Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    @DotEleven, perhaps it could go further back. Arthas was still young when he took on the mantle of Lich King. The lies so far have been told about the Lich King: 1. There must always be one. I always thought that if there was no Lich King we could finally just wipe the scourge off the face of Azeroth, without more being brought back. 2. Bound to the throne, like u said the Lich King isnt bound to the Throne. Is there already a 3rd out there or one yet to come?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    And as stated above the Fall of Night Elves showing Sylvanas' true face.
    I'm skeptical about it. I don't see "the fall of night" as a direct reference to Teldrassil or the Night Elves. A reference to Elune, the moon and her double-faced is more likely in my book.

the Boy King turns out to be BOLVAR
    No way in hell. Bolvar's not a boy. Anduin is the one constantly called like that. There's no association whatsoever between that statement and the Lich King.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppets View Post
    @DotEleven, perhaps it could go further back. Arthas was still young when he took on the mantle of Lich King. The lies so far have been told about the Lich King: 1. There must always be one. I always thought that if there was no Lich King we could finally just wipe the scourge off the face of Azeroth, without more being brought back. 2. Bound to the throne, like u said the Lich King isnt bound to the Throne. Is there already a 3rd out there or one yet to come?
    Again, Boy King and Lich King is a terribly awful and forced association. Especially since 1) the elimination of the Lich King as an entity indeed caused a mess of cosmological proportions and 2) "Bound to the throne" was clearly more figurative than literally having one's ass glued to the Frozen Throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    The Maw is where all the baddest people go, and Shadowland shit needs Anima to operate. Clearly the Old God souls are putting a disproportionate burden on the system and causing the Maw to steal souls for their anima from every other zone. Once we defeat the Jailer, all the prisoners will finally be free. This was the plan all along.
    This would actually be pretty smart and cool if true. Only thing that doesn't add up is that Sylvanas is supposedly redirecting all the Anima there to empower herself and however her boss is, not because Old Gods' souls are too much a burden on the system.

Anyway, I'd like story going somewhere along those lines. It'd do wonders in making the Old Gods feel scary again.

Now now, don't worry about those whispers anymore, with Ilgynoth and N'zoth dead, they are meaningless now! See, just ignore the bad things the whispers are trying to tell you and believe in peace. Everything will be fine.... this is fine.

Jokes aside, I do think if they keep the voicelines Magni is supposed to say at the end of 8.3, we can safely assume that he is being bamboozled in a major way. Magni can't actually be that naive after so many Ilgynoth lines came 'true' and he has more to say while we kill him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I'm skeptical about it. I don't see "the fall of night" as a direct reference to Teldrassil or the Night Elves. A reference to Elune, the moon and her double-faced is more likely in my book.

No way in hell. Bolvar's not a boy. Anduin is the one constantly called like that. There's no association whatsoever between that statement and the Lich King.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, Boy King and Lich King is a terribly awful and forced association. Especially since 1) the elimination of the Lich King as an entity indeed caused a mess of cosmological proportions and 2) "Bound to the throne" was clearly more figurative than literally having one's ass glued to the Frozen Throne.
    Although Bolvar himself is not a boy, he is new to the throne which makes him a young king. Like I said, if we take BOTH quotes into consideration, it makes sense for it to be Bolvar. Especially if we consider "His crown will open the way" referencing the same person as Ilgynoth and Ogmots boy king.

Although, I do like the fact that you want to take "Boy king" literally but "Fall of night" being the slaughter of night elves is too on the nose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    I guess it's more the Night sky of Icecrown shattering into the Maw
    Nah, the burning of Teldrassil. Think about it. Revealing her true face for a split second where instead of just taking control of Teldrassil she decided to burn it down showing that her true motive the entire time is bringing ruin. She then quickly returns to her facade "Oh, I never thought it would turn out like that".

Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    No, they just changed the plot and are using "the whispers are unreliable" as an excuse.
    Since when is that a change of plot? That is part of the plot, not a change of it. And btw, I thought I made it quite clear that I think Magni is the one who is unreliable here, more than the whispers. And I think they did, too.

We know nothing for certain and they don't owe us certainty. I even think they owe us uncertainty, because that makes us guess more and doesn't tell us all in advance, to the point where we know the story is going to go anyway. "Unreliable narrators" is a lot better for that than the word of every being on Azeroth being the absolute and objective truth. Now that would be a shit story, if I've ever seen one ^^

"N'Zoth whispers: I alone can save you from what is to come."

This one is the most interesting honestly.

