Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    But... aren't there black humans NPC in the Alliance already?

BTW regardless of where the culture of the race is inspired, it does not mean that they will also look like their RL counterpart.
    Yeah, but currently the black and asian humans look far more like modern humans than the supposed 'white' humans, which look like neanderthals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, but currently the black and asian humans look far more like modern humans than the supposed 'white' humans, which look like neanderthals.
    I assume we will get more faces, so even the white humans will have a more modern look.

Also when it comes to the "neanderthal" look, even though is weird, is not like every human in wow look like this, at least not in novels and/or comics

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shuya1 View Post
    Edit-
    Something that bugs me (with or without Frostborn) is the Wildhammer skins using the dwarven heritage armor. Just feels wrong, lol.
    I agree, IMHO they should add a new Alliance mount (no race specific) of a Gryphon with all the Wildhammer stuff on it (Falstad style) and an armor with the Wildhammer feel to it, even if those things are not race specific, it will at least let WH Fans to go full with that race and have their unique looks

Yes, because space goat people, fire magic and dragons are known to exist in the Warcraft universe because Blizzard built them into it.

Other than a throwaway npc, black and asian humans do not since WoW humans look like neanderthals and their culture is inspired by European medieval culture, just like Tauren culture is inspired by Native American culture, and Zandalari by Aztec/Mayan/Incan, etc.

Doesn't mean it's a problem, but they could at least take all of five minutes to say "Yes they exist now and they hail from these lands." Instead of just going "Yeah they exist now because it's 2019 and we need you to be able to self-insert."
    they already gave the justification, i linked it earlier. they were an independent group of humans from stranglethorn.

the only ones that we don't know the origin of are asians, but that could be chalked up to the curse of flesh just causing changes. but there was an asian face in wow prior to the model update, there was a guy in stormwind that had it called "woo ping". the origin of an asian name is much harder to explain than facial features(could have been influenced by pandaren travelers over the years).

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Are you saying that in medieval Europe there were no blacks?
    exceptionally rare in northern europe, less rare in southern europe.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2019-11-07 at 05:17 PM.

I assume we will get more faces, so even the white humans will have a more modern look.

Also when it comes to the "neanderthal" look, even though is weird, is not like every human in wow look like this, at least not in novels and/or comics
    True, but ingame humans up until now have looked kinda gorilla-ish, not much like you and I. Maybe they'll add more normal faces for the lighter-skinned humans, too. I guess it's too early to tell.

Mainly hyped to see what customization options Draenei will have other than the longer tail options.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they already gave the justification, i linked it earlier. they were an independent group of humans from stranglethorn.
    Is this from Blizzard giving a reason for it now, or is it just from the lore supposedly having darker skinned humans?
    I mean, I'm aware of the lore having humans from Uldum and Tanaris, but those are more Arabian.
    But honestly, just something like that: "they are from here" or "from there" is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

the only ones that we don't know the origin of are asians, but that could be chalked up to the curse of flesh just causing changes. but there was an asian face in wow prior to the model update, there was a guy in stormwind that had it called "woo ping". the origin of an asian name is much harder to explain that facial features.

exceptionally rare in northern europe, less rare in southern europe.
    If you talk about the areas that were not romanized, you have a point, but in Britain there were black Romans!
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...day-mary-beard

but the "barbarian" peoples like the Vikings were not part of medieval society were external agents that eventually joined the culture of Western civilization

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if we will get Amani and Drakkari trolls customization? Or Frostborn Dwarves?

True, but ingame humans up until now have looked kinda gorilla-ish, not much like you and I. Maybe they'll add more normal faces for the lighter-skinned humans, too. I guess it's too early to tell.

Mainly hyped to see what customization options Draenei will have other than the longer tail options.

Is this from Blizzard giving a reason for it now, or is it just from the lore supposedly having darker skinned humans?
    I mean, I'm aware of the lore having humans from Uldum and Tanaris, but those are more Arabian.
    But honestly, just something like that: "they are from here" or "from there" is enough.
    makasa appears in traveler, she is from stranglethorn

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    makasa appears in traveler, she is from stranglethorn
    Alright. I appreciate that.

I don't tend to read the external stuff much.

Alright. I appreciate that.

I don't tend to read the external stuff much.
    well now the discussion about the origin of dark skinned humans can be closed

10+ Year Old Account
    I am aware they are in the game, just dont; know where they came from. Also those names, yikes :P

Not a fan of those new human faces.

Who likes to play a fantasy game as a human?

Yikes...
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully more extravagants horn types, details on the Hooves (like metal bearings and some decorations, i mean... if i can't use most shoes, at least let me costumize my hooves) and tattoos..... (and freckles, mainly for the female ones ty)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    Who likes to play a fantasy game as a human?
    Even though i do agree a lot with this statement, in wow, there's a detail...

Plate armor looks way too good on humans males.

Hopefully more extravagants horn types, details on the Hooves (like metal bearings and some decorations, i mean... if i can't use most shoes, at least let me costumize my hooves) and tattoos..... (and freckles, mainly for the female ones ty)
    I also hope they give regular Draenei larger horns. Part of me fears they won't because Lightforged already got them.
    More exotic, sharp facial features would also be welcome.

I think they said Draeneï would have more jewelry in their hair also. Which I dig. But bigger horns are definitively a must. Especially for males, who have rather small crests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    I think they said Draeneï would have more jewelry in their hair also. Which I dig. But bigger horns are definitively a must. Especially for males, who have rather small crests right now.
    I honestly just want to be able to create a Draenei fairly similar to this

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Did they mention whether an upright stance is possible for Forsaken ?
    boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Yes. I hope they will keep it that the Seven Kingdoms of Men in the Eastern Kingdoms are largely based on European Humans and that communities of black and asian looking humans living in Stormwind for example, have migrated there from their own countries, places we just don't know yet.

I for one would like it to see for example an african civilization based on Kingdom of Kush somewhere in the Warcraft world. Or a kingdom that is based on one of the kingdoms of India from our world. So i hope they keep that way open.

So far it just looks like a change to please the diversity crowd, no matter if it makes any sense or not. And yes, i agree when it comes to the fantasy races. They're done better than humans in that regard.
    Stranglethorn has black humans, mostly people who settled in the general Booty Bay area before the area was overrun by trolls and then reclaimed by the goblins. They mostly seem to be pirates and sailors, vaguely West African-ish.
    Makasa was born as the fourth child of Marjani Flintwill, captain of the pirate ship Makemba of the Blackwater Raiders. Her other brothers were Adashe, Akashinga, whom she liked the most, and Amahle with whom she used to fight by tickling until she no longer was ticklish. They had four different fathers but none of them took care, so Marjani acted as mother and father. The four siblings were raised aboard the ship instead of inland. As such, Makasa came to know Booty Bay like the back of her hand, knew how to work on ship and fight at an early age. Marjani was especially tough on her daughter because she saw herself in her youngest and she thought that her only daughter could one day rule the Raiders.
    I would actually like to see more diversity in human kingdoms and cultures. In Southern Kalimdor you already have the Arab/Amazigh-based Wastewander bandits, which a lot of roleplayers expanded the lore of, creating the "Tanari tribes". Lorewise, it wouldn't be too far of a stretch for humans to have sailed to and from Southern Kalimdor or other places in the South Seas, so African, Middle Eastern, North African and Asian humans don't seem super out of place.

Really, I've always kind of been disappointed in how homogenized all the races outside of orcs and tauren are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly just want to be able to create a Draenei fairly similar to this
    Funny enough, we both were thinking on the same types of images when talking about Draenei

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    No thanks. Blood Elves are the High Elves now. Blizzard already said this.
    They always were.

I don't know why people have trouble with this fucking concept. Blood elves just call themselves that. They are a political faction, they are not a different race from High Elves; their eyes only changed colors because of a magical ritual which has fuck-all to do with their race. You have to be a certain level of derp to think that someone with green eyes is a wholly different species than someone with blue eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Stranglethorn has black humans, mostly people who settled in the general Booty Bay area before the area was overrun by trolls and then reclaimed by the goblins. They mostly seem to be pirates and sailors, vaguely West African-ish.

I would actually like to see more diversity in human kingdoms and cultures. In Southern Kalimdor you already have the Arab/Amazigh-based Wastewander bandits, which a lot of roleplayers expanded the lore of, creating the "Tanari tribes". Lorewise, it wouldn't be too far of a stretch for humans to have sailed to and from Southern Kalimdor or other places in the South Seas, so African, Middle Eastern, North African and Asian humans don't seem super out of place.

Really, I've always kind of been disappointed in how homogenized all the races outside of orcs and tauren are.
    Tanaris humans have even their own caliph !!
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Caliph_Scorpidsting