Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    I hope Mogu for the Horde and Ankoan/Jinyu for the Alliance.

Ankoan have already a faction and rep grind in Nazjatar. Mogu will have a faction in 8.3. and lose their leader with Raden. So both are present and play a role in the current expansion. Which is a major requirement for allied races. All of this makes also sense with putting the Pandaren into the Alliance and Horde embassy, because Horde and Alliance Pandaren will recruit the last two allied races for this expansion. At least this is most likely by far in my eyes.
    This is why they won't be coming until 8.3.5. They don't have a story reason to join until after every casual has beaten LFR Nya'lotha and killed Ra'den, so they will have until 8.3.5 to work on their models and implement them as playable. They won't release Mogu without a pair, just like they waited THREE PATCHES to implement Vulpera (because they needed to reveal Mechagnomes), and that pair AR exists as Ankoan that they are likely working on behind the scenes: the models are already more developed than Kelfin.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2019-11-08 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I hope they pause for something actually cool from shadowlands.
    We already know Shadowlands at launch won't bring us any new allied races, so I feel like a last hurrah for the BfA allied races wouldn't be too harmful. Frankly, it feels sort of necessary to finish them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    im pretty sue there are people who don't like or will not play then, but it is time to throw a bone, we already had enough races to cover people who don't like then
    Yeah, indeed, agreed. Plus they really would fit the Horde better than any alternative. And they have way more identity established in the lore.
    Last edited by Fewane; 2019-11-08 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Friggin ogres. Who the fuck wants these ugly fat fucks?! They want to RP as themselves in the game, or some shit.

Literally give me anything other than ogres!!!!
    Lol, that is exactly why we like them. As guys (most members of this forum are men) we typically think ugly is cool and fat is amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Beside Anduin's fan, it is well known that Blizzard depiction of the Alliance isn't well liked by even the rest of the Alliance players I think.
    This forum won't ever be pleased 100% and the Alliance depiction when not in a faction war is fine. Out side of the very big elephant in the room what Allied race would so called "most people" want for Alliance. I don't care for mechagnomes but people do want like them.

EDIT: One caveat, much as I want furbolgs I don't know how one can fit weapons into their hands for the more melee oriented classes. But I think its more popular then....the other allied races.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post

There is no proof that Kul Tirans descend from vrykul/drust.
    uhhh bruh, all humans descend from vrykul....

However, the other statement is grasping at straws because WHILE all humans do descend from Vrykul, that blood is so diluted it's not worth mentioning. Human/drust would be a better statement but even that is questionable since iirc there's nothing implying that they interbreed with the drust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Allied Races will continue, but expect them not to be offshoots of existing races. The Customization revamp is meant to meet the needs of all the people who want to play all the racial variations that exist in the game. From now on Races will be new races that they think new players should be able to play & Allied races will be ones they feel should have to be earned. Like, the two new 8.3 reputations have no real gameplay rewards so I'm still suspecting some allied races in 8.3.5 to be associated with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Allied Races will continue, but expect them not to be offshoots of existing races. The Customization revamp is meant to meet the needs of all the people who want to play all the racial variations that exist in the game. From now on Races will be new races that they think new players should be able to play & Allied races will be ones they feel should have to be earned. Like, the two new 8.3 reputations have no real gameplay rewards so I'm still suspecting some allied races in 8.3.5 to be associated with them.
    I agree with this. The first half of the ARs were just really subraces/skin swaps with new hairstyles: it wasn't until the second half where Blizz really started making them feel like unique races. Even Mechagnomes are definitely distinguishable from regular gnomes: not so much a Draenei from a Lightforged.

This corroborates the idea that the last ARs are new races like Jinyu and Mogu instead of "Lightforged Undead" or something stupid like Night Elf Worgen. I think the Forsaken/Worgen AR isn't happening.

Simple, what faction reputation is left and would offer a new race to each faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Simple, what faction reputation is left and would offer a new race to each faction?
    Ankoan and Rajani. Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Well, since the Allied Races mirror the original races, the final two will be similar to Undead and Worgen. Lots of clues seem to be pointing towards Light[something] Undead with Calia Menethil as a leader. But as for the Worgen, no one knows. Saberon? Night Elven Worgen?

