Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Based on what we've seen for Shadowlands, I imagine 8.3.5 will have another set of allied races.
    Not only has it always looked like we were getting more based on the UI, but we'll need something to keep us busy for the 8-10 months before launch.
    Yeah, after the success of 7.3.5 in terms of sales and bridging the content drought they will absolutely copy it. It even makes sense if they just want to do two ARs in 8.3.5 instead of the overload of 4 from 7.3.5: Ankoan and Rajani are the only faction races with men and women that really would need wrap up at that point in the story.

I'm guessing those two ARs, a couple heritage armors to grind out, maybe the leveling update... maybe some story quests?

You mean banner, not totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    Jesus, please don't let them be the stupid fish races from Nazjatar
    wouldn't make sense for them to be kelfin or ankoan since there's a toy from nazjatar that turns you into them already, no way they're killing their race/faction change profits by releasing a toy that turns you into them right before releasing them as a race

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    wouldn't make sense for them to be kelfin or ankoan since there's a toy from nazjatar that turns you into them already, no way they're killing their race/faction change profits by releasing a toy that turns you into them right before releasing them as a race
    Pretty easy way around that: the toy uses the old model. If they are the new AR they will get a new model.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    The Alliance players really need to stop it with the sethrak whining. You’re not getting them. It doesn’t matter that you found their leader first, the Horde canonically
    Had jack-all to do with the Vol'dun storyline. At no point does the actual Horde do anything in Vol'dun. The only actual Horde member who literally does anything in Vol'dun is the player character, and that's it. Bladeguards Rakera and Kaja don't count since the Zandalari don't join the Horde until the Battle of Dazar'alor, so yes, literally the only actual Horde member who has any actual impact on the Vol'dun storyline is literally the Horde player character. At no point do the Horde ever actually meet the Sethrak at all in the storyline of Vol'dun.

So yea, anything the Horde does "canonically" never happens as zero Horde members apart fronm the player have any actual actipons performed in Vol'dun.

The Alliance, on the other hand, actually does meet the Sethrak as active members of the Alliance, flying the Alliance flags, and bearing the crest of the Alliance as Sergeant Ermy and Private James do in the questline.

Not only that, but Blizzard did set up a potential breadcrumb for the Alliance and the Sethrak when they went in and changed Magister Umbric's recruitment quest dialogue in 8.1.

To wit, here's what Umbric said in 8.0:
    I swear, sometimes I don't know how I end up in these situations!

Firstly, there is nothing of interest to me here. Secondly, the heat is absolutely sweltering. I would have understood if I was requested to study the stone that the sethrak held... but alas.

Would you take me out of here and let me get back to doing work of actual import?
    And here's what he says now in 8.1:
    I was skeptical when High Commander Wyrmbane asked me to accompany him to this vast desert. I did not believe there would be much of interest here.

My assumptions, pleasantly, were unfounded. The sethrak who populate this region command powerful magic and wield it with unconventional techniques.

I'm eager to study their accouterments to further unlock their power, but my first priority is to aid you and the High Commander in whatever task you have need of me.

Please, do not hesitate to call on me.
    As shown with the change in dialogue, they could easily write a scenario where the Alliance recruit the Sethrak, and tie it in with Umbric's own desire to learn more of the Sethrak's magics.

saved their goddess
    Who was at the time being corrupted by Zandalari trolls following Jekra'zet's orders in trying to convert her into a dark loa, which could easily be used as a way to have them side with the Alliance.

and they were there for Talanji’s coronation.
    And as Children's week showed, Vorrik had no issue with threatening a Zandalari child with violence, showing that any "friendship" with the Zandalari is tepid at best.

Meanwhile, Mechagon was liberated with the aid of both the Alliance and Horde, this after Gazlowe had been received much more pleasantly than Overspark did by Erazmin, and yet they're throwing their lot in entirely with the Alliance.

Showing that yes, the Sethrak could easily go Alliance as long as Blizzard wants them to, just as they ddid with all the Allied Races beforehand.

I hope there's more, but it seems like they would have announced it at Blizzcon if there were any coming in the immediate future. Any race from 8.3.5 would almost certainly be a SL preorder bonus, in which case why not announce it with the rest of the preorder bonuses? And 9.0 would have been mentioned as an expansion launch feature.

Especially with the Alliance as pissed off about Mechagnomes as it is, you'd think if they were holding Sethrak/Ankoan/something under the hood they'd want to get that out there and placate people. Unless it's Lightforged Undead and the Horde is getting the unique race again, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    I hope there's more, but it seems like they would have announced it at Blizzcon if there were any coming in the immediate future. Any race from 8.3.5 would almost certainly be a SL preorder bonus, in which case why not announce it with the rest of the preorder bonuses? And 9.0 would have been mentioned as an expansion launch feature.

Especially with the Alliance as pissed off about Mechagnomes as it is, you'd think if they were holding Sethrak/Ankoan/something under the hood they'd want to get that out there and placate people. Unless it's Lightforged Undead and the Horde is getting the unique race again, anyway.
    Probably because the two ARs aren't ready yet. Note how nothing about 8.3 or 8.3.5 was even AT Blizzcon: I'm assuming the intent is that they'll be a surprise, or Blizzard is being very particular about only showing ARs now when they're ready for story reasons/model reasons to avoid another Zandalari delay type incident.

