Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Okay, joking sides, how could people say this when Blizzard just stated less than a week ago that we killed Yogg and C'Thun and a few months ago that they are dead (not to mention many indications in and out of the game)? How are there people who still cling to the words of an Old Gods follower? Or are our memory that bad? Given that Blizzard clearly said they were dead, I'd say that they are in a rather dead state right now.

(That was a rhetoric question by the way, I already know the answer )
    We killed them but their souls still linger = not dead to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Danuser
    Many people think we only fought manifestations of the Old Gods, but we have in fact killed their forms. Yogg'Saron and C'Thun still have echoes that permeate the world, however.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...e_danuser_and/

Quote Originally Posted by Kaappi View Post
    We killed them but their souls still linger = not dead to me.
    You are free to have your own concept of dead. Alas, you don't get to define WoW's concept of dead, though. Blizzard does. When Blizzard said they are dead, and you (or anyone else) claim that they aren't, it's called headcanon, not canon. Think about it - if tomorrow, someone suddenly decide that if a character isn't killed by Mighty Lord Mudmug of Golden Brew, he wouldn't consider them "dead" - can that someone keep going around and argue none of the characters are dead? It doesn't work that way. Everyone are free to have our opinions, but we don't get to argue against canonical story.

Moreover, if we are to go with your definition of "dead", then most characters who were Blizzard!dead aren't dead. Let's name a few: Varian? Not dead. Gul'dan? Not dead. Malygos? Not dead. Vol'jin? Not dead. Medivh before Aegwynn resurrected him (how do you resurrect something that isn't dead to begin with)? Not dead. The list goes on and on. In fact, if we are to do it your way, it'd be faster to count the one who are "dead" in your definition - whose souls are gone - only demons who were killed inside the Nether meet that definition. It's extremely rare in WoW that a character is killed so thoroughly that his / her soul is obliterated as well. Oh my, isn't this a cause to rejoice?
    Last edited by Qualia; 2019-11-08 at 11:14 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.