All I know is I want Alliance High Elves.
    Seems like Undead & Worgen are just considered offshoots of Humans. "Lightforged" undead don't look any different from regular undead & as far as more undead representation I'm expecting the Forsaken Night elves & Forsaken Blood elves being part of the new basic race customization. And when they eventually add more customization to Allied races, expect Void elves to get Alleria's High elf appearances.

But as for Rajani (Mogu with Draenei rigging) & Tol'vir (new Biped Cursed Tol'vir constructs with Worgen rigging) I'm holding out hope for 8.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Ankoan and Rajani. Boom.
    Much as I fear they might cram Lightforged Undead in instead, I will have to go with Ankoan and Rajani at this point. They work too well.

Ankoan and Rajani. Boom.
    I was actually hinting at the likely 2 reps from uldum/pandaria they'll give us in 8.3 but there is potentially a case for Ankoan & Unshackled.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Much as I fear they might cram Lightforged Undead in instead, I will have to go with Ankoan and Rajani at this point. They work too well.
    I feel like LFU is the big bad boogeyman "worst thing that can happen" meme for Alliance. Despite her not being Horde (which I assume implies neutrality) she definitely is not shown to the Alliance very much... and most importantly she doesn't have a rep.

Besides, the "skin swap ARs" seem to have been relegated to customization in 9.0 (Wildhammer, Sand Trolls, Blood Trolls, etc). LFU just seems to be a grey human.

Current content factions? I guess only the Nazjatar ones would even remotely make sense in the context of the story.
    But there are a bunch of older content factions that might work in some capacity. I'm reminded of the Sholazar Basin factions, the Jade Forest Jinyu/Hozen factions, as well as the Desolace centaurs and some ogre factions (i.e. Ogri'la).

Note, I'm just pointing out some existing factions. I'm not even remotely suggesting they'd make good AR's or that they should even be considered by Blizzard.

I feel like LFU is the big bad boogeyman "worst thing that can happen" meme for Alliance. Despite her not being Horde (which I assume implies neutrality) she definitely is not shown to the Alliance very much... and most importantly she doesn't have a rep.
    I mean, there are people who like them, but for me, I'd probably prefer no allied race over them. Regardless of what they do with them, they'd either be humans with a skin condition or holy forsaken.

Not really the most exciting thing in my opinion. And yeah, I really don't feel like at this point, there's a lot of buildup for them. Calia mainly just.. exists, and she's not overtly Alliance either.

Either way, War is over now going into 8.3 - we have no reason to recruit. Dont expect any ARs

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I mean, there are people who like them, but for me, I'd probably prefer no allied race over them. Regardless of what they do with them, they'd either be humans with a skin condition or holy forsaken.
    The "holy Forsaken" idea kind of bit it with boneless Forsaken coming in 9.0 (I assumed that would be the schtick if they used the Forsaken rig: they had more skin because they were healed) so I assume it would be fresher "Human" undead if it was an actual AR. But I feel like that's way to close to a skin swap of Humans for a latter half AR.

- - - Updated - - -

Either way, War is over now going into 8.3 - we have no reason to recruit. Dont expect any ARs
    Lol, the Vulpera and Mechagnome recruitment quests have nothing to do with the war in any way.

I think they would have at least teased that at Blizzcon if they had anything immediately planned. AR are done for now probably until the end of Shadowlands.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

The "holy Forsaken" idea kind of bit it with boneless Forsaken coming in 9.0 (I assumed that would be the schtick if they used the Forsaken rig: they had more skin because they were healed) so I assume it would be fresher "Human" undead if it was an actual AR. But I feel like that's way to close to a skin swap of Humans for a latter half AR.
    Yeah, the new Forsaken customization already means fresher looking UD for the Horde Plus Forsaken already have glowing yellow eyes. So if we do get Lightforged Undead, it'd make the most sense to just make them undead looking humans. At which point it's not really sharing a Forsaken skeleton anymore.