Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would want too and would guess, as we have barb, druid and sorc so far
    * paladin/crusader/deathknight
    * ranger
    * necromancer/warlock

As then we will get 3 melee, 3 ranged... I love necro with pet build, but same time I would want too see necro goes more to a death knight approch and then we get a warlock instead

But sametime I would love too see priest - full support character too
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Necros used shields too. They could start with them and add Paladins/Crusaders later.
    I like the necro, more in d2 than I did in d3, but I think he will be a selling point for a later xpac. Also I think they won't give him shields anymore. He already also had shrunken heads in d2 and phylactery in d3. But I think I'm already in love with the Druid, so let's see what comes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Blizzard doesn't leave out a Summoner class. It's not the same as a Ranged class and not the same as a class having a pet. A true summoner class revolves around having multiple pets out, typically also with some kind of throw away small minions that can be used and abused for buffs or as canonfodder.

But, there's a good chance that with Blizz going back to the roots and bringing back Druid that they might have decided that Druid is a good enough approximation for Summoner classes to get on with and to only introduce one in a later expansion.

That would be disappointing, but I'd still buy and play D4. Just probably not the ridiculous hours I played before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    But a spear throwing amazon IS what we've seen... There was a whole D2 tree built around spear throwing abilties...
    To be fair, it was a javelin though, not a spear.

Barbarian. Druid. Sorceress. Necromancer. Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I hope Blizzard doesn't leave out a Summoner class. It's not the same as a Ranged class and not the same as a class having a pet. A true summoner class revolves around having multiple pets out, typically also with some kind of throw away small minions that can be used and abused for buffs or as canonfodder.

But, there's a good chance that with Blizz going back to the roots and bringing back Druid that they might have decided that Druid is a good enough approximation for Summoner classes to get on with and to only introduce one in a later expansion.

That would be disappointing, but I'd still buy and play D4. Just probably not the ridiculous hours I played before.
    I think they'll leave the Paladin out for vanilla if i have to exclude one. The fact shields are in game doesn't mean current classes cannot use them.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    To be fair, it was a javelin though, not a spear.
    To be fair, there were also versions called "Short Spear" and "Throwing Spear". A Javelin is simply a subcategory of light spear.

In much the same way that D2 had thrown and melee skills for Amazons, and heavy and light spears (heavy being solely melee, and lightly being ranged, with weak melee), I can see them making something akin to a "Spartan" class, which functions similarly.

Hell, if we look at the Amazon in Heroes of the Storm, we can already see roughly what Blizz' idea of a modern spear fighter could be like.

I don't think it's much of a stretch, to see them creating a ranged Agi class, based around thrown spears, that had a second tree based around tanky melee combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I think they'll leave the Paladin out for vanilla if i have to exclude one. The fact shields are in game doesn't mean current classes cannot use them.
    Tbh, given how D2 Druid worked, and seeing how Bear Skills seem to be based around them beaing fairly durable, I wouldn't be surprised if 1H & Shield was possible for Druids.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2019-11-08 at 04:11 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    If they introduce paladins i don't think they will be called Paladins. In the lore the Knights of Westmarch (the paladin in D2) are mostly just ordinay knights that defend Westmarch now, they aren't really Holy Warriors anymore.

The more recent Order of holy warriors is the Templar Order. Kormac (the D3 follower) is one of them.
    So my guess is that we will have a Templar as the holy class of D4 instead of the "outdated" paladin (lorewise). Or Cleric like the scrapped D2 classes that was supposed to be in the 2nd xpac.
    Last edited by Kagdar; 2019-11-08 at 04:21 PM.

Chronomancer pleeeeeeeeease. (Or a soulcaller, or summoner.)

Thinking like reversing time to restore dead armies and champions. Shit would be nuts.

Could wear vials of 'sand' that are actually the ashen remains of fallen nephalem champions. When summoned the avatar could call them by name.

If Sanctuary is in disarray from Malthael, definitely the classes will be based on the cultures of the most powerful groups.
    Last edited by Elestia; 2019-11-08 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, there were also versions called "Short Spear" and "Throwing Spear". A Javelin is simply a subcategory of light spear.
    Okay but a javelin was a throwing weapon with a certain stack size. It's not really the same as spear. And even the skill tree makes a clear difference between a spear and a javelin.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2019-11-09 at 01:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Okay but a javelin was a throwing weapon with a certain stack size. It's not really the same as spear. And even the skill tree makes a clear difference between a spear and a javelin.
    Only to differentiate between those that could be used for ranged and melee, vs those that were melee only. A difference which probably woudln't make to to D4.

