Page 1 of 36
... LastLast

Diablo 4 to feature microtransactions

https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status...02103212802049

So on top of the paid game and expansions, there will be microtransactions. Shame, my excitement had almost made it through one entire week.

Art by draken4o

Just a few cosmetics, nothing really to worry about

5+ Year Old Account
    Blame shareholders ect ect blah blah.

If it’s just for cosmetic items than no problem but if it’s for items than a big fat nooooo.

I mean, of course it will. Sadly it's pretty much the standard at this point.

I'd wait and see what kind of microtransactions before making a judgment. They might be horrible, they might be innocuous stuff. It sounds like (from what little we know) D4 is doubling down on character customization so I wouldn't be surprised if it was cosmetic-related.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just like a piece of shit on a cake. Damn, why? Unless the "entry fee" for the game isn't just 10 or 20 bucks there is no reason to put micro-transactions in it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a way to support the game. I don't condone them but....its going to be awhile being D4 is released.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

People still defending MTX in games which you pay full price for and are made by companies worth billions? I never understand it.

MTX in games is a cancer.

Are you honestly, with a straight face, going to tell me this comes as a surprise?.

Eh.. was hoping for the PoE model (granted I understand people hate that the best looking shit is paid for and it's overpriced as fuck.. but I don't care so much about my character looks but the game being fun and supported)..

But damn, buy the game cost + buy the expansions + mtx.. might be avoiding this one.

They better be supporting the game a lot better than PoE (which is amazing with their added content) if they're gonna charge for everything
    Last edited by jstnw89; 2019-11-08 at 05:14 PM.
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be pointed out that it's Cosmetic microtransactions.

Ehhhh, I think it's fine. Not ideal, but fine. It's okay.

I have been starting to veer away from the mindset that "they are only cosmetics", as cosmetics are very important to people. People want to look good, are ready to pay extra for it. And we can quite safely assume that some of the best looking items are going to be behind microtransactions. There are whales to be milked with this, and they know it.

But still, it's not too bad. Hopefully they can support the game longer and better than they did/are supporting Diablo 3. At least it's not lootboxes, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

"It's an opportunity to have more options available"

How about you just put all of the options in the fucking game?

Why would anyone be surprised? This question was asked at Blizzcon and the answer they gave, didn't even answer the question at all. It was just some bullshit non-conclusive answer about "different playstyles for different players" or something like that.

They were directly asked if D4 would have microtransactions, and gave a vague non-answer. That alone was confirmation that yes, there would be microtransactions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus1 View Post
    People still defending MTX in games which you pay full price for and are made by companies worth billions? I never understand it.

MTX in games is a cancer.
    Nobody is "defending microtransactions", we're saying that it's just cosmetic items so it's not that bad.

I wasn’t very excited after Blizzcon. BS like this might bring me to the point of not even buying the game. I hate giving money to greedy projects.

So they copy their free to play competitor Path of exile, any chance on top of asking for more money then path of exil, they could match the content update speed this time? Since they are doing both free to play and buy to play model in one. They should double the update speed path of exile has for new content? No? Its gona be years of nothing but tweak numbers between each expansion?
    Last edited by minteK917; 2019-11-08 at 05:14 PM.

No issues with that if it's just cosmetics.

When it comes to gear making your character stronger though that's a huge no no.
    Do you hear the voices too?

MTX will be a thing as long as people buy stuff..

Money in the bank is way more important than a few negative reactions on Social Media.

From everything I've seen, the microtransactions will only be for vanity things, not power/progression/QoL items (hence the pay model stated as an expansion-based model). I'm perfectly fine if it's vanity. I know tons of people who dump thousands of dollars into stuff that makes them look pretty in game, even if it's a game they barely play, so don't hate on developers if they introduce such a system because people willingly use and enjoy such systems. If they start making me pay extra for things like bag/bank space a la PoE to where the QoL costs are equal to or more than a standard game, then I'd start to question the system if the game isn't free.

Honestly, the best part about a microtransaction system in Blizzard games is that I can dump my millions of gold from WoW into B.net tokens for microtransactions if I choose. I kind of wish other games had potential to dump in-game currency into real-life currency if you put in enough effort. Regardless, even this Blizz token system relies solely on players using real-life money to buy tokens, so there's obviously a market for it.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

"Just cosmetics" doesn't fly with me. Many of us work as hard or harder on cool cosmetics than on character progression. It's content, just like anything else. Content that could enrich the gameplay loop but is instead carved out.
    Yes, it's very early, but also disheartening to have microtransactions associated to the game.

Art by draken4o

Cool...So Ill be walking around in ratty linen underpants and a metal bucket on my head.
    Why...

In any case, saying "just cosmetics" nowadays is like that guy who says "just the tip". Before you know it, you are screwed. I bet my neck you will be able to buy power or certain QoL features only in the shop. Maybe not now, or at launch. But its going to be there.
    Most likely, improve your chances of upgrading a legendary gem by 50% forever! 500 coins in the shop. Buy 400 coins for 1€
    Last edited by Spiel; 2019-11-08 at 05:23 PM.

Doesn't the chinese D3 have mtx which is just like wings, pets and portrait frames? Proly be the same here. Need something to generate money to further development.
    READ and be less Ignorant.