Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The benefit from stacking is that you can condition everyone to move every cast, instead of having to rely on people to notice it on their own (which they wont).
    I have yet to see the stack method not result in a platform sized defile. For this event at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was fun Just obnoxiously buggy.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Eh, it was nice. Wouldn't do it again though. All of the popping in and out with all of the spell effects instantly lighting up killed my computer's performance. Spent half of each fight lagging behind. Managed to not die on most of them, but Heigan and Arthas got me twice, Anub and Rag got me once, and Archimode can go fuck himself just for his general existence.
    you do realise that most of those are deaths due to personal fuck ups -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Be happy you got more than an EXP/Rep buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Be happy you got more than an EXP/Rep buff.
    Well those worldbosses are also good opportunities to gather loot, that is otherwise not available anymore for the transmog collection,
    And Lil Nafarian is cute. Now we can build a team of the Neltharion family.

Great for collection, and remember stuff of the past. And thank god for skipping the stupid 20 minute advisor positioning at Kael.

I thought we would see a very nerfed version of the bosses tbh, but I guess my expectation was just far out there. That we could kill and loot for tmog. Like the TW Black Temple.

The AV is cool though, doing it on my Warrior that I am leveling for Heritage. Gotten 15 levels while doing pvp and progressing for mount. It's neat that you can do all three in one. But as Alliance we just get roflstomped. Horde get the ice lord up while the Alliance just ignore getting Ivus up. I did my share at least!

But it's fun either way, a level every 20-25 min approx, 45% I think on the mount. 25% xp from pot and anniversary buff, it's nice. Also great way to farm honorable kills. Got my 50k achie yesterday(yeah not a pvper) and people die like flies so farm those kills while it's up.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-11-08 at 10:44 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What felt bizarre to me is that some bosses had more than a single phase, while others only had a tiny part of the fight. Nefarian was by far the worst - you don't even properly engage the boss, just kill some boring adds, wait for lava to fall down and, well, that's it, off you go.

Kael wasn't much better - though I guess having more than a single phoenix was something new. Still, they only shown the easiest phase, with legendary weapon effects being pointless and boss doing pretty much nothing.

All in all, it's was pretty meh. I guess it's better to have it doable in 30 minutes instead of nuisance that was MC Reborn, but for 15 years, it's not particularly impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you do realise that most of those are deaths due to personal fuck ups -_-
    Ran Cata and Wrath twice -> 15 possible fights -> died on 7 of them (some from lag, some from stupidity) -> died less than 50% of the fights -> Managed to not die on most of them.

I stand by what I said.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Crysake View Post
    Please stop calling expansions "addons".
    Eh you're both right.

Its an expansion, but it should have been an add on / content patch
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Underwhelming.... Ehh, it's an easy way to get some 420/430 gear. Quick and easy.

Rather do that as a weekly then any of the emissary missions or a mthic+ during bursting.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    C´mon, it is an event, not a raid, it is not meant to be raid and it should not be so, it is something for fun and different that people who don´t even have the sightliest of clues about the game can just do.

It is a free mount, give or take, sadly everyone and their taxi driver is riding it already

Just smile, enjoy and move on

I think it's extremely underwhelming, especially considering that it gives one of the most badass Dragon mounts (If not, one of the best mounts) in the game. However, because this event is extremely easy, everyone has it. It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I think it's extremely underwhelming, especially considering that it gives one of the most badass Dragon mounts (If not, one of the best mounts) in the game. However, because this event is extremely easy, everyone has it. It sucks.
    I just did it last night... can you believe my group still wiped multiple times on the Heigan dance, to Lich King's defile, and Ragnaros' mechanics in general? lol I kid you not, we did those three at least 5 times.

This shitty ass anniversary lasts for 2 months, that's a first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I just did it last night... can you believe my group still wiped multiple times on the Heigan dance, to Lich King's defile, and Ragnaros' mechanics in general? lol I kid you not, we did those three at least 5 times.
    That's LFR for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Many people here are just ungrateful fucks that will whine no matter what. They forgot how to enjoy a game and nothing satisfy them.

Reason being is that they play too much. Their whole lives revolves around WoW. They shit on the game, yet they log in everyday running around major cities because nothing satisfies them.

Personally, i enjoyed the anniversary, we wiped on ragnaros and LK twice and was fun wiping to mechanics that we all forgot about. Good attempt by blizzard to bring us back the nostalgia.
    I enjoyed it too, but the fights were too fast. I would've rather loved to fight these threats at full power. AKA, the entire fight, and not just fight one phase of theirs.

Back in my day, an anniversary event was you logging on and getting a pet in the mail and that was it.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

done it once for the mount, Never again

- - - Updated - - -

i think you might have been in my group We wiped on the same shit. Can't believe people just didn't fucking spread out and move from the defile -.-

Quote Originally Posted by dlaY View Post
    done it once for the mount, Never again

- - - Updated - - -

i think you might have been in my group We wiped on the same shit. Can't believe people just didn't fucking spread out and move from the defile -.-
    Haha, maybe! Sadly, Defile wasn't even the worst, people wouldn't kill the adds in Ragnaros before they got to the hammer, and it'd decimate the raid. Never doing it again either. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    why should the anniversary be any better then BfA itself? Blizz gave up on this addon and everything that comes with it a month into BfA
    Addon? It's not an addon it's an expansion.
    Addons are things such as ElvUI, DBM or Weakauras.

Haha, maybe! Sadly, Defile wasn't even the worst, people wouldn't kill the adds in Ragnaros before they got to the hammer, and it'd decimate the raid. Never doing it again either. lol
    People not moving from the seeds is what killed our group multiple times