N'Zoth whispers: The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all.
    This particular quote could be literal, or not. It could be speaking about Azshara and Sylvanas' deal. Azshara has many titles (and even a temple in Azsuna) that deal with light, and she made a bargain with Sylvanas. Sylvanas considers herself death itself. Death is the "enemy of all" the other beings, but Sylvanas is literally everyone's enemy at the moment as well.

Here are Azshara's titles.

Queen of the Naga
    Empress of Nazjatar
    Her Radiance
    The Light Beneath the Tides
    Queen Beneath the Tides
    Queen of Tides
    Queen of the Kaldorei Empire
    Cherished Heart of the People
    Daughter of the Moon
    Flower of Life
    Flower of the Moon
    Glory of Our People
    Her Glory
    Light of Lights
    Light of the Moon
    Light of a Thousand Moons
    The Queen Born of Stars
    Radiance of the Moon
    The Vainglorious
    Vision of Perfection
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

N'Zoth whispers: The fall of night reveals her true face. She will bring only ruin.

Basically confirms Slyvannas is nothing but evil, theres no illidan greater good at work here. I look forward to killing her in 9.1

Next expac is totally the black empire when we come back from shadowlands.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Uu%27nat#Quotes

He warned us, bros, but we didn't listen.

N'Zoth whispers: Six seats at the high table. Six mouths that hunger. One will consume all others.
    N'Zoth whispers: She is not the last, but the first. Drown her and you will see.
    N'Zoth whispers: The veil wanes. His crown will open the way.
    N'Zoth whispers: I alone can save you from what is to come.
    N'Zoth whispers: It grows hungrier... bolder. Alas, your eyes are closed.
    N'Zoth whispers: When the arrow finds its mark, the last fetter will fall away.
    N'Zoth whispers: The fall of night reveals her true face. She will bring only ruin.
    N'Zoth whispers: He gave himself to the deep places. He gave himself to me.
    About halfway through it becomes an AFI song and I'm ok with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    "Unreliable narrators" is a lot better for that than the word of every being on Azeroth being the absolute and objective truth.^
    Technically true, but I think unreliable narrators are overrated. Done well, certainly, it can be its own payoff, but done poorly and "unreliable narrator" is just an excuse to never be consistent about your story. A story can never have payoff if the setup changes by the time you get to it, and that's consistently been a problem in World of Warcraft.

For the most part, the whispers have seemed to be true, and that's probably for a different narrative reason: the law of conservation of detail. Having N'Zoth and his minions spouting random nonsense at us is a waste of the writer's time, let alone the audience's. Unfortunately, they also have kept most of them vague enough to be pretty much impossible to figure out ahead of time.

A few have been obvious, like Magni being the king of diamonds. And quite a few people caught onto the Death thing, though none of us knew any details (and unless there's still a big secret in 8.3, I'm really disappointed in N'Zoth apparently knowing about this but failing to actually do anything but jump in front of the crosshairs).

Quite a few of the rest still seem frustratingly vague though, and I wonder if Blizzard expected us to be more confident on some of them by now. I feel like the boy-king should be obvious by now, but it really isn't. Anduin's the obvious guess and they keep having characters call him the boy-king, they even had Sylvanas say he lied to his people, but that lie was more a philosophical disagreement about war rather than an actual lie, so it keeps it super vague or meaningless even if it is Anduin.

So far, it doesn't make sense to be him, at least in any meaningful way. He's been wearing his goals on his sleeve since the beginning, and Blizzard has some good reasons to be honest about that character arc. If he's secretly serving the Void Lords or the Jailer, he's done a pretty poor job of it, because he's in a position to further their goals and has passed those opportunities by.

The Light making a deal with the enemy of all is still an interesting quote. I don't think it means that "the Light was evil all along" because they did a decent job of showing why the Light and Void have their ambiguity. However, aside from the oft-cited resurrection of Calia, we haven't seen the Light interacting with other powers, so I don't know what this will entail. That particular case doesn't really tell us anything.

I do think Elune has a good chance of finally making an appearance. In Legion, Elune took Ysera's soul, giving her a connection to death we hadn't seen so directly before. It was also visualized as Ysera becoming a constellation, and Blizzard made a point of the Ardenweald's trees forming a canopy that resembles a starry sky. The Shadowlands stuff would also explain why Elune "abandoned" her people, but empowered Tyrande when she asked for justice. If she's bound by the same rules as everyone else, then she is just as powerless as the other Shadowlands entities in preventing souls from ending up in the Maw. On the other hand, this wouldn't stop her from granting powers to people who are still living to get revenge for it.

