Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    With enough people outraged by this, they certainly will be more carefull and considerate in the future.
    Don't kid yourself, they won't be, people who care about the lore are just too few.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If Amanthul could tell the future then he should have done something about Sargeras sooner.
    Why would he? He's knows nothing beyond the nature of Time as it exists in his own mind - he doesn't have a choice, he like Nozdormu is locked into living out his fate as it's written. Acting outside of the true timeline as he knows it would open the doors to a universal chaos, which is something he warns Nozdormu about when Nozdormu is granted his powers as the Aspect of Time.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    It'll be ignored because it's, frankly, a stupid thing to say. It doesn't add to the discussion, it's just an attempt at hand-waving a problem without engaging with the reasons people are angry.
    Ironically, you pointing that out will also "fall on deaf ears".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Don't kid yourself, they won't be, people who care about the lore are just too few.
    I bought some of the books. I get what you're saying but even though I enjoyed the reading, it now feels pointless of me because it "may or may not be" what really happened.

I, for one, won't be buying any more lore books. Current lore or old.
    Thanks for the heads up!

https://twitter.com/burnzerker/statu...769998849?s=21

Blizzard is in the wrong here. The Blizzard Defense Force needs to give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post

I, for one, won't be buying any more lore books. Current lore or old.
    Most sensible choice, besides you can get pretty much anything online, if you look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If you think about it, Aman'thul and by extension Nozdormu, must live horrible lives at least relative to the way we understand and live life. They know what they will do, and how they'll die, and have no agency in acting out that fate whatsoever. For someone like Aman'thul it probably didn't even occur to him to fight against his fate or to speak of it - he basically lives his life right off the page of its script, so to speak, performing the actions he knows he must perform to take him to A to B to C in the chronology of his own existence. He doesn't have free will, or any sense of personal agency, he is literally an automaton following instructions to the letter. He may not even think in a manner we can understand.

Nozdormu, at least, is relateable because he was once a being that was limited and could act with relative freedom (being ignorant of the future) - Aman'thul never knew such relative freedom.
    I could just imagine Aman'thul looking at the Players going "BRUH, WTF?!"

But, yeah no. Their lives are fucking terrible. Why else is Aman'thul's hair all fucked? And why else did Nozdoromu become Murozond in some timelines? D:

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being sold as the legit source of info on favorite setting, its laws, rules, historical events and character.

Turned out to be just the compilation of Titan's tales.

Thats fucked up actually, especially since its used as justification for creation of new expansion.

In fact with this Blizzard literally invalidated its value. If id knew it would be just a compilation of official fiction stories with pictures, id think twice before bying it.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2019-11-08 at 03:29 PM.

Personally, I don't really care. Regardless whether Chronicle are written from the Titans or the developer's point of view, it'd still be canon - and later canon, if contradicts Chronicle, would still override it nevertheless. Keep in mind, though, to override Chronicle, later canon need to outright contradicts it without any possible explanation. Argument like "this contradicts my assumptions of events in Chronicle" doesn't count.

It's the same as any other books, basically - it's just that instead of telling any specific story, Chronicle serves as a series to sum up (or using Blizzard's words, "codify, tighten up and clarify") the stories told in them. Let's be honest, did someone actually think events in Chronicle was meant to be immutable and later canon can't override it before? If so, I'm sorry to say, but I doubt that ever was the case.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard fumbled hard with it. They should have just released another one to fill in the gaps and say they were saving it to not spoil. Making it from the titans perspective just makes fans feel cheated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I could just imagine Aman'thul looking at the Players going "BRUH, WTF?!"

