Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Going by the intentions of the OP and how users are reacting. It's just another high elf topic on disguise. On the first page alone.
    I don't care about it. I'm here to talk about the lore and i didn't post on the first page. At least you should apologize and admit that you were wrong. But nope your ego is too big.
    I'm still waiting for that proof that Kael was explicitly okay with the alliance with the Horde btw.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    I don't care about it. I'm here to talk about the lore and i didn't post on the first page. At least you should apologize and admit that you were wrong. But nope your ego is too big.
    I'm still waiting for that proof that Kael was explicitly okay with the alliance with the Horde btw.
    Feel free to share any quotes that would make proof of him disagreeing post TBC. Until that. And with Rommath representing him in his absence before he died. We can easily assume that he had no ill feelings on that.

Feel free to share any quotes that would make proof of him disagreeing post TBC. Until that. And with Rommath representing him in his absence before he died. We can easily assume that he had no ill feelings on that.
    I already explained why i think that he wouldn't be okay with it and you went mad. It doesn't have to be post TBC.

I already explained why i think that he wouldn't be okay with it and you went mad. It doesn't have to be post TBC.
    Then stop confusing him with Vereesa and Alleria ffs. Those with raging hate boners on the horde are the minority among the elves.

Then stop confusing him with Vereesa and Alleria ffs. Those with raging hate boners on the horde are the minority among the elves.
    Wtf are you talking about? I never confused them and i only talked about Alleria. I just say he could have the same mindset. Especially since he wanted to KILL EVERY ORC after what they did.
    Last edited by eurojust; 2019-11-08 at 01:56 AM.

Wtf are you talking about? I never confused them and i only talked about Alleria. I just say he could have the same mindset. Especially since he wanted to KILL EVERY ORC after what they did.
    Which happened just shortly after the second war. Then Anasterian left the alliance and the scourge killed everyone. Stop assuming everyone lives in a bubble where nothing ever changes and traumatic events strive past you without affects.

No wonder you use Alleria for comparison.

She too lived in an alliance propaganda bubble until she returned to azeroth and was hit with reality. Being stubborn, racist and not aware of other people's real problems. It's this kind of ignorance why she is an exile. Blood elves honor the past. Alleria and her Fanclub don't. They just want human D and don't care what the real legacy of Quel'thalas is anymore. It's just all about the alliance right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Going by the intentions of the OP and how users are reacting. It's just another high elf topic on disguise. On the first page alone.
    As the OP let me vouch and say it definitely is. The original intent was a post on how Void Elves will react with Kael but the promise of drawing in the High Elf discussion was too tempting and I caved to weakness. Much regret.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

I sometimes think he died after Tempest Keep.. and that the thing we fought on Quel'Danas wasn't really him.

Depending. The Horde currently has more trolls than ever. Albeit they aren't forest trolls, but blood elves really hate trolls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    I sometimes think he died after Tempest Keep.. and that the thing we fought on Quel'Danas wasn't really him.
    His personality essentially died in WC3.

Which happened just shortly after the second war. Then Anasterian left the alliance and the scourge killed everyone. Stop assuming everyone lives in a bubble where nothing ever changes and traumatic events strive past you without affects.

No wonder you use Alleria for comparison.

She too lived in an alliance propaganda bubble until she returned to azeroth and was hit with reality. Being stubborn, racist and not aware of other people's real problems. It's this kind of ignorance why she is an exile. Blood elves honor the past. Alleria and her Fanclub don't. They just want human D and don't care what the real legacy of Quel'thalas is anymore. It's just all about the alliance right?
    Funny that you blame them for being racist because they didn't embrace the faction that destroyed their Kingdom and showed pride in it (isn't the capital of the Horde named ORGRIMmar?), while insulting Alleria for being with a human (you know the race which helped the helves against the trolls and the orcs for +1000 years).

