Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's not a shared world. it's an entire separate reality.

idk op, it doesn't look bad, but it doesn't fit the rest of the expansion. it also fucks up the lore, wild gods are bound to the emerald dream by frea, they go back there to regenerate when they die. there's no reason cenarius should have gone there, and he wasn't even dead by the end of legion. he was alive and coordinating the defense of valsharah from the legion invasions.
    Well, they're basically styling them into summer/winter court now, so it's kinda part of it anyway.

And Ion said Cenarius went there when he died to Grommash in WC3. He even stated that he left again in Cataclysm. He never said he's currently there, Cenarius is just an example of beings that would go there on death.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, they're basically styling them into summer/winter court now, so it's kinda part of it anyway.

And Ion said Cenarius went there when he died to Grommash in WC3. He even stated that he left again in Cataclysm. He never said he's currently there, Cenarius is just an example of beings that would go there on death.
    goldrinn, malorne, all of those go to the dream. freya bound them to the dream. i suppose the loa could be the ones that wind up in ardenweald, but sure doesn't make sense for the wild gods.

though idk, maybe cenarius just wasn't bound to the dream by freya. he did come into existence after her dealing with and empowering them.

also, i didn't realize he specified it was his wc3 death, i missed that part.

I suppose we're just one step away from everything being a ripoff of Elwynn Forest because "fucking god damn it blizzard, grass and trees and rivers? seriously? why can't we have something original, like a zone made of trucks?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    I suppose we're just one step away from everything being a ripoff of Elwynn Forest because "fucking god damn it blizzard, grass and trees and rivers? seriously? why can't we have something original, like a zone made of trucks?"
    Yeah, how dare they make a forest that contains trees! Everybody could do that!

5+ Year Old Account
    Granted, it's too early to tell, but it looks like generic night elf zone #734513. Hopefully there will be more to it than that...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I'm sure you're an expert on the zone after having looked at it a grand total of 0 times.

This forest area is so lazy, it has trees like all the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yeah, how dare they make a forest that contains trees! Everybody could do that!
    No, no, how dare they making a death zone with grass??

It doesn't matter, there's a reason that Elves are the most popular races after Human; people just love that aesthetic.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    *looks at Nazjatar which is almost copy pasted from Aszuna*
    *looks at Dragon Soul which is literally just Wyrmrest Temple*
    *looks at Sithilus which has pretty much nothing but sand throughout the entire zone*
    *looks at Uldum which is an Indiana Jones Rip Off*
    *looks at WoD Nagrand which looks almost Identical to BC Nagrand*

*looks at Ardenweald of which we've seen maybe...2 yards of and already has a somewhat unique story and visuals*

yep laziest zone ever...
    Nazjatar is just a patch zone not a one of new zones in expansion
    Dragon soul is a raid
    Silithus had great events
    They dont look this same also you need to have some places where you can compare to those in BC
    I dont protect op cuz he didnt saw a whole zone yet becauase i can clearly say that the new zone will be more farily zone but you are not right too with those arguments

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Looks like a thematic repeat of Shadowmoon valley from WoD. I mean I love shadowmoon valley but come on.
    no not really. that's like saying that Uldum is a thematic repeat of Tanaris just because they both have deserts. there is a lot more to Uldum though, as we know, and considering we haven't even seen the entirety of Ardenweald we don't know what is in there. way, way too early to be making such a thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    MONSTER TRUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    *looks at WoD Nagrand which looks almost Identical to BC Nagrand*
    Really dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    To me it's quite ok.

The fauna at least seems rather new.
    The denizens on the other hand show me that Blizzard employees watched the Dark Crystal show. (Those mini fae look exactly like the main characters from the show/movie)
    The vampire area concept art looks like it was taken straight out of fantasia

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take three of those every expansion if it means I won't have to see a desert zone ever again.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. It's modeled after castlevania/ravenloft.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    goldrinn, malorne, all of those go to the dream. freya bound them to the dream. i suppose the loa could be the ones that wind up in ardenweald, but sure doesn't make sense for the wild gods.

though idk, maybe cenarius just wasn't bound to the dream by freya. he did come into existence after her dealing with and empowering them.

also, i didn't realize he specified it was his wc3 death, i missed that part.
    It could be that their "bodies" are preserved and kept save in the Emerald Dream, while their souls are renergized with anima in the Shadowlands.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    I'll take three of those every expansion if it means I won't have to see a desert zone ever again.
    Meh, Vol'dun is quite ok actually... Except the part near the dungeon entrance, which I've come to detest with a passion.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Looks like a thematic repeat of Shadowmoon valley from WoD. I mean I love shadowmoon valley but come on.
    So, Shadowmoon was introduced into the game five years ago from this moment and it will be six years when Ardenweald is released. I don't think there is anything wrong with introducing zone with same theme/color palette/general look after that much time. After all there is only so much ways you can make a forest in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    No, no, how dare they making a death zone with grass??
    The zone has ground to walk on, just like every other zone they made! Why can't they come up with new stuff?!

We literally saw only like 3 shots of it.