Rajani currently use old Mogu models on PTR and they don't even have working voice lines: the one female Mogu there has Draenei voices. If they're a WIP as well as whatever the opposing AR is they won't show them until they're done.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Pretty easy way around that: the toy uses the old model. If they are the new AR they will get a new model.
    maybe, but the existence of the toy itself implies an attitude on blizzard's end of acknowledging that some people might want to play them but they don't intend on making them a fully playable race

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    maybe, but the existence of the toy itself implies an attitude on blizzard's end of acknowledging that some people might want to play them but they don't intend on making them a fully playable race
    That might be the case, but they may have done it to match the Kelfin toy (who clearly were never meant to be playable: their models look like ass) and hide they would be playable. Or they decided to make them playable after the fact (which would explain why they are coming later).

I just wouldn't call it quits because of that. It's not as big a deal as the Sethrak being a part of Zandalari children's week: stuff like that implies they'll never go Alliance because they're so integrally tied to Zandalar.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2019-11-08 at 04:29 AM.

Probably because the two ARs aren't ready yet. Note how nothing about 8.3 or 8.3.5 was even AT Blizzcon: I'm assuming the intent is that they'll be a surprise, or Blizzard is being very particular about only showing ARs now when they're ready for story reasons/model reasons to avoid another Zandalari delay type incident.

Rajani currently use old Mogu models on PTR and they don't even have working voice lines: the one female Mogu there has Draenei voices. If they're a WIP as well as whatever the opposing AR is they won't show them until they're done.
    Is there any evidence the current Rajani models are placeholders? Cause if not I'd say them using the old MoP models is actually a pretty big hint they aren't planned as a race. And the Draenei voice could just be because there's never been a female mogu NPC that wasn't hostile until now, so they never made a voice for them. Not necessarily tied to them being an allied race.
    Last edited by Tyrathius; 2019-11-08 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Is there any evidence the current Rajani models are placeholders? Cause if not I'd say them using the old MoP models is actually a pretty big hint they aren't planned as a race. And the Draenei voice could just be because there's never been a female Rajani NPC that wasn't hostile until now, so they never made a voice for them. Not necessarily tied to them being an allied race.
    No evidence the models are placeholder, no. But everything about them, from their lore (both pre and post Nyalotha), their rep and the fact that there's new female mogu AT ALL are all basically flashing "WE'RE AN AR" lights. Like the whole point of them is "lol what friendly mogu?" (I'm almost quoting Lorewalker Cho verbatim here) to the point that it would be silly if they weren't an AR.

Otherwise Blizz could've just reused Pandaren factions like the Golden Lotus and Shadopan teaming up (that's essentially what the Uldum Accord is) instead of whipping up a new friendly mogu faction.

7+ Year Old Account
    it should be ogres, there is no better race to join horde in any scenario.

What if Blizzard has the next Allied Races planned to be released during the pre-patch?

It makes so much sense for me. Afterall, it would give players the perfect reason to test out the new leveling changes.

This should give them enough time to consider the removal of restrictions, which means any race could be next...

GIMME OGERS baeby
    Last edited by d00dles; 2019-11-08 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Sethrak on alliance might be enough to tip the faction imbalance. Who doesn’t want to play a snake thing like from primal rage
    As much as i like them, i really doubt they would. Balance was skewed, Vulpera put that argument to rest. It's done. Blizzard doesn't care.
    At least they said they will connect realms.

I confess though, if alliance got Sethrak, i would forgive them for no Tinker class yet.

Knowing these devs though... it's gonna be lightforged forsaken for alliance and Saberon for the horde or something. Cause it's the last two race skeletons left.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-11-08 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    What's so classy and elegant about Sethrak? What am I actually reading?
    Their culture. Also.their body shape and animations. You are reading a comment under a thread about future allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Knowing these devs though... it's gonna be lightforged forsaken for alliance and Saberon for the horde or something. Cause it's the last two race skeletons left.
    I think the "lol the last races are Forsaken and Worgen because last two rigs" is losing steam when there are other alternatives that actually exist in game.

I think the "lol the last races are Forsaken and Worgen because last two rigs" is losing steam when there are other alternatives that actually exist in game.
    Oh it's not what i want. I just think the devs that lazy to do it like that. They don't care what players want, it's been clear for years now they are making whatever they want. Vulpera were a fluke. It just happened to be the same rig as the nazjatar goblins they were going to add.

Also, cause lightforged forsaken are obvious at this point cause Ion said no cross faction and Calia isn't joining the horde. So that story goes to allied race most likely. Then just find whatever to fill that last worgen rig spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Also, cause lightforged forsaken are obvious at this point cause Ion said no cross faction and Calia isn't joining the horde. So that story goes to allied race most likely. Then just find whatever to fill that last worgen rig spot.
    The problem is that whatever the Lightforged Forsaken look like... probably isn't Forsaken, considering Calia looks like a human. Couple that with the "fresh Forsaken" being added in 9.0 instead of an AR and what else could that AR be?

It really doesn't look like there's going to be a Forsaken AR at all. Which implies the Worgen AR may be bunk as well.

Currently Calia only exists as a kind of "Sylvanas filler" and potential bait for a later expansion moreso than a spawn of any kind of AR. It's also missing a reputation to grind.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2019-11-08 at 05:03 AM.

The problem is that whatever the Lightforged Forsaken look like... probably isn't Forsaken, considering Calia looks like a human. Couple that with the "fresh Forsaken" being added in 9.0 instead of an AR and what else could that AR be?

It really doesn't look like there's going to be a Forsaken AR at all. Which implies the Worgen AR may be bunk as well.

Currently Calia only exists as a kind of "Sylvanas filler" and potential bait for a later expansion moreso than a spawn of any kind of AR. It's also missing a reputation to grind.
    Well, the Forsaken don't exactly look like Sylvanas or present day Nathanos either...

Hey, i hope you are right. But after so much disappointment i can't expect any better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Jinyu. They share the night elf rig. No more elves.
    Jinyu or the Ankoan. Imo the Ankoan look more badass.