I won't go as far as to say that Elune is the Winter Queen, but I think there's a good chance that she's going to end up relevant to the entities of the Shadowlands. This might be good for her, too. There's been fear for a long time that the night elves are going to get kicked while they're down again by revealing their goddess is secretly something weak or evil, but Elune doesn't appear to be the Jailer, and she isn't associated with the Light, so she may end up being the last good thing in this mess despite having "dark" imagery.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2019-11-07 at 09:52 PM.

Maybe. But what we know from his quotes, N'zoth knew this would happen. He told us it would.

Of course, I have now deciphered the entire plot. Why the Titans decided to not kill the Old Gods in the end, even though mortals with swords could do it just fine which implies that rock people with swords could do it.

The Maw is where all the baddest people go, and Shadowland shit needs Anima to operate. Clearly the Old God souls are putting a disproportionate burden on the system and causing the Maw to steal souls for their anima from every other zone. Once we defeat the Jailer, all the prisoners will finally be free. This was the plan all along.
    Wow that’s actually brilliant. Though I believe only mortals souls enter the Shadowlands and Old Gods do not qualify.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2019-11-07 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Wow that’s actually brilliant. Though I believe only mortals souls enter the Shadowlands and Old Gods do not qualify.
    This can be seen as true with from a recent Q&A.
    The Shadowlands is specifically made for mortal beings. Demons souls do not go there.
    Shadowlands is for Mortals only. Old Gods aren't mortals. There is another Q&A later on where they say that Old Gods could go to an area like we go to the Shadowlands, but that still infers they don't go to the Shadowlands itself, they'd have their own Old God specific afterlife.

The veil wanes. His crown will open the way.

Bolvar and the Helm indeed. Yes, I am mister obvious.

Six seats at the high table. High tells us it is something significant. The 6 cosmic powers. Death will consume all.

All in all N'Zoth told us that death is bad and if we kill him, no one will stand in Death's way. Most of the whispers are about Sylvanas and Death. The arrow one as well. Sylvanas' arrow putting Bolvar in place, so she could remove the last "chain".

I think blizzard has done good with these.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-11-08 at 02:22 AM.

Didn't N'zoth also whisper "The queen threatens the king." at some point? Couldn't find the quote just now, but I'm sure several people had already thought that this might be about the Lich King and Sylvanas when we first heard/read it. Most just thought that this was about BfA and so thought it was about Sylvanas/Anduin. How wrong we were!

10+ Year Old Account
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Uu%27nat#Quotes

He warned us, bros, but we didn't listen.
    who is the last quote about?

also damn, you are right.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

N'Zoth whispers: Six seats at the high table. Six mouths that hunger. One will consume all others.

The four lords of the shadowlands. Plus the Jailer in the Maw and Helya, (with Sylvannas as their lieutenant.)

N'Zoth whispers: She is not the last, but the first. Drown her and you will see.

Azshara joining N'Zoth

Sargeras' / Kil'Jaedin's / Ner'zhul's Helm of Domination

The Maw / The Jailer

Bolvar being the last guardian, Sylvannas striking him down.

The Light creating a cycle of life and death. The Dream in balance with The Shadowlands.1

Elune

Sargeras

Mass Effect was right. Elune was a Reaper this entire time.

Factions in the shadowlands? Old gods? We have 4 actual old gods on azeroth + G'huun... If we truly count G'huun, that would leave a mysterious sixth old god. What if the maw is an old god that had found a way into the shadowlands? Maybe he is imprisoned / used in a way and he found a way to to break free (as usual of old gods) and it is what has been the root of many problems.

I got no idea for this one. Who the hell do we consider to be the last...

Hopening of the shadowlands using the helm of domination of course.

Can't deal with death wrecking havoc if old god brings you in the nether or whatever is the old god afterlife

Death / the maw / the possible old god in shadowlands.

This seems highly symbolic... Or something that will be really clear once we actually see it. Maybe Sylvanas's remaining val'kyrs will die when she achieve her true objective?

Light(Elune?) struct a bargain with either Sylvanas, Death or old gods.

Could be Sylvanas, but I'm more inclined to believe it is Elune. The night warrior's might be a bad thing and that will lead the night elves to either the night elves or us all.

Deathwing? Wrathion? Someone we do not know is on N'Zoth side yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalarm View Post

I got no idea for this one. Who the hell do we consider to be the last...?
    "The Final Titan.." (Azeroth)
    -Wrathion, MoP legendary questline