Poll: full T1

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Post Do you have full T1?

Just curious at what pace raiders are gearing. I know druids having no problem getting set pieces because they are so rare. Next i think shamans (I am being the one). Who s next?

I don't even have full pre bis

it was easy on my lock, full t1 and 2 piece t2. never any locks in raids.

I have 5 pieces of T1, but I'm a druid so T1 is garbage for me.

I'm 6/8 last week didn't drop any bits I needed, next raid is this sunday, I just need the legs and chest of might.

my bro is 7/8 shaman tier, I think he just needs the belt.

My highest character is level 38 so, no.

Our two raiding druids have got to be close, both have both available pieces of t2 and a bunch of t1. I have Benediction (which I cared about most of anything pre-Naxx so I ain't even mad) but 0/8 t1 because I'm up against at minimum 5-6 other priests. Other than our druids, I don't think any of our raiders are even close. We're passing all the warrior t1 to our 3 main tanks at this point but drops have been all over the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Not that T1 is even that good for a lot of classes. There are blues that are better for almost every slot for Warlocks (bracers and... yeah i dunno, being an exception).

I'm not full t1, purposely not bidding on them because they aren't that great, only a couple of pieces are decent and it's only for PVP.
    Ele/Resto shaman.
    Edit Signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of T1 is pretty bad, only seen two pieces of paladin loot, got gloves, replaced them with dungeon loot
    /s

Think it's like Nightslayer, Giantstalker, Might gloves and 3 piece Arcanist worth having.

meh i want the 8 piece set bonus of might, 15% more threat generated by sunder armor, when ppl forgot what aggro is, yes please, more threat is exactly what i need, lets look at t2, 30 attack power added to battleshout, great, i don't have imp battleshout, next, 5 rage reduction on offensive abilities, great, more attacks, more threat. can't get that till p3 though.

I think i'm not wrong for going for this set, i'm not a fury tank i'm a regular tank i think my talents are 8/0/43. threat is very touchy so if there is a setbonus that is going to make me generate more threat ill take that.

I can see some sets are not super great for the niche you're rolled into, healer tier sets with damage and healing instead of just healing. its the set bonuses you want though. some of them are nice to have and will ofc help with progression.

looking at the setbonuses

rogues can probably stop at the 5 peice because the 8 peice 500 heal on vanish is kinda weak, but improved vanish and vigor are a dps increase.

druids seem to get their best setbonus for the 8 peice, 50% cooldown reduction on tranquillity. not great but also not really terrible either to have the cooldown on your aoe heal cut in half.

shamans, increased totem range. mana regained from spell casts and the 8 peice set bonus turns healing wave into a second chain heal and this is not good? ok then :/

priests get 0.1 second off flash heal, 2% crit and the 8 peice bonus adds 25% crit to prayer of healing.

warlocks seem to have rather lack luster setbonuses although at least the first bonus is life drain increase as they are always life tapping, mages get 15% threat reduction, and hunters can also probably stop at 5 piece for the resistances.

in some cases you'd be better off using some off-set pieces that have crit hit or attack power/ damage + healing spells. but for some classes the set bonuses are quite powerful. compared to just stacking stats.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-11-08 at 08:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm dps warrior so no.
    Starting to get some t1 since I OT a bit and will get t2 head since its badass for Pvp.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the sets aren't worth completing, from a PvE perspective.

PvP wise they're some of the best pieces currently available, and some of the set bonuses aren't bad either for it.

Might is pretty trash and you'll get more threat from wearing offensive in most of the shit slots as opposed to getting 15% more threat from sunder lol.

I have ironfoe, so i get extra rage when it procs, we have about 5 or so dps warriors so, yeah that would be great having like 10 warriors passing on the tanking set and having everyone bid on the dps pieces. that would totally work and you won't be running molten core for years trying to collect these niche drops. on all 10 warriors.

i think the elitism is getting to the point that its taken over ppls egos, YOU CAN'T DO IT THAT WAY ONLY MY WAY IS THE RIGHT WAY ALL OTHER WAYS ARE THE CASUAL SCRUB LORD WAY.

call me scrubby mc casual lord then. at least i'm getting gear and bosses are dying. I can't complain. i'm gunna wear my full t1 until i replace it with the 5 peice of t2.

i'm tanking in tanking gear so that the dps warriors, the players you know who are specced to do dps, get the dps gear. that way I don't take much damage, being the tank, and the dps actually do good dps, because they got the gear they need to do it, because the tanks aren't bidding on their gear as well.

ill collect dps gear for min bid or half bid when no one else wants it. or ill wait for phase 4 and farm a dps set out of zg. I only tank, i have no interest in changing spec or pvp or running dungeons, just raiding is all i do. all i need to do is hold aggro and take as little damage as possible. its really not that big of a deal.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-11-08 at 08:57 AM.

Never really understood the philosophy by gimping yourself.

probably because going from dungeon bis blue gear to t1 doesn't leave you 'gimped'.

each blue piece of gear i swapped out, t1 had more armor, more stamina, more strength, more defence. than the blues from dungeons, I don't feel gimped I feel like I have better gear than when i started raiding in blues. I noticeable tank better than what I was like a month ago. when i started raiding i had maybe 5k hp, now i have nearly 6.5k. over 7k with diremaul 15% hp buff.

whether ppl like it or not, we aren't fury tanking molten core and nuking everything down, most of the fights are over in under 1 minute doing it the traditional way, with a sword and board tank. we have 3 main tanks, like me, two other dudes who are collecting t1 to tank with.

we're not doing it the way where all of the shit is left upto the healers to carry the raid through zerging. we have good healers but raids are meant to be fun, not deliberately stressful so we can end the raid 10 minutes early. currently our raids are set for 4 hrs, we're done in less than 2, so when phase 3 comes out we shouldn't have any trouble clearing that and mc/ony within those 4hrs. keeping it to one raid day, but even if we needed another raid day for bwl, its not a big deal either for those first clears as the gear gets better it'll fall over faster and faster. until you can do it all in a single raid.

I'm not against fury tanking, I'm just not in this to add more strain on the healing, if we all unanimously agree to try a fury tank, ill stand by that decision. largely i'd just like to be a good traditional tank and mitigate the healer strain as much as possible while i'm the tank. my hope is that if i'm doing well, and consistent to heal or keep alive, the healers then will have an easier job managing the healing on the raid.

i've seen dps warrior getting hit by 3k crit cleaves from trash, they are super thin compared to someone that is an actual tank. where a fury or arms war, takes a 3k crit me getting hit by that same cleave is like a sub <1k non crit. its night and day really. personally I don't think i could cope with that level of window wiper health bar. too much monkas for me, just be hovering over last stand and shield wall cringing every time i drop to 10% in a single swing.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-11-08 at 11:28 AM.

We got our tanks with 5 or 6 pieces each, 1 hunter with 7 and two other hunters on 5 or 6. We got a number of people on 3 set but T1 is rather shit for most classes so it’s not a big priority to get 8 set on people, T2 on the other hand will be very important on some classes and we plan to gear individual people to 8 set asap.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Got 3/8 T1 on resto druid. Dont need more than that for PvE. Other pieces are better.
    I also equip the 3/8 only when I'm buffing thorns on tanks. Outside that I only wear the t2 helm since haven't found reasonably priced helm yet.

Might go regrowth spec if I get 5/8, however the main goal for getting the tier set is for PvP, not PvE.

Think feral only wants the t1 chest, I might be wrong here. Havent looked much into gearing that spec.

But yeh, for resto druids the t1 is not that good.