Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Covenent will all have a unique Horde/Alliance model that will be used as the Allied Races of Shadowlands. We'll get new races every expansion but they'll be baked into Allied Races now.

Also Demon Hunters are really lame, the next class better be good if we ever get one again but when it comes to Races, we should expect new additions every major patch IMO so when the 5th Covenent on The Maw eventually gets revealed, players should get the option to switch/choose to the new 5th Covenent.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    The same people that brought you WoD, brought you Legion, which are the same people that brought you BfA, which are the same people bringing you Shadowlands.
    We don't even know that. It certainly doesn't feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    No, it would be bland and absolutely terrible.
    It wouldn't be terrible though, there's a wide variety of playstyles just from the original classes, all adding new classes does is make tuning worse and worse because Blizzard can't nail tuning properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    We do know that, there is no A/B team making expansions, it's all the same team.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raivo LV View Post
    It is interesting, seems like players need this new feature, for feature's sake. I for one feel happy that they are not spending their time and resources on another warfront's or some random (not sure if successful) new feature but really taking a step back, looking what's happening with their game and actually fixing it up, be it class identity, leveling, pruning, AP grinds, item customization etc. I skipped BFA entirely but Shadowlands looks promising to me. NOW I also want to invite some friends to try it out and play together, as they won't have to Start in Elvyin Forest grinding wolfs and cobolds. Super excited.
    most people dont raid or dont do mythic +

thats why they need somethng to do in game.

crazy idea i know.

- - - Updated - - -

what doesnt feel like it ?

convenants ? class halls just 4 instead of 12

tower - mage tower just 1-5 man to carry bad players and ensure its not failure that everyone is avoiding

Anima = AP with cap

patfinder - everyone hates it since WoD.

Shadowlands is following exackly the same patters as all expansions since WoD.

Legion was exaption because it brought universaly liked pve mode - mythic +

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

what doesnt feel like it ?
    That all these expansions were designed by the exact same people. We don't know what their teams looked like during all those expansions over the years. Teams shifted around a lot, especially during projects like Hearthstone, Overwatch and Titan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post

We do know that, there is no A/B team making expansions, it's all the same team.
    1) I'm not even talking about A and B teams, I explained what I meant above
    2) Even if Blizzard said it, I wouldn't believe anything coming from them at this point. They lied many times in the past, and several times just recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Right but this just happened. Now it's happening again.
    No they completely reworked classes and specs in BFA you cannot tell me that Demo lock didnt feel like a completely new class in BFA. Classes are so out of wack right now things need to get fixed before they get more weight added to them. I say we have plenty of classes atm and we don't need more until what we have is reliably fun again

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Maybe if we all collectively ask Blizz for more to the xpac they will create a new class! Let's all keep complaining, and hopefully they announce more to this xpac at next year's Blizz-con!
    its sad but i think thats how blizzard works

This might sound controversial but I mean it with the utmost sincerity.

I think we need more time between expansions, both retroactively and in the future.

Fake hype would subside, real anticipation would build, complainers would move on and true fans would reap greater rewards for their patience. This doesn't mean we shouldn't get a patch or two and maybe some post climax content but clearly Blizz needs more time to meet their own standards.

I won't comment on the business side of blizzard since it's a shitshow, obviously.

That all these expansions were designed by the exact same people. We don't know what their teams looked like during all those expansions over the years. Teams shifted around a lot, especially during projects like Hearthstone, Overwatch and Titan.

- - - Updated - - -

1) I'm not even talking about A and B teams, I explained what I meant above
    2) Even if Blizzard said it, I wouldn't believe anything coming from them at this point. They lied many times in the past, and several times just recently.
    Ok sure, but the reality is Ion has been in charge for every expansion since Legion and he took over in WoD(before the decision to cut an entire patch/tier was announced). Afrasiabi has been there since the beginning making the story. And until recently J. Allen Brack was also a decision maker for the WoW team. What we do know is several of the higher ups(not just the few mentioned) have been there and making decisions since WoD, we do know this because if you go over Blizzcon interviews or WoW panels from Blizzcon, Gamescom, ect over the last few years the same names pop up.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I think it's a good thing. The less time they spend on zones, leveling and new classes the more time they can spend on developing end game content for the characters we already have.

I feel like they're just spitting in players' face at this point. We deserve proper expansions, not fillers.
    Shadowlands by itself is not a filler narrative, it's something we've always asked for but the contents of the expansion is clearly filler compared to MoP, Legion, etc

This just feels like another WoD and BFA to me.
    then dont play. /shrug

if you dont like it move on. if everything seems horrible and filler then the game isnt likely for you anymore. if yo uwant to be angry, be angry. but it isnt going to change anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    then dont play. /shrug

if you dont like it move on. if everything seems horrible and filler then the game isnt likely for you anymore. if yo uwant to be angry, be angry. but it isnt going to change anything.
    Yeah, and that's what I said in another thread, that I'll be skipping out on this expansion

hook got announced.

their hook is tower.

WoD 2.0 with content only for hardcore crowd.

there wont be anything else - so pretty much expansion to skip.
    Plenty for the "casual" crowd. The tower is for solo or group play. Anyone can make progress and get legendaries. Nothing "hardcore" about it.

Rebuilding/strengthening covenants and finding soulbinds is perfect "casual" content that will last.

Mog hunting, pet battles, LFR, dungeons, questing, WQs, and all the existing stuff that "casuals" do will still be in the game.

But go on and explain to us how there is nothing for "casuals."

hook got announced.

their hook is tower.

WoD 2.0 with content only for hardcore crowd.

there wont be anything else - so pretty much expansion to skip.
    hey, gives you plenty of time to come play armchair game designer on the forums right? cant wait to see what you hate next week!

Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    Because female empowerment. It's been a theme at the very least since BFA now. Saurfang was a male, so you have to have Sylvanas dominate him. Bolvar is a male, so you have to have Sylvanas dominate him. #teamwahmen #aslongasithasavagina
    imagine falling for troll ...

10+ Year Old Account
    supposedly a lot of stuff got cut in seeing the response to classic wow and how many players would rather play that then current design philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    Hahahahahaha,

I am not hurt at all by anything.
    Merely pointing out that a lot of people cling onto the new class train and dont realize at all that a new class wont change the game in the slightest.

But that seems to be a very hard concept to understand.

Move on and do whatever you please i am not bothered one bit by it.
    it would change the game a lot actually

I don't get it.. a new race is not content. It's nothing to DO. You character just looks different and you forget about it most of the time.

A new class is only really content for people who main that new class....

A new zone is not really content either. You can have 1 zone like with a lot of features, stories, cut scenes and varied events or 10 zones with lame kill and gather quests.

Real content is things like M+, Raids, PvP activities, Questlines, Islands, Warfronts (not saying these last 2 are good kinds of content) etc. Things to actually DO. And before we see the scope of that how can you judge.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    I feel like they're just spitting in players' face at this point. We deserve proper expansions, not fillers.
    Shadowlands by itself is not a filler narrative, it's something we've always asked for but the contents of the expansion is clearly filler compared to MoP, Legion, etc

This just feels like another WoD and BFA to me.
    I remember when you complained that Legion was filler.
    Isn't that right, @NotTrihard?