But, yeah no. Their lives are fucking terrible. Why else is Aman'thul's hair all fucked? And why else did Nozdoromu become Murozond in some timelines? D:
    Nozdormu probably has it worse, all told - Aman'thul has probably always been a veritable slave to his foreknowledge. Nozdormu was just a normal dragon before becoming an Aspect, completely ignorant of how his own timeline would play out and thus free to act pretty much of his own accord. Now he's shackled to a predestined fate completely, and even worse he knows he'll become a corrupt abomination in the future and be put down by the ones he was originally entrusted to protect. Even moreso, Murozond is nuts and kills a number of Nozdomu's own children and peers - which means that's Nozdormu's fate as well, to turn on his friends and loved ones in his own madness.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing that the day before the announcement if people were asked if they thought the Chronicles were canon and reliable they would have responded that that was a stupid question and now afterwards a lot of people are saying "Of course it was always from the Titan's perspective, I totally always thought that guys.". Funny is all I'm saying.

Personally, I've always had the impression that the WoW books rarely have any value both lore and consistency wise considering how often they regularly retconned them or re-contextualise events whenever it suits the writers afterwards and as such reading them would generally be an exercise in futility. Frankly though I never expected that they would retcon the one series of books that they made the adamant case was to be the definite and official source for WoW's lore and story explained as much as feasibly possible and existed as the source from which anyone who had a major question about any aspect of WoW could refer to and get a clear confirmed answer from the Writer's themselves. Now that the Chronicles have been retconned to be an in-universe perspective of one party and could deliberately be said to contain "bias, incorrect or missing information because of the character writing it" absolutely diminishes it's worth and value as a source of lore. Because it's writer can just as likely be someone who has been writing bs all this time. Amazing.

On the plus side, I feel vindicated that I called bs on Sargeras' transformation and the description of the Titan so called "weakness". Now the bias/incorrect info on that event can be directly called out because Chronicle "is from the Titan's perspective".
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

"I call BS on Sargeras' Transformation and the Titan's weakness" Why?

Everyone complaining about this really didn't actually READ chronicle.
    Using this knowledge re-read the preface in the first book. Using critical reading skills the way the preface is written alludes to it being from a perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I call BS on Sargeras' Transformation and the Titan's weakness" Why?
    Because it's laid out in Chronicles that the Titans were weak to Fel and explains the reasoning for why they were hunting down Demons and detaining them was the risk they posed to the Titans and their survival. In other words, the cosmic balance of WoW makes the case Titans die to Fel. Sargeras being a big brain settles on the Void being a bigger threat than the demons and decides they could be his own personal army. He then cleaves the prison planet where the Demons are being kept and is completely submerged in an explosion of Pure Fel Energy but rather than dying he just ultra upgrades into a Demon Titan. He then proceeds to use his new army of Fel Creatures and new Fel Powers to wipe out the rest of the Titans for good (although not really as shown by the game changing the fact they didn't die permanently but instead became Titan spirits and Sargeras just didn't know that was a thing that could happen at the time).

That's why.

Quote Originally Posted by logmantv View Post
    Using this knowledge re-read the preface in the first book. Using critical reading skills the way the preface is written alludes to it being from a perspective.
    Yeah the perspective of the writers.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Nothing's been retconned. People don't understand that the Chronicles being mostly from the POV of the Titans is =/= Them actually writing the damn things.
    Indeed, it's complete failure to grasp the concept. I would otherwise say that maybe people are too passionate, but we know that truth is failure of comprehension.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by logmantv View Post
    You are asking for impossible.

Vast majority of people bitching here are simply bitching for the sake of bitching, you have these threads pop up every now and again regardless of whether they actually have any sort of real reference going on and you will always have circlejerk forming around it.

People here don't really care about this, just another opportunity for some to start swingin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    Well, anyway warcraft 3 was first that established first glances of lore.. And was made by Blizzard NORTHwhich was autonomous dev team.. WoW was made after blizzard north seized to exist.. Blizzard that made WoW isnt same as blizzard north..

Blizzard is unable to write new lore without spitting on old lore or running circles inside old lore retconing everything .. so Chronicle became retchronicle typical blizzard
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_North

What?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Indeed, it's complete failure to grasp the concept. I would otherwise say that maybe people are too passionate, but we know that truth is failure of comprehension.
    The fact you said this with that particular character as profile pic, is just downright hilarious.

inb4 Chronicle vol. 4