Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    It will limit the profits.
    And that will now make the markey unprotiftable? What are you getting at? How does it relate to all this?

Blizzard: We are willing to sacrifice our reputation and customers' loyalty for the sake of the Chinese market.
    China: Puts in restrictions on microtransactions.
    Blizzard: surprised Pikachu face

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-50315960

Was it worth it blizzard .
    Oh you should see, how certain chinese companies are milking the players of their games.
    I remember chinese World of Tanks having a vehicle, that costs around around 600! Dollars... as well as hving exclusive vehicle, you can get for spending silly numbers like 1500 dollars on the premium store.
    And keep in mind, the average chinese income is much lower compared to the USA or Europe, making those price tags ridiculous.

Protection for minors are all nice and stuff, but mostly minors are not the core issue. And if they are, it usually goes about using parent's accounts and stuff, where that protection of minors might not apply.

Blizzard: We are willing to sacrifice our reputation and customers' loyalty for the sake of the Chinese market.
    China: Puts in restrictions on microtransactions.
    Blizzard: surprised Pikachu face

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-50315960

Was it worth it blizzard .
    How will this be enforced? And if gaming time is limited then won't they spend more money to keep up? I didn't see what the spending limit was going to be in the article, is it higher or lower than the average?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    How will this be enforced?
    It's China.

You can't buy an electronic device that doesn't have 11 ways of tracking you and what you do. They probably just have to push a software update to everyone's phones that caps their time on the devices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's China.

You can't buy an electronic device that doesn't have 11 ways of tracking you and what you do. They probably just have to push a software update to everyone's phones that caps their time on the devices.
    Also if you try to hack the phone you may get a police at the door.

It's China.

Just sign in with your dad's account or w/e and get unlimited time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just sign in with your dad's account or w/e and get unlimited time.
    >Person that's never played a game in his life suddenly spends 8 hours a day on MobileGame#974.5

I can't possibly imagine what's going on here.

>Person that's never played a game in his life suddenly spends 8 hours a day on MobileGame#974.5

I can't possibly imagine what's going on here.
    They’ve never asked for verification before so they do not have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    They’ve never asked for verification before so they do not have that data.
    You clearly don't work in data analysis. They more than likely have a heck of a lot more data than you think, like who downloaded what, when.

Any spike in game downloads, on accounts that didn't have them, after the law is passed would show up like a flare in the night for any data analyst.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The apology was for the way they reacted, not for the reaction itself.
    They did not apologize for punishing the player for bringing up bullshit politics.

Yeah.. They do it because China doesn't like it when a company involves itself in anti-China politics.
    And if Blizzard spoke out for Palestine, Mossad would probably shoot Brack at his own house.
    And if they spoke out against the US intervening in the entire world, the US media would condemn them.
    So why are you surprised that Blizzard would get punished if they promoted anti-China stuff?

The entire western world is waging economic war against multiple nations because they don't like the political side or economic system they have and you complain about a country willing to boycot Blizzard if they engage in political behaviour?
    I am not convinced the Mossad would asssassinate anyone for simply speaking out for Palestine

There is some evidence that they would not, there is an abundance of people who are alive and have spoken out for Palestine..

So basically i question your "Probably" and say at best you can get potentially

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    I am not convinced the Mossad would asssassinate anyone for simply speaking out for Palestine

There is some evidence that they would not, there is an abundance of people who are alive and have spoken out for Palestine..

If they were I doubt the leader of the opposition in the uk would still be breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post

Considering Abby Martin is still alive i would assume they would be just fine.

Sorry if this is old news, but it just popped up in my feed:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...or-eliminated/

Apparently Kaplan disagrees with the punishment and would like to see it reduced lower than the 6 months, if not removed completely.

Do you guys this this will have any impact? I know he's not on the Hearthstone team, but Kaplan is a major figure at Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Sorry if this is old news, but it just popped up in my feed:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...or-eliminated/

Apparently Kaplan disagrees with the punishment and would like to see it reduced lower than the 6 months, if not removed completely.

Do you guys this this will have any impact? I know he's not on the Hearthstone team, but Kaplan is a major figure at Blizzard.
    I don't think so... Kaplan clearly states that this is own opinion on the matter (to remove the punishment completely) and that he isn't speaking for his team in that regard (although his team all think just like everyone else that the punishment and the way blizzard handled it was a mistake).

Honestly at this point I'm pretty sure blizzard is just gonna let this issue rest.... I'm sure even if tomorrow they completely removed the punishment that it wouldn't be a net gain: most likely around 70% of the people who still care about this won't change their minds about blizzard, China might be pissed off and act against them... losing a playerbase and profits from them, and Finally it would undermine most punishments they try to enforce in tournaments going forward because every time they would try to punish someone for using their platform for their political shoutout it would be compared to this... thus they couldn't have the rule anymore and I'm sure many people wouldn't be happy if tournament winners/competitors continued to talk about politics instead of the game.

Its a lose-lose situation now.. only at this point now that time has past them acting further on this will only be a net loss with little to no gain in return.