Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pathfinding: classic-fied!

So this has been going around with my groups on bnet.
    Do you think blizz will add some type of pathfinding system to classic?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I'm more curious about what the fuck you think Pathfinding is now. (Hint: It's solely a gate to keep you from flying in retail. And another hint: Vanilla doesn't have flying.)

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    There are no achievements in Classic.
    There is no flying in Classic.

There's this brilliant system they have as far as unlocking flying:

You don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

This must be a very stupid group of people.

As many have stated, no achievements, so no pathfinder option. That pretty much ends all discussion on the topic. Tell your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    This must be a very stupid group of people.

As many have stated, no achievements, so no pathfinder option. That pretty much ends all discussion on the topic. Tell your friends.
    Notice the *some type of pathfinding system* part. Duh..It wouldn't be the same as retail. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as how Classic doesn't have flying it seems sort of unlikely. Others have pointed out no achievements either. I'm not sure how you would add a system like that and for what.

Anyway, no, the developers don't seem to be interested in adding much in the way of changes at all. That's as it should be.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Seeing as how Classic doesn't have flying it seems sort of unlikely.
    That's only if classic stays vanilla, unless they add TBC and beyond, thus adding flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's only if classic stays vanilla, unless they add TBC and beyond, thus adding flying.
    Not sure why they would suddenly start changing those either. Seems more like this discussion is just for stirring stuff up. No one is talking about adding Pathfinding or anything like it to Classic WoW.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Pathfinder is merely the tool they set in with unlocking flying. No flying in classic, no need to add it.

Also, there will never be flying in classic (not because it is Classic, but rather that the world wasn't built with flying in mind. There is a lot of smoke and mirrors).
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

You understand TBC had its own gate keeping for flying right? Its called gold.. Pathfinder exists as a gatekeeper in a world where gold isnt scarce.

classic zones arent flying compatible (theres huge featureless flat areas, jagged terrain with shear drops, graphics glitches of undeveloped areas, etc), and wont be until cataclysm. keep your classic+ ideas out of my classic plz

Flying in Classic? That's not even on the radar. I'm surprised anyone thinks this is actually possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    I'm more curious about what the fuck you think Pathfinding is now. (Hint: It's solely a gate to keep you from flying in retail. And another hint: Vanilla doesn't have flying.)
    Pathfinding in Classic is you have to earn the privilege of riding a 100% speed ground mount. I don't know how they didn't have that at launch.

Yes. They will add Classic Pathfinder: Complete storyline in every zone, get Revered with Stormwind/Orgrimmar, Ironforge/Undercity and Darnassus/Thunder Bluff. Completing it would allow you access to mounts and people that have riding will lose it.

That makes so much sense.

Notice the *some type of pathfinding system* part. Duh..It wouldn't be the same as retail. :P
    Might want to dial back with the "Duh"... since Classic doesn't even have flying for there to be a need to bring in any kind of Pathfinder System.

If they decide to do a "TBC Classic" there still is no reason for them to to add a Pathfinder system...as doing so would be making a fundamental change to how that expansion played...and therefore could no longer be considered "Classic" at all.

No.

A BC realm wouldn't be BC without a straight, plain gold sink flying, and only in Outland.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd have loved to see this thread include a poll, with like 250x "No." and the OP voting "Yeah, sure, maybe one day!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    You understand TBC had its own gate keeping for flying right? Its called gold.. Pathfinder exists as a gatekeeper in a world where gold isnt scarce.
    its also only available in TBC content. because TBC was built with flying in mind, and the end game required flight for a lot of stuff.

i don't think the OP has put a great deal of thought into the question.

- - - Updated - - -

you do know that you cant have flying in classic because the old world map is just smoke and mirror right? like there massive holes all over the place behind mountains and such.

enabling flight in the old world was kinda the whole reason for the cataclysm expansion.

Would love that for classic. For the level 40 mount. Revered with every faction and 2k gold to unlock riding mount.