Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When they confirm blue eyes and silver hair for Blood Elves, I am probably going to take another forum vacation. The fallout from that will rival that of WoD no flying and the old Blizzard Real ID.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    When they confirm blue eyes and silver hair for Blood Elves, I am probably going to take another forum vacation. The fallout from that will rival that of WoD no flying and the old Blizzard Real ID.
    Or just ignore threads with certain words, i once did that with threads that mentioned Sylvanas, and wow, the forums seemed so peaceful

I hope they change their minds about Allied Races NOT getting Customizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Stranglethorn has black humans, mostly people who settled in the general Booty Bay area before the area was overrun by trolls and then reclaimed by the goblins. They mostly seem to be pirates and sailors, vaguely West African-ish.

I would actually like to see more diversity in human kingdoms and cultures. In Southern Kalimdor you already have the Arab/Amazigh-based Wastewander bandits, which a lot of roleplayers expanded the lore of, creating the "Tanari tribes". Lorewise, it wouldn't be too far of a stretch for humans to have sailed to and from Southern Kalimdor or other places in the South Seas, so African, Middle Eastern, North African and Asian humans don't seem super out of place.

Really, I've always kind of been disappointed in how homogenized all the races outside of orcs and tauren are.
    Something interesting is that in 8.3 Wastewander will join Uldum Accord! new caliph?
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Arik_Scorpidsting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Well... they did pointed out, that INITIALLY they won't, at least not with the original races

Oh, so you want them to never get customizations? Cool.

Because, you know, they specifically said they'd get to them. Just not at the launch of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Oh, so you want them to never get customizations? Cool.

Because, you know, they specifically said they'd get to them. Just not at the launch of the expansion.
    They did not make any promise in that direction, do you have a quote from them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    They did not make any promise in that direction, do you have a quote from them?
    Nope, I just pay attention. I apologize for not taking detailed notes and exact quotes of people rambling on aimlessly during a convention about video games. I actually have this thing called "a life."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Nope, I just pay attention. I apologize for not taking detailed notes and exact quotes of people rambling on aimlessly during a convention about video games. I actually have this thing called "a life."
    Wow! You seem like a pleasant person.

Hopefully some allied race options will come in a patch later on in Shadowlands. I believe they said that they will be getting eye color choices at the start, though, since that is a new technology they can apply to them with minimal effort.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I wish there was some lore explanation for the asian and african looking humans. It always irks me when there is no explanation for those when they seem to pop up in completely european societies. Unless genetics work differently in wow and humans just have a random chance to look asian, african or european. Having some separate pocket societies for different humans would be cool.
    I mean, they have no problem coming up with interesting lore for different troll or orc clans but cant do that for humans?

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, will they be giving high elf customization to void elf or blood elf?
    Simple retcon. And one that is sorely needed and has next to no effect on lore or anything else. After that is has been this way always. Humans in RPGs especially fantasy always have that problem. As there are no real different human cultures in WOW they don't have to think about it.

So just a cosmetic change without any lore implications. Weird? Yes but not gamebreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Simple retcon. And one that is sorely needed and has next to no effect on lore or anything else. After that is has been this way always. Humans in RPGs especially fantasy always have that problem. As there are no real different human cultures in WOW they don't have to think about it.

So just a cosmetic change without any lore implications. Weird? Yes but not gamebreaking.
    Black people in the WoW lore has always stated that originated in Stranglethorn

If people are this salty over humans, wait until black blood elves are (hopefully) announced.

https://twitter.com/Rendoas/status/1190771457170784256
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuya1 View Post
    Something that bugs me (with or without Frostborn) is the Wildhammer skins using the dwarven heritage armor. Just feels wrong, lol.
    Not only that, Dwarf racials, unlike those of Trolls and Orcs which are more universal and could fit almost any tribe/clan, are very much Bronzebeard themed and are ill fit for Wildhammers.
    Wildhammer skins as customization options are very cool but imagine a "Wildhammer" dwarf playing with Bronzebeard voiceovers, heritage armor and racials (Stoneform? Archeology Bonus? Frost resistance?).

Now if we could select a select a different set of voices or somekind of racial reskin that would be very cool but alas I don't think that will ever be the case and Wildhammer dwarves are doomed to always feel badly implemented.
    A true shame.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    If people are this salty over humans, wait until black blood elves are (hopefully) announced.

https://twitter.com/Rendoas/status/1190771457170784256
    yeah!!! i want look as this

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    yeah!!! i want look as this
    It has never made sense to me that the race that evolved worshipping the sun is all light skinned blondes. If they do add this customization it’s a welcome change.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    It has never made sense to me that the race that evolved worshipping the sun is all light skinned blondes. If they do add this customization it’s a welcome change.
    magic of the sunwell

I'm interested to see if they fix the female draenei scoliosis problem, where the right shoulder is upper than the left shoulder, and the right arm is shorter than the left.

In my opinion night elfs & nightborn are dark skinned elves but since I don't care much about blood elfs, whatever.

I'll say it again, 5/8 of those races have no business being separate races and should have been customization options in the first place. The only exceptions are Kul Tiran, Zandalari and Vulpera.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

exceptionally rare in northern europe, less rare in southern europe.
    Not saying you're doing it but it is funny when people bring up medieval Europe accuracy when there's obese panda people, Minotaurs, invading green aliens, and tech that's more advanced than what we have today.
    Last edited by UnluckyAmateur; 2019-11-08 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    I'll say it again, 5/8 of those races have no business being separate races and should have been customization options in the first place. The only exceptions are Kul Tiran, Zandalari and Vulpera.

Not saying you're doing it but it is funny when people bring up medieval Europe accuracy when there's obese panda people, Minotaurs, invading green aliens, and tech that's more advanced than what we have today.
    I know what you mean. but Nightborne have diferent faces too :P compared to night elf i think.

Also if normal orc gets updated faces while Maghar doesnt it will look weird.

I hope they will at least give updated customization to other races within the expansions life cycle.