Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Diablo 2 LOD - the itch

Hello everyone,
    ever since the D4 announcement i have had the itch to play D2 LOD - i think ill give in tomorrow and re-install from the b.net stash of games & cd-keys i have saved.. Has anyone else got the itch? did you create an account, a character? - what would you play if you had no gear and starting fresh ??

Any other thoughts on d2? is it to outdated on current machines for you to enjoy?
    Cheers fellas, just a conversation starter
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Now that you mentioned this, I looked back inside my old cd storage.

From there I found my old diablo2 and diablo2 lod cd's. I attempted to put their cd keys into my account. It worked!

I might actually play the game, but I hear they dont really function anymore on win10. Did they even function on windows 7? I might give it a go and see, if there are any problems.

edit: Seeing other posts, it seems the game actually works still? I might give it a go right away.
    Last edited by Morae; 2019-11-07 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    ever since the D4 announcement i have had the itch to play D2 LOD - i think ill give in tomorrow and re-install from the b.net stash of games & cd-keys i have saved.. Has anyone else got the itch? did you create an account, a character? - what would you play if you had no gear and starting fresh ??

Any other thoughts on d2? is it to outdated on current machines for you to enjoy?
    Cheers fellas, just a conversation starter
    I've been playing on and off for the past week.

Was playing classic with a mate and as soon as blizzcon opening ceremony revealed D4 we both installed D2 LoD and we have played it on and of since then

Really fun!

d2 actually still has a pretty decent community. Another certain site with "forum gold" is partially what keeps that community alive around ladder resets.

thats awesome you guys were drawn back haha - are there any channels in particular that are more active with real people?
    i'll check out that "forum gold" website, i think i know the one
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing D2 on and off over the years still. I've never uninstalled it. The only downside is that your account constantly gets deleted if you don't log in for awhile, but starting anew all the time has its charms as well.

I've also been playing it since the announcement. Funny that I played both d2 and d3 (a lot more d3) and d4 made me want to play d2.

I hope they don't fuck up and end up giving the game the arcade feeling I get from d3

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    thats awesome you guys were drawn back haha - are there any channels in particular that are more active with real people?
    i'll check out that "forum gold" website, i think i know the one
    I typically come back and do hardcore US east ladder resets. I won't play softcore but HC community has a good following on that site at least for the first 2-3 months of the season..kind of like POE. Once you've played long enough the itch fades. I'd have frankly been OK if they announced just a D2 remaster. I love the game even all these years later. I play on Window'd mode so the graphics look better, full screen is pretty horrid on a 27" lol.

D2 has some of the best longevity of any game made. The community is still strong after 20 years, and the game systems have aged really well. The graphics are the only downside, which are still okay, but they were dated when it was released

It's a great game but unfortunately the resolution makes my eyes bleed. Would have been nice if Blizzard had also revealed that D2 remaster/reforged was in the making this Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by masticator View Post
    It's a great game but unfortunately the resolution makes my eyes bleed. Would have been nice if Blizzard had also revealed that D2 remaster/reforged was in the making this Blizzcon.
    IIRC the high resolution mod and PlugY should be still working. Yeah, it kinda breaks the game lol but it should be decent enough.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Definitely got the itch as well. I've been browsing builds all day, but can't settle on anything. Might just cobble together some sort of cheap MF sorc, do some runs and see what drops and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    IIRC the high resolution mod and PlugY should be still working. Yeah, it kinda breaks the game lol but it should be decent enough.
    I was under the impression that it's a bannable offense to do that when playing online.

I was playing D2 a few months ago since I was bored with retail WoW and Classic hadn't been out.

Might have to play again when I need a break from Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by masticator View Post
    I was under the impression that it's a bannable offense to do that when playing online.
    Yes, but when i can have all the online features offline, then online it's useless I'm not interested in ladders or trading.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I've been playing recently D3 Vanilla and let me tell you... it rocks! Not having real money auction house and having actually hard and engaging combat + rare drops with only 4 difficulties is what made the game great. RoS ruined that for me.

There's a mod called Path of Diablo that is quite good. Improved itemization, improved drop rates, improved skills, new difficult areas and it is bot free AFAIK. Some dude put in a LOT of time building it and did a remarkable job. I haven't played in a while but there are several servers around the world that are hopefully still functioning.

15+ Year Old Account
    i play it from time to time.
    Once went for nightmare farm and one random guy joined my game and gave me the Oculus, I was like, amg wtf thanks buddy
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Not just D2 but D1 and D3 as well. I just beat D1 with a Sorc this morning. I'm starting D2 as I type this, and then I'll move on to D3 once I'm done.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University