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    As the OP let me vouch and say it definitely is. The original intent was a post on how Void Elves will react with Kael but the promise of drawing in the High Elf discussion was too tempting and I caved to weakness. Much regret.
    You are forgiven. And I will leave the discussion to easy my blood sugar. Have fun with the discussion nonetheless.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny that you blame them for being racist because they didn't embrace the faction that destroyed their Kingdom and showed pride in it (isn't the capital of the Horde named ORGRIMmar?), while insulting Alleria for being with a human (you know the race which helped the helves against the trolls and the orcs for +1000 years).
    Lmao heard it hear first folks. Humans helped elves against orcs before orcs even arrived on azeroth 1000 years ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Giving in to the natural human (for lack of a better word) tendency to preferentially treat members of your tribal in-group while shunning and murdering the outgroup is probably par for the course for everyone in a world where actual aliens walk among you and attack you. The humans were probably part of the High Elven in-group somewhat, though I doubt many in the land of eternal spring saw the three Windrunner sisters choosing human boyfriends as a great long term decision — given the lifespan differences.
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

You are forgiven. And I will leave the discussion to easy my blood sugar. Have fun with the discussion nonetheless.

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao heard it hear first folks. Humans helped elves against orcs before orcs even arrived on azeroth 1000 years ago
    I was refering about the events of wc2. 1000 years was for the trolls. Btw i thought you was gone? Oh and i'm still waiting for that proof that Kael was okay with the faction he wanted dead 20 years ago (you know something like 2 hours in a lifespan of an elf).

Sorry, the only valid Kael'ithos questline is one which opens with Kael sending you to assassinate Garithos, succeeding, only to discover they've been murdering each other for the last decade or however long it's been.

Giving in to the natural human (for lack of a better word) tendency to preferentially treat members of your tribal in-group while shunning and murdering the outgroup is probably par for the course for everyone in a world where actual aliens walk among you and attack you. The humans were probably part of the High Elven in-group somewhat, though I doubt many in the land of eternal spring saw the three Windrunner sisters choosing human boyfriends as a great long term decision — given the lifespan differences.
    I don't get the point of your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Sorry, the only valid Kael'ithos questline is one which opens with Kael sending you to assassinate Garithos, succeeding, only to discover they've been murdering each other for the last decade or however long it's been.
    That would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Or better, assassinate the members of Dalaran who supported Garithos.
    Woops Dalaran is neutral and therefore the Blood Elves are totally fine with them now, unlike the rest of the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the point of your post.
    I was just smoothing over evident racism with psychology and determinist philosophy. It’s pretty common to see it in fantasy worlds with more than one sentient species, and a lot more understandable. For instance Elves don’t have whites to their eyes, and that aspect of physiology should be a huge deal to humans. You need to be able to read someone’s eyes to gauge their intent. It’s huge for gorillas because they can’t trust each other. I imagine HEs have other subtle body language gestures like twitching their large eyebrows that humans can’t mimic and cause similar problems.

But don’t take my word for it, listen to an addict:

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    Let's not give another insane windrunner a kingdom. We already had an entire expansion about that.
    She's not insane though.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The next expansion is supposed to gravitate away from faction politics but I can’t hope but view Kael’s confirmed appearance in Velendreth as an opportunity for Thalassians — all Thalassians — to get his take on how events have unfolded.

As we help him hunt his enemy I imagine Blood Elf players wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to converse with him. And, while he exited the Alliance, he never formally joined the Horde either. This should leave the door wide open for Alleria, Vereesa, Sunfury/Scryers/Shattered Sun remnants, the Quel’dorei, Ren’dorei, and Horde-skeptical Sin’dorei (like Sanguinar) to speak with the rightful heir to Quel’Thalas. It would particularly go a long way toward mending fences if he is hunting Grand Marshall Garithos and the Alliance helps him.

Though Kael is dead, the possibilities of undeath can legally muddy things - as was evidenced by the Barov family fortune. Coming back to Azeroth as something as extravagant as one of Bolvar’s San’layn may not even be necessary, as merely communicating with the crown prince can give us an idea of what the Sunstrider Dynasty’s will with regard to succession would have been if they were asked. And with a word Kael could name Alleria or Arator or someone his successor and create some real Game of Thrones political conflict storytelling that gives the Alliance claim to Quel’Thalas, and the Horde reason to challenge it.
    It was not just Garithoa Kael hated but all the alliance leader and members who just stood aside and ofc Kael blamed Jaina for not seein Arthas as the monster he was.

Also he would most likely learn about purge of dalaran and it would make his blood boil and similiraries on how alliance leadera acted then and with Garithos.

Also Kael would have learned the legion pov about the void and what alleria caused during bfa prepatch in sunwell.

As such it would be unlikely Kael would choose alliance than blood elves as in life he only aimed to help blood elves and alliance keeps reapeating their errors. Also Kael CHOSE lor'themar and Rommath was HIS advisor.