Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Look at the whole picture, not just the facts you think prove you right.
    Well, for one, no one is saying the Ravens Offensive is one of "histories best offenses.."

Next you need to consider they just beat "the best defense in history" by 17 points...

The Steelers are still a very good team, but with lots of injuries.

Your argument overall is very messy and overly specific at times, while being overly broad in others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Again, depends on how you define better.
    I mean, not really...

- - - Updated - - -

It cracks me up that you keep complaining about consistency and "the whole picture" but you keep squinting whenever it suits your argument.

The Patriots had one of the easiest SoS... The 49ers have the 11th most difficult. The Ravens are at 19. These stats absolutely matter. You keep complaining about the big picture, but you discounts tons of other stats.

Infracted
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2019-11-08 at 07:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone looked into why Mayfield regressed so hard? Was last season a fluke or is this an extreme sophomore slump?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Has anyone looked into why Mayfield regressed so hard? Was last season a fluke or is this an extreme sophomore slump?
    From the game I watched the Patriots play against them, it starts with Kitchens and bad coaching and then somewhere after that you can blame Baker for not having taken a step in his second year. But I'd still argue that's on the coaching staff too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of penalties, bad in the redzone, bad on 3rd down, bad on turnovers. Reads like bad coaching and bad execution, name something Cleveland is probably bad at it, except running the ball, Chubb has been as advertised.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Well, for one, no one is saying the Ravens Offensive is one of "histories best offenses.."

Next you need to consider they just beat "the best defense in history" by 17 points...

The Steelers are still a very good team, but with lots of injuries.

Your argument overall is very messy and overly specific at times, while being overly broad in others.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, not really...

- - - Updated - - -

It cracks me up that you keep complaining about consistency and "the whole picture" but you keep squinting whenever it suits your argument.

The Patriots had one of the easiest SoS... The 49ers have the 11th most difficult. The Ravens are at 19. These stats absolutely matter. You keep complaining about the big picture, but you discounts tons of other stats.
    Exactly this. I never said the Ravens were the one of the greatest, merely that they were one of the better in the NFL (which even if it revolves around one person, they are) and had a slightly stronger schedule than the Pats. I never said the Pats were a bad defense, simply that their historic numbers came against easily the weakest schedule in the league by far, so it was way too early to make any firm judgement about them. They got ran over hard by the Ravens (which really is the best offense they had played to date). Yes, the Ravens were at home coming off of a bye week, but the fact remains defense that people were ready to crown one of the greatest of all time got blown up by them. The Pats still have a good defense, and the Ravens still have a good offense. I'm applying the same standard to both teams, because I never gave the Ravens offense near the level of praise I have criticized others for giving the Pats defense.

Moving on, I think the Browns regression is a combination of A) Mayfield being like Manziel, Leinart, and Russell, and seeming to be more concerned with getting endorsements and a paycheck than actually improving from year to year and B) It's the Browns, who really seemed to be one of the most cursed franchises in the NFL (along with the Lions, Bills, and Vikings) that just can never live up to expectations for long.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kinda cringing at the Chiefs starting Mahomes so soon. He was already playing banged up for a few weeks before the Broncos game. It's not like they're struggling and desperate for wins, either.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Lots of penalties, bad in the redzone, bad on 3rd down, bad on turnovers. Reads like bad coaching and bad execution, name something Cleveland is probably bad at it, except running the ball, Chubb has been as advertised.
    The running seems to be the only upside. I know they have OBJ.. but he is overrated. I used to defend his emotionalism, but this shit with the watch, giving Tom Brady cleats and slobbering all over him, ... he is just a distraction and hasn't preformed well at all.

Plus isn't this the coaches 1st year or second year?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Kinda cringing at the Chiefs starting Mahomes so soon. He was already playing banged up for a few weeks before the Broncos game. It's not like they're struggling and desperate for wins, either.
    Yeah, I don't know if that is because he is pushing to play, or the coaches are pushing for him to play. They seemed to play fine without him, and its a better long term choice to let him heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Moving on, I think the Browns regression is a combination of A) Mayfield being like Manziel, Leinart, and Russell, and seeming to be more concerned with getting endorsements and a paycheck than actually improving from year to year and B) It's the Browns, who really seemed to be one of the most cursed franchises in the NFL (along with the Lions, Bills, and Vikings) that just can never live up to expectations for long.
    The Bills (6-2) are playing at the Browns this weekend, and the Browns (2-6) are actually favored. It'll be interesting to see how the two match up. I honestly think Baker is better than the likes of the QBs you listed, and I have no idea what happened to him this year. I almost want to write it off to a sophomore slump combined with a first year (and potentially one-and-done) head coach. I think a similar thing is happening with Sam Darnold.

It's amazing to me anyone thought Adam Gase was a good coach. I know at least in Buffalo, we were mocking that coaching hire drastically when it happened. As for Kitchens - IDK, he just seems to have lost the team, much as I hate the idea of "culture" being important to a team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baker already has as many victories as any of those other guys and way more TDs, that trio of suck had 40 combined, Baker has 34 on his own. Offensive continuity is looking overrated since they hired based on that and its been a disaster. They're still suffering for having Hue on staff for a year too long.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Well, Stafford is out today. Apparently he's got "fractured bones in his back".

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ken-bones-back
    I'm trying to figure out how you get to be a game time decision with a friggin' broken back.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Falcons coaching staff convinced the refs to scrutinize hands to the face.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    That Tannenhill "fumble" against the Chiefs was aggressively dumb. Calvin Johnson rule level of dumb.

Exciting week so far.... 3 upsets, 2 of them decided by field goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chiefs/Titans had a hell of an ending, and famed offensive powerhouses Buffalo and Cleveland scored a combined 35, while overrated nobody Baltimore had a measly 49.
    /s

Ah yes, the inevitable midseason collapse from the Bills. Let the malaise begin.

I don't think anyone can deny the Bills are kind of pretenders, now.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Ah yes, the inevitable midseason collapse from the Bills. Let the malaise begin.

I don't think anyone can deny the Bills are kind of pretenders, now.
    I always root for the Bills and the Dolphins because I despise the Jets and Patriots. The Bills disappoint me every year.

KC are teetering on pretenders level as well.

Gnerational talent at QB, great talent at skill positions, but have a terrible defense that can't stop the run, and a very suspect OLine with injuries.

Recipe for an early exit.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

10+ Year Old Account
    Bar the Bears scraping a win out, today has been brilliant from a Raiders perspective.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Wow, OPI, what a terrible call. The dude was already falling over.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/statu...976015873?s=19

The jump on that snap is absolutely perfect, you'll never get closer timing than that.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    KC are teetering on pretenders level as well.

Gnerational talent at QB, great talent at skill positions, but have a terrible defense that can't stop the run, and a very suspect OLine with injuries.

Recipe for an early exit.
    As I said to the other mods, Andy Reid doesn't need a great defense to win with Mahomes. But he needs *a* defense, which he currently doesn't have.

I still don't think they're a pretender. With the KC offense, you can win any given Sunday easy with below average to average defense. The problem is the KC defense is a joke. There's no way Tannehill should be scoring 35 points on you, ever. Did he ever even do that as a started in Miami? Jeez.