me as the algalons of death, the middle management.
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-11-07 at 08:30 PM.

Pretty sure Sylvanas is practically serving him. Though Blizzard says they're "working together", that's about as equal as saying "Gul'dan and Kil'jaeden were working together". One's still serving the other, in the end.
    It means that she isn't loyal and she can end up like MU Gul'dan.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    The same we have educated guesses on our own universe, we know it might be this until new evidence comes along.
    Hell some how scientists came to the conclusion we are missing something like a third of the normal matter in our universe.