Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Another interesting quote from the Arthas novel. Care to remember humans are the driving force of the alliance.

“You may not care for your subjects, but I care for mine. I have lost far, far too much in dealing with humans. I stand only for the elves now - for the sin'dorei. The children of the blood.”
    — Kael encountering Arthas
    That’s a great point-out from his expedition that made the San’layn. I loved that book, and I’d be really curious to know how he feels about those Lordaeronian humans that stood up for the Blood Elves in the Ghostlands and stuck their necks out in Orgrimmar to have Kael’s people join them in the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tharivor View Post
    ...obviously Void Elves can't precisely participate in that, but my point is just because players can't interact doesn't mean in that the races can't interact in lore.
    I’d initially named this post “Kael and the Ren’dorei” and in retrospect probably shouldn’t have broadened that scope.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

If they invalidate basically everything he did in Burning Crusade by saying the fel crystal mind controlled him I will be pretty darn salty. I don't know why people have an obsession with trying to pull him back towards being a good guy.

You stop being "the rightful heir to Quel'Thalas" when you steal their means of survival and ally with the Burning Legion. Even if he says "Aww, I'm totes sorry about that" I do not want him back.

One might say that would be quite the setback for the lore of the elves.

(Though all the talk about the ren'dorei make me think it would be pretty hilarious for him to praise them for "doing what needs to be done" and shame the blood elves for kicking them out.)
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-11-08 at 12:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    If they invalidate basically everything he did in Burning Crusade by saying the fel crystal mind controlled him I will be pretty darn salty. I don't know why people have an obsession with trying to pull him back towards being a good guy.

You stop being "the rightful heir to Quel'Thalas" when you steal their means of survival and ally with the Burning Legion. Even if he says "Aww, I'm totes sorry about that" I do not want him back.

One might say that would be quite the setback for the lore of the elves.

(Though all the talk about the ren'dorei make me think it would be pretty hilarious for him to praise them for "doing what needs to be done" and shame the blood elves for kicking them out.)
    Admitting you were wrong is part of the step towards redemption. If he cares about getting it. That includes dangerous magic and an alliance with demons trying to kill everyone. It's will be just the same with the void elves and their powers.

Shadowlands won't fix the character assassination from TBC.
    And i don't get why he isn't in the maw considering what he's done.

Kael'thas aligned with the Legion. Fuck 'im.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Shadowlands won't fix the character assassination from TBC.
    And i don't get why he isn't in the maw considering what he's done.
    It's about potential to do better. Not just the crimes you committed. It's easy to argue he just lost his mind over the fel juice and would have never acted like this without it.

It's about potential to do better. Not just the crimes you committed. It's easy to argue he just lost his mind over the fel juice and would have never acted like this without it.
    But then it's going to be like that for ever character. Kael has less excuses than Arthas, who picked up frostmourne "just" to get revenge on the Scourge.
    TBC lore should be forgotten. It's going to be Legion all over again when they whitewashed Illidan.

Kael'thas of all people is very, very unlikely to be a bridge to peace with the alliance

Arthas is in the Maw despite the same shit happening to him. Kael started acting like an asshat after he lost his Sunwell fix, and Arthas was consumed by his quest that he started doing bad shit too. However, neither of what they did before they went under compares to what they did afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Arthas is in the Maw despite the same shit happening to him. Kael started acting like an asshat after he lost his Sunwell fix, and Arthas was consumed by his quest that he started doing bad shit too. However, neither of what they did before they went under compares to what they did afterward.
    Arthas stole souls to create more undeath, tried to turn the whole world into a scourge army, genocided 2 kingdoms and tried with a 3rd. Cmon now. We both know he did much worse.

Also just like Sylvanas, whose crimes in wotlk were laughable at that point, he and characters like garrosh would never admit they did wrong. Girl went to the Maw regardless. That's the most important factor.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Kael'thas of all people is very, very unlikely to be a bridge to peace with the alliance
    Why not? I don't get this. The Alliance of WoW had nothing to do with Garithos. However Kael, just like Alleria hates the Horde for what they did to Quel Thalas. And if i remember well, he wanted to end the Orcs for good instead of putting them in camps.