Also worth noting: Most of the high end Javelins had a stack size... that would replenish itself. Usually so fast that there was never much chance you'd see the end of it, unless you really spammed.

So, if we were to see Amazons or Spartans, or ANY Spear throwing class, I think it's safe to say that much like their HotS counterpart's javelins, or like the D3 Demon Hunter's arrows and grenades, the chances of them "Running out" of spears to throw is slim to none.

Which is the point the original reply was trying to make... for fuck knows what reason. Personally, I think they were just trying to start a nonsense debate, and we both fell for it.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only to differentiate between those that could be used for ranged and melee, vs those that were melee only. A difference which probably woudln't make to to D4.

Also worth noting: Most of the high end Javelins had a stack size... that would replenish itself. Usually so fast that there was never much chance you'd see the end of it, unless you really spammed.

So, if we were to see Amazons or Spartans, or ANY Spear throwing class, I think it's safe to say that much like their HotS counterpart's javelins, or like the D3 Demon Hunter's arrows and grenades, the chances of them "Running out" of spears to throw is slim to none.

Which is the point the original reply was trying to make... for fuck knows what reason. Personally, I think they were just trying to start a nonsense debate, and we both fell for it.
    Oh yea, I agree. I don't think we are going to see an Amazon class that would run out 'throwing spears' in D4. I guess my point was that there's a difference between spears and javelins in D2, and yes I agree with you we both fell for the nonsense argument.

But a spear throwing amazon IS what we've seen... There was a whole D2 tree built around spear throwing abilties...
    *what we know or have seen in the real world* is what I meant. I don't mind magic and fantasy elements, and I don't mind suspending reality for certain game play mechanics, i.e. bottomless arrows that are autoloaded. I just don't want the entire thing to be make believe beyond reality. That's the "some semblance" I was talking about. For me to enjoy it, there has to be some base of reality it is be rooted in. Otherwise, it feels like a 5 year old's story, or might as well be about Mary Sue.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I think they were just trying to start a nonsense debate, and we both fell for it.
    Dude. I just have a different opinion than you. It would be OK for you to think my opinion is nonsense, because that would be your opinion, but why go around thinking everyone who disagrees with you on a subject is trying to start a nonsense debate? I just have a different opinion than you. And that's OK. If you think it's nonsense, feel free not to reply. But I'm not over here trying to 'trick' you.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    *what we know or have seen in the real world* is what I meant. I don't mind magic and fantasy elements, and I don't mind suspending reality for certain game play mechanics, i.e. bottomless arrows that are autoloaded. I just don't want the entire thing to be make believe beyond reality. That's the "some semblance" I was talking about. For me to enjoy it, there has to be some base of reality it is be rooted in. Otherwise, it feels like a 5 year old's story, or might as well be about Mary Sue.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude. I just have a different opinion than you. It would be OK for you to think my opinion is nonsense, because that would be your opinion, but why go around thinking everyone who disagrees with you on a subject is trying to start a nonsense debate? I just have a different opinion than you. And that's OK. If you think it's nonsense, feel free not to reply. But I'm not over here trying to 'trick' you.
    To be honest I read all your posts and don't understand what you're actually worried about.

You fully recognize this as a fantasy magical universe built around RPG mechanics, what sort if real world things are you even talking about if you're concerned about... Throwing spears...

Do you have a problem with Diablo 2 Throwing weapons? If not, then you have no problem with what people here are talking about. No one is talking about mary sue unicorns.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    To be honest I read all your posts and don't understand what you're actually worried about.

You fully recognize this as a fantasy magical universe built around RPG mechanics, what sort if real world things are you even talking about if you're concerned about... Throwing spears...

Do you have a problem with Diablo 2 Throwing weapons? If not, then you have no problem with what people here are talking about. No one is talking about mary sue unicorns.
    I don't know that "worried" is how I'm feeling. I'm just saying that throwing magical never ending spears just feels too odd to me. Even with all the other unbelievable stuff going on, it makes more sense for spears to be a melee weapon with ranged spear attack as a large resource cost and/or medium cooldown use. I dunno why it's crazy/nonsense to want something that feels like what would actually happen. I get it you guys want magically summoned spears spamming in your hands. It's a fantasy game, so whatever. Just feels like there are so many other things you can used for ranged attacks, why do you feel you need to have ranged spear throw main attack?

