Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I wanna know is wtf are Nathanos and Gallywix doing in the Horde Embassy when they ran away with Sylvanas.

Seriously, it's like Blizzard doesn't even care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Mok'nathal seem like a safe bet. They reused the Kul'Tiran model for Rexxar (though I'm still convinced the Kul'Tiran model is a reused orc base with heavy edits done to it), which could roadmap the plan for mok'nathal as a group, and for the Alliance... hm. As much as people keep crying for Sethrak, I'd actually much prefer to see the furbolg of Darkshore take their pound of flesh, using an edited Pandaren base model (trim the fat, emphasize muscle, and put a new head on them, and give them more savage animations to fit their primal culture).
    I'd love Furbolgs for the Pandaren slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherwax View Post
    What I wanna know is wtf are Nathanos and Gallywix doing in the Horde Embassy when they ran away with Sylvanas.

Seriously, it's like Blizzard doesn't even care anymore.
    It's a phasing problem, not actually reflective of how things will be.

They only appear there for new players.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Why not real ogres?
    I feel like they’d be a good expansion selling point to be honest. But mainly because we saw that they had built the Rexxar model as fairly modular.

I'm almost certain we'll get 2 more in 8.3.5, one of them being the good Mogu we meet in 8.3

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I'm almost certain we'll get 2 more in 8.3.5, one of them being the good Mogu we meet in 8.3
    Yeah I'm betting on Ankoan Jinyu and Rajani Mogu for the last pair. Talanji will swoop in to recruit the Rajani after Ra-den dies (to repair Zandalari/Mogu relations, also because they had a similar loss of their leader).

Maybe the Ankoan just have no battles to fight after Azshara (for the time being) and Nzoth are taken care of? Maybe they meet up with the Pearlfin to find inner peace? Maybe they have Anduin and Wrathion go to Pandaria for old times sake.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2019-11-07 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Rajani Mogu may be the last one on Horde (because Zandalari)... so what would the Uldum Accord result in? Tigon? Tolvir?
    The rep would need to come from the expansion it's introduced. They aren't going to use old reps to do it, aside from initial races.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The rep would need to come from the expansion it's introduced. They aren't going to use old reps to do it, aside from initial races.
    Yeah. As we've been talking about here, it's more likely that they will use the Ankoan rep than introduce a new playable Uldum race.

Yeah. As we've been talking about here, it's more likely that they will use the Ankoan rep than introduce a new playable Uldum race.
    I doubt it. Ankoan isn't really related to an Uldum race in the slightest. The rep would have to make sense for the allied race.

I doubt it. Ankoan isn't really related to an Uldum race in the slightest. The rep would have to make sense for the allied race.
    What I mean is that they will revisit the Ankoan rep to use them as the 8.3.5 Alliance AR rather than make an Allied Race that corresponds with the 8.3 rep "Uldum Accord".

It would be a reversal of the 8.3 AR situation: Vulpera were introduced in 8.0, Mechagnomes in 8.2. The Horde AR would be "easier to get" based on it being an older rep. This time it would be Ankoan introduced in 8.2, and Rajani Mogu (for the Horde) being an 8.3 rep. The Alliance AR would be "easier to get" this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why i got feeling, some of Shadowlands races could be intrested to join both factions? Like Kyrians to Alliance and Venthyr to Horde?

What I mean is that they will revisit the Ankoan rep to use them as the 8.3.5 Alliance AR rather than make an Allied Race that corresponds with the 8.3 rep "Uldum Accord".
    Well either way I don't see that happening much. (My opinion) is that Alliance will get something "unique" while Horde gets a reskin/remodel/whatever you want to call it. The reason being is this.

Highmountain - Same as Taurens Void Elves - Same as BE
    Nightborne - Similar to NE Lightforged - Same as Draenei
    Mag'har - Same as Orcs Dark Iron - Same as Dwarves
    Zandalari - Same as Trolls Kul Tirans - Same as Humans
    Vulpera - Unique Mechagnomes - Same as gnomes

If the alliance doesn't get something that is as unique as the Vulpera I could see a lot more uproar than we've seen about Allied Races. Do note that when I same "same as" it's not necessarily the same, but close enough. Zandalari/Kul Tirans are probably the two that are more different than the rest, but it's still a 1:1 on uniqueness. Vulpera tipped the scales in this aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Why i got feeling, some of Shadowlands races could be intrested to join both factions? Like Kyrians to Alliance and Venthyr to Horde?
    Honestly, if the Covenant join as Allied Races (and I'm pretty sure they will) I'd rather see them be neutral. Mainly because Shadowland covenants don't care about your faction, they'd want you more for your anima.

If the alliance doesn't get something that is as unique as the Vulpera I could see a lot more uproar than we've seen about Allied Races. Do note that when I same "same as" it's not necessarily the same, but close enough. Zandalari/Kul Tirans are probably the two that are more different than the rest, but it's still a 1:1 on uniqueness. Vulpera tipped the scales in this aspect.
    Except Ankoan are not just Fishy Night Elves, they are their own race just like Vulpera. They would absolutely work as the Alliance's "Vulpera" equivalent.

The only problem is that Horde gets one more unique race than Alliance if they do Mogu. And I can see Blizzard not giving a shit about that.

Aren't Vulpera just furry goblins (skeleton)?

Sethrak doesn't make sense on alliance considering the zone questlines, maybe they can get the saberon or botani that sneaked into Azeroth via mag'har scenario. I don't play alliance but the reasons they gave for 'not enough high elves' while opening the possibility for all these is dumb.

It's mind boggling we didn't get ogres or mok'nathal on horde yet.

The Nazjatar races are very weak, they'd suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well either way I don't see that happening much. (My opinion) is that Alliance will get something "unique" while Horde gets a reskin/remodel/whatever you want to call it. The reason being is this.

Highmountain - Same as Taurens Void Elves - Same as BE
    Nightborne - Similar to NE Lightforged - Same as Draenei
    Mag'har - Same as Orcs Dark Iron - Same as Dwarves
    Zandalari - Same as Trolls Kul Tirans - Same as Humans
    Vulpera - Unique Mechagnomes - Same as gnomes

Honestly, if the Covenant join as Allied Races (and I'm pretty sure they will) I'd rather see them be neutral. Mainly because Shadowland covenants don't care about your faction, they'd want you more for your anima.
    Unless some invidual personas will be willing to join both factions which actually might make sense.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Well I've been Alliance for 13 years and I very well want Sethrak for Alliance. Precisely because it looks so elegant and classy. That said, if I have to choose between it being playable on Horde side or not playable at all, I'd choose the former. Ideally, Alliance would get Sethrak and Hordes either get Ogres (not because I care about them, but because there are many people who truly want Ogres and I want Blizzard to earn their favour) or some other cool looking bestial race. Though Lightbound Undead seem very likely at this point.
    What's so classy and elegant about Sethrak? What am I actually reading?

10+ Year Old Account
    People keeping saying Sethrak when there is 0% chance that we will get them as an allied race. They do not have the UV mapping/design that is necessary to be compatible with the current armor sets, and Blizzard themselves have said that more exotic/marquee races like that would be reserved for new expansion launches.

And before anyone says 'but vulpera!!!' they were designed with the armor issue in mind and are literally reskinned goblins with bonus tail animations. They are new in the lore sense, but not in the 'under the hood' sense.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Half-Ogres is just my compromise if they're too lazy to do full Ogres, which they have been. Ogres got passed up twice, first by Blood Elves and then Goblins.
    please dont give skoll shorties hope by speaking about his mok'nathol brothers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Why not real ogres?
    they are abit too tall, but making mok'nathal on the kultiran model might work!
    or they could just make ogres on the kultiran model and pull a taurne and say "lore wise they are biger, but for gameplay they have to be this size"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Unless some invidual personas will be willing to join both factions which actually might make sense.
    I don't think they need individual people like the Pandaren do. Their home base would be in the Shadowlands and they are confined there. They can't cross over into the world of Azeroth like the playable character can. So far from what Blizzcon stated no one is aside the playable character (and whoever else they gave the heart to like they did with artifacts).

The unlock line could be doing something tying a character from that race to the living world.

New lore will be implemented to put Shadowlands races onto Azeroth. It's not like Blizz is going to go "aw fuck well we can't change the lore... guess you'll never be able to buy race changes for that highly requested race..."