Why not? I don't get this. The Alliance of WoW had nothing to do with Garithos. However Kael, just like Alleria hates the Horde for what they did to Quel Thalas. And if i remember well, he wanted to end the Orcs for good instead of putting them in camps.
    Rommath told him about the partnership with the horde and he seems to be fine with it. Now please stop using kael'thas as your straw for playable alliance aligned Quel'thalas. I'm getting tired of it. The highelf mega thread is where you should go.

Arthas stole souls to create more undeath, tried to turn the whole world into a scourge army, genocided 2 kingdoms and tried with a 3rd. Cmon now. We both know he did much worse.
    Kael fucked two planets. That makes him worse. It's extremely hard to believe that after using living things for mana, joining Illidan, and then Kil'Jaeden that he killed less people than Arthas. Makes absolutely no sense.

Also just like Sylvanas, whose crimes in wotlk were laughable at that point, he and characters like garrosh would never admit they did wrong. Girl went to the Maw regardless. That's the most important factor.
    Sylvanas being in the Maw was a sloppy retcon at worst, and went straight to the Jailer to make a deal at best. Besides, we see a clear personality change with Arthas after Frostmorne was shattered. It's not definite that he would have never admitted.

Btw. Kael mocked the horde for poorly dealing with fel magic. Ironic enough. That was how he started the argument about the camps.

Now Listen closely. Apart from the Windrunner sisters and their covenant meatshields. No elf cares anymore what the old horde did. They are a group of exiles and extremists outnumbered by the majority of the kingdom.

Rommath told him about the partnership with the horde and he seems to be fine with it. Now please stop using kael'thas as your straw for playable alliance aligned Quel'thalas. I'm getting tired of it. The highelf mega thread is where you should go.
    We don't know his reaction about it.
    Stop with the insult just because you are a diehard Horde fan doesn't mean that we are like you because we disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    I was actually thinking earlier today how I wanted to see Kael and Umbric interact, since they are both pragmatic mages who made deals with shadowy powers to protect their people. I am not sure how that could happen though, since I do not think Umbric will even play a role in Shadowlands, but it would be an interesting meeting nonetheless.

I like the idea of Kael validating Alleria's claim to the throne too. I still think Silvermoon should have been a warfront, with the Alliance invading the city in an attempt to put Alleria on the throne.
    Let's not give another insane windrunner a kingdom. We already had an entire expansion about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Kael fucked two planets. That makes him worse. It's extremely hard to believe that after using living things for mana, joining Illidan, and then Kil'Jaeden that he killed less people than Arthas. Makes absolutely no sense.

Sylvanas being in the Maw was a sloppy retcon at worst, and went straight to the Jailer to make a deal at best. Besides, we see a clear personality change with Arthas after Frostmorne was shattered. It's not definite that he would have never admitted.
    Outland was already fucked. And in Quel Danas he just died without achieving too much. His body count is tiny in comparison to Sylvanas Garrosh and Arthas.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't know his reaction about it.
    Stop with the insult just because you are a diehard Horde fan doesn't mean that we are like you because we disagree with you.
    No we aren't and shouldn't be alike. But you should let go of alliance aligned elves for good. Blizzard told you "no" many times enough.

Outland was already fucked. And in Quel Danas he just died without achieving too much. His body count is tiny in comparison to Sylvanas Garrosh and Arthas.

- - - Updated - - -

No we aren't and shouldn't be alike. But you should let go of alliance aligned elves for good. Blizzard told you "no" many times enough.
    I don't know what's your obsession with high elves. Find one post where i talk about high elves. Just because i said that i disagree about Kael prefering Horde over Alliance you went crazy and insinuated something about me which a/ has nothing to do with the topic, and b/ is completely wrong on top of it.

fel doesn't make you act the way kael'thas acted.

it gives you inclinations towards chaotic behavior, but you're not forced to do anything. you do evil as a fel user, you made that choice yourself, whether it was coerced or not.

I don't know what's your obsession with high elves. Find one post where i talk about high elves. Just because i said that i disagree about Kael prefering Horde over Alliance you went crazy and insinuated something about me which a/ has nothing to do with the topic, and b/ is completely wrong on top of it.
    Going by the intentions of the OP and how users are reacting. It's just another high elf topic on disguise. On the first page alone.