Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest a cease in response to this obvious distraction from the topic at hand.

Suffice to say, the senate declaring the gubernatorial race's result in opposition to the will of the people because their party didn't like who won would be a gross example of flouting democracy and, as has frequently become the republican mantra these days, putting party over country (or, in this case, state.)

They lost. They're going to continue to lose They need to get over it and either adapt their party to current concerns or die off.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I still think this is not a real thing for Democrats due to the other state wide elections in Kentucky. Sure it is a win but the fact that he did not have a primary means they gave this election away.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    I still think this is not a real thing for Democrats due to the other state wide elections in Kentucky. Sure it is a win but the fact that he did not have a primary means they gave this election away.
    It's a win for the Democrats not because it really changes the power balance in the State. It doesn't, and we know it. It's a win because the Republicans made a big scene about it. They put a lot of money in, they even had Trump there talking about how humiliating it would be if they lost. To do all that and then lose IS a black eye. If they had been quieter about it, it would have been seen more as 'business as usual for Kentucky' than any major thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    These big, showy upsets are fantastic fuel for the democrats in the 2020 election, even if they don't immediately change the balance of power to some great extent.

They send the message to the nation that Trump's bootlickers are being rejected. And, best of all, Fox news can't "cut away" from the fact that a democrat is going to be governor. They can not talk about it (something that's going to be difficult when Trump blows his lid over it) but they can't say it didn't happen, or spin it some other way.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    These big, showy upsets are fantastic fuel for the democrats in the 2020 election, even if they don't immediately change the balance of power to some great extent.

They send the message to the nation that Trump's bootlickers are being rejected. And, best of all, Fox news can't "cut away" from the fact that a democrat is going to be governor. They can not talk about it (something that's going to be difficult when Trump blows his lid over it) but they can't say it didn't happen, or spin it some other way.
    Fox is just going to keep saying it's too close to call until the Kentucky senate overturns democracy and votes for the Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

Oh i agree and its a nice first step for sure i hope that they build upon it as i hate how the Republican party has become. It shows cracks in the armor which is always a plus but building upon it will be very important and i hope the democratic establishment can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Fox is just going to keep saying it's too close to call until the Kentucky senate overturns democracy and votes for the Republican.
    This is pretty much why I was asking in my OP in this thread if it had been confirmed yet. I knew the margin was slim and was sure a recount would be called (which is fine; I'm all for recounts in close elections), but there's no way the GOP are going to hand over Kentucky if they can get away with it. They're going to come up with some bullshit reason to have it decided in the state legislature--which is, of course, deeply GOP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Let's hope it doesn't come to that, and that the new governor fights it every step of the way if they try.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    In the American Revolution, the 20% that revolt beat the will of the 80% by getting support from France and Germany. That's what you do. That's a standard military tactic. If you are the smaller faction, you get foreign help. In the civil war, the Confederacy made multiple attempts to get military help from France. France said no. Had France said yes, the Confederacy wins the civil war. In this upcoming conflict, both Russia and China are pretty much foaming at the mouth to come to the aid of the alt right because they want to kill every democrat in this country really really badly., Probably one of the first things they do is get voting records and find out which americans voted democrat and start lining them up against the wall to shoot them. The democrats have spent YEARS pissing off Russia and China, threatening them, sanctioning them. They want blood. Make no mistake. That's an enemy the democrats made.

The democrats piss off Russia, China and half the US to the point of revolt and think no consequences will ever happen.

Infracted.
    This would make an entertaining movie or TV series. Go pitch it to someone at Showtime or HBO.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

So now because Bevin refuses to concede and sites "irregularities" he refuses to actually name the heavily Republican controlled state congress is saying they should be able to name the Kentucky governor. Instead of having a judge do the recounts like what is suppose to happen the Republicans want to throw away the will of the people and place their own choice in charge. This is exactly why any American with even a shred of decency or real patriotism should vote out Republicans the party of "power above all and party over country."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I don't care about the history, its not relevant. The world today is not the same as hundreds of years ago. Transport, communication and warfare have changed. So with respect, what the fuck?
    I don't care if you don't care, seeing as how I wasn't speaking to you, unless you are Kokolums and accidentally posts on this account. So either you care about history enough to use it to make a point, or you don't and therefore stop referencing history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    The colonists win because England gave up. They couldn't effectively cover the large stretch of land and money was running out. This is also after a costly ear with France. Know your history man.
    The American Revolutionary War effectively turned into a world war after a certain point. It wasn't just the French helping us against the British; the Spanish and the Dutch joined in, too, though the French provided the most assistance.

They all saw it as a chance to take Britain down a peg.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    So now because Bevin refuses to concede and sites "irregularities" he refuses to actually name the heavily Republican controlled state congress is saying they should be able to name the Kentucky governor. Instead of having a judge do the recounts like what is suppose to happen the Republicans want to throw away the will of the people and place their own choice in charge. This is exactly why any American with even a shred of decency or real patriotism should vote out Republicans the party of "power above all and party over country."
    Realistically speaking, even should Beshear be sworn in the Kentucky GOP may move to neuter the position considering they hold both houses of the state legislature - so his impact on policy might be minimal. Why this election matters has more to do with why Doug Jones winning in Alabama matters; they are public rejections of the Trumpian view that party should be a shield for despicable behavior.

It also does show that even in "red" states, activist Democratic energy can still be harnessed. Though McConnell is still the favourite to win, it's important to note he's almost as unpopular as Bevin is and Amy McGrath is absolutely crushing him in the funding race - so this election might be a sign that McConnell is going to have to fight to hold his seat.

And this timeline is just ironic enough that it could very well happen that Trump squeaks by on an electoral college victory but McConnell ends up losing his seat to a Democrat. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I don't care if you don't care, seeing as how I wasn't speaking to you, unless you are Kokolums and accidentally posts on this account. So either you care about history enough to use it to make a point, or you don't and therefore stop referencing history.
    My bad, I thought you quoted me and it felt entirely irrelevant (which it was since you werent quoting me!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    IRREGULARITIES!

What irregularities?

IRREGULARITIES!

Ok...so where are they, then?

IRREGULARITIES!

Are...are you alright?

IRREGULARITIES!

I suggest seeing a doctor if you're irregular.
    Russians didn't throw enough votes their way

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Is nobody going mention the fact that the democrats just elected a convicted pedophile in virginia? I mean they lectured on here for 4 years about Ray Moore who lost then went and actually voted this guy in. No credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Is nobody going mention the fact that the democrats just elected a convicted pedophile in virginia? I mean they lectured on here for 4 years about Ray Moore who lost then went and actually voted this guy in. No credibility.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Beshear

Cite your source or you should be banned for conspiracy theory, t*, and derailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post

Cite your source or you should be banned for conspiracy theory, t*, and derailing.
    I can't find anything. I would say just report him.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post

Sorry I forgot where I was posting, must hold your hand because you don't actual pay attention to facts like Kentucky elects Democrat Governor democrats also lose every other race in the state, story on page 49. Even Snopes has to kind of admit it, beware it's totally cringe but represents the Democratic party well. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/na...son-candidate/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I can't find anything. I would say just report him.
    For what, hes self admitted. I know you have google, the story is true. This is the democratic party, well that and the party of the 40 Trillion dollar free healthcare for all. Thanks Liz.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-11-08 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Sorry I forgot where I was posting, must hold your hand because you don't actual pay attention to facts like Kentucky elects Democrat Governor democrats also lose every other race in the state, story on page 49. Even Snopes has to kind of admit it, beware it's totally cringe but represents the Democratic party well. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/na...son-candidate/
    Nathan Larson isn't a Democrat...