I understand Crusaders already have basically that with shields and hammers, but there's supposed to be something supernatual about them or a supernatural power helping them or something, so that's where they get their magical attack. I just don't want every class, including Barbarians, Warriors, Amazons, types, to have to have magic attacks. I guess that's nonsense to you guys, but it makes sense to me. /shrug.

For the "Mary Sue" comment, I'm just talking about when you read a story where the abilities make no sense. Like something a 5 year old would write, and you just enjoy the silliness of the story, because it's a cute thing a 5 year old just wrote.

Player: "my non-magical hero throws his sword" <rolls dice>
    DM: "critical strike. The monster dies. The 2nd monsters now start to charge you."
    Player: "ok, now, my non-magical hero summoned another sword and throws it"
    DM: "what??"
    Player: "People have thrown swords in combat before, so my non-magical hero's main attack is "sword toss"

You guys like it, so I get it, I'm the wierdo here. Just saying it's not how I would do it.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got to say, I never thought Spears would be the step to far for someone. Espcially when throwing spears are something already in game...

Found some concept art of what looks like a ranger.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lord__Flu...17554983342080

- - - Updated - - -

A simple ranger would be a bit generic imo when amazon could fill that roll plus using spear builds.

Guess a ranger could also use trap builds like the d2 assassin though.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-11-11 at 02:04 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Found some concept art of what looks like a ranger.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lord__Flu...17554983342080

- - - Updated - - -

A simple ranger would be a bit generic imo when amazon could fill that roll plus using spear builds.

Guess a ranger could also use trap builds like the d2 assassin though.
    Interesting. I'm more than fine with the Amazon being in D4 and i'd definitely play one, but there are a couple caveat already mentioned that make me think we're not going to see it - not right now. Maybe later on for an expansion.

First of all, lore-wise, amazons are gender-locked into females. I'm not against gender-lock classes as i couldn't care less if my hero has boobs or not, but on the optic of "full fledged customization" i don't see it really fit. However, again, i don't think it would be bad to have the Amazon.

On the other side, a rogue like in D1, assassin like in D2 or demon hunter like in D3 fit more the darker theme of D4. If anything, i'd go with D1 rogue that can cover both ranged style, melee fast/agile style and even traps, all in one.

I can also see taking the "ranger" route and focus on bow/ranged combat to leave traps and other things for expansions.

All in all, amazon should be a great choice, but they need to work around some stuff to make it really fit. I can see her better couple with a similarly gender locked male only class so you have two options coupled together.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Interesting. I'm more than fine with the Amazon being in D4 and i'd definitely play one, but there are a couple caveat already mentioned that make me think we're not going to see it - not right now. Maybe later on for an expansion.

First of all, lore-wise, amazons are gender-locked into females. I'm not against gender-lock classes as i couldn't care less if my hero has boobs or not, but on the optic of "full fledged customization" i don't see it really fit. However, again, i don't think it would be bad to have the Amazon.

On the other side, a rogue like in D1, assassin like in D2 or demon hunter like in D3 fit more the darker theme of D4. If anything, i'd go with D1 rogue that can cover both ranged style, melee fast/agile style and even traps, all in one.

I can also see taking the "ranger" route and focus on bow/ranged combat to leave traps and other things for expansions.

All in all, amazon should be a great choice, but they need to work around some stuff to make it really fit. I can see her better couple with a similarly gender locked male only class so you have two options coupled together.
    Yeah the amazon is tricky when it comes to gender seeing as there are no male amazon's, closest I can think of in that theme would be some kind of hoplite or olympian themed javelin/spear kind of character.

Perhaps that's why they are thinking of going with a rogue or ranger kind of character for d4 instead or could think of if it's to much trouble going with the Amazon.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-11-11 at 03:20 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Pretty obvious its going to be necromancer and amazon (or something ranged).

Not releasing a fully realized necromancer at the start of D4 would be an absolute travesty.

I actually think it will be demon hunter and Necro to be honest.
    It makes sense for Demon Hunters to still be there 20 years after the end of D3.
    Amazons has not been seen in ages.

And with the priest of Rathma (at least I think he is from the cinematic) I believe there is a good chance of Necro to appear.
    The reason why I don't believe Crusaders and Paladins will appear is because of heaven cutting itself off.
    And even the Horadrim is slowly dying off into old age. I doubt we will see much of the light in this